We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Compartmentalizing Drugs Options

gosvami
#21 Posted : 12/14/2008 11:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
In the last year or so I have also come back to explore the sage again, and when I began to grow her myself, my relationship with this plant grew exponentially. I feel that all my mushroom experiences have allowed me a much deeper perspective on the work shamans do, and that this foundation was necessary to properely work with the sage.
yes, I can understand. I have made the same experience.
OM

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

coz42
#22 Posted : 12/14/2008 5:53:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
datura and coca...i dont think either contain cannabinoidsConfused ...

Datura traces small amounts in anandamine (Cannabinoid receptor), used in synthesis for tropacocaine in java coca... Was curious when obtained the powder from coca(Supposedly), so I added the jimson weed and made a tea, hoping for MAO inhibition. Was just exploring, but thanks, για την επίθεση. Didn't mean to offend anyone Confused
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

'Coatl
#23 Posted : 12/14/2008 6:01:04 PM

Teotzlcoatl

No offense, just had no idea what you were talking about. It's cool. That's interesting.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

soulman
#24 Posted : 12/14/2008 6:47:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A FOAF is in the process of gettin some Ketamine. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Iv read some interesting reports which read similar to breakthrough experiences.
Also if any of you are familiar with D.M.Turners The Essential Pychedelic Guide, he rates the intensity of each of the pychedlics he is talking about.
He rates mushrooms at 3-7, DMT he rates 9-10 in intensity. Ketamine he says, is 10-infinty.

He rates the experience of Ket higher than DMT. The stuff must be absolutley bonkers
You have to go within or you go without

'Coatl
#25 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:09:52 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm sorry man but your totally off topic. Start another "Ketamine" thread.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Infundibulum
#26 Posted : 12/14/2008 7:24:14 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

coz42 wrote:
fractal enchantment wrote:
datura and coca...i dont think either contain cannabinoidsConfused ...

Datura traces small amounts in anandamine (Cannabinoid receptor), used in synthesis for tropacocaine in java coca... Was curious when obtained the powder from coca(Supposedly), so I added the jimson weed and made a tea, hoping for MAO inhibition. Was just exploring, but thanks, για την επίθεση. Didn't mean to offend anyone Confused

Anandamide (not anandamine) is a eicosanoid lipid, it is very difficult to see how it could be used in synthesis of an alkaloid, such as tropacocaine. Do you have more information on this subject?Would be pretty interesting.

But anyway, are you greek?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

coz42
#27 Posted : 12/14/2008 11:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The combination was very imaginary, but findings of tropane alkaloids in datura couldn't help to wonder what anandamide inhibition could do. Also understand that there's ease in synthesis to trigger the enzyme in the brain itself without compromising to the poison:

http://www.pnas.org/content/91/14/6698.abstract
http://users.cyberone.co...ts/tropane_alkaloids.htm

"Infundibulum" wrote:

Mostly, there's scottish in the surrname.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Infundibulum
#28 Posted : 12/15/2008 11:50:52 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

coz42 wrote:
The combination was very imaginary, but findings of tropane alkaloids in datura couldn't help to wonder what anandamide inhibition could do. Also understand that there's ease in synthesis to trigger the enzyme in the brain itself without compromising to the poison:

http://www.pnas.org/content/91/14/6698.abstract
http://users.cyberone.co...ts/tropane_alkaloids.htm

"Infundibulum" wrote:

Mostly, there's scottish in the surrname.

Crap, I seriously have no idea what you're talking about. Your links don't help me much either...

If you scottish then a bheil gàidhlig agaibh?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

MalargueZiggy
#29 Posted : 4/6/2009 10:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blue_velvet wrote:
Who uses psychedelics for spirituality/intellect/learning/etc. BUT also uses other drugs specifically for the purpose of getting fucked up. What do you use? If you use harmful drugs, how do you justify it? I'd like to know your psychedelic use as well as your "Other" use.

Me? I use LSD, Psilocybin mushrooms, DXM, morning glories. Really anything useful I can find.

I also sometimes use pills. Anti anxiety, opiates, dramamine. Alcohol. I've thoroughly enjoyed heroin and cocaine on a few occasions. I also use inhalants, but only rarely. I have no real respect for my body, but I am only addicted to nicotine. Oddly, I rarely drink coffee to avoid gaining another addiction. I'll try just about any drug except GHB.

Friend asked me to answer for him:

"My drug use is completely psychedelic and although I use them in settings that aren't wholly tuned towards spirituality etc (i.e going out to squat raves) there's never a time when I'm not learning. In fact, in some ways I learn more when I'm out (generally on acid) because my interactions with others are tested more thoroughly.

I don't take drugs like coke because I see them as very damaging, not only to my self but also to my body; more so imo than RCs. Maybe I'm blinded by my affinity for psychedelics and maybe I'm stupid to do RCs but this is just my opinion.

I see no benefit whatsoever in doing speed and staying up for days.

I make no distinction between chemical/RCs/'natural' psychedelics. Firstly I think that once you've removed the mescaline from a cactus or the DMT from Mimosa, you can't really call the compound you ingest 'naturally occurring'. Mushrooms/Ergot/etc are purely the vessel that carries these compounds. I don't see anything wrong with extracting them obviously, but I think that the natural argument only works if you take them 'the natural way'.

I see nothing wrong with taking manmade psychedelics, I'm willing to risk the risks for the rewards. I might die in an electrical fire tonight, so I'm willing to cautiously expand the repertoire that I do/have done while I'm fit and healthy."

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

'Coatl
#30 Posted : 4/7/2009 12:50:37 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
I make no distinction between chemical/RCs/'natural' psychedelics. Firstly I think that once you've removed the mescaline from a cactus or the DMT from Mimosa, you can't really call the compound you ingest 'naturally occurring'. Mushrooms/Ergot/etc are purely the vessel that carries these compounds. I don't see anything wrong with extracting them obviously, but I think that the natural argument only works if you take them 'the natural way'.

I basically agree with that.

Quote:

I see nothing wrong with taking manmade psychedelics, I'm willing to risk the risks for the rewards. I might die in an electrical fire tonight, so I'm willing to cautiously expand the repertoire that I do/have done while I'm fit and healthy."

...But disagree with this... I'm only going to take psychoactive which I KNOW are safe!!!

VisualDistortion
#31 Posted : 4/8/2009 12:04:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Without Bio-assay, we will never know if they are safe. I'm not encouraging anyone to take RC's, but they will be taken and others will learn from the dumb or daring.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Phlux-
#32 Posted : 4/8/2009 12:39:25 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yep - you may die in an electrical fire tonight but if u turn off all electrical items in ur house before u snooze - there is less of a chance of that happening - u dont win the lotto if u dont enter.
i am disgusted by how many ppl abuse pharmaceuticals too, but il save that rant for another time.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

VisualDistortion
#33 Posted : 4/8/2009 9:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bleh, I don't like pharms. I don't think they feel good at all. I don't know why people abuse them. Opiates just put my in a drowsy grumpy state.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

40oztofreedom
#34 Posted : 4/8/2009 10:20:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Quote:

...But disagree with this... I'm only going to take psychoactive which I KNOW are safe!!!

I really do believe it is a respectable opinion to treat your body with the highest amount of respect possible. To be happy, healthy, and pure.

But not everyone else feels that way. One's psychological opinion of themselves can basically dictate what they do, or don't put in their bodies. Frankly, some people truely do not care what they put in their bodies regardless of what it is. But also, as VisualDistortion said, we won't ever know they are safe, but people will take them and we will learn from the daring.

In my personal opinion. A lot of pharmaceuticals need to just fucking burn in hell. But, you can't completely take them out of the picture. Just because they are man-made, and not from nature (although some are) doesn't mean they don't have their own benefits. Another point being, not every single person in the world looks at this like we do. Its simply a convienience factor. One could go out in nature, and find everything he needs to live, and stay healthy. But it doesn't work that way for everyone. Things like penicillin, a lot of us would probably be dead without it, and the convienience facotr that came along with it. (I'm sure some of us could sit down and make it, but I doubt we have that kind of time, or resources)

But here is something completely far fetched and off topic, (but I'll post it anyways, just so I can remember). Think about an issue, such as.... over-population. We have a thread on it here. Someone made a point that, maybe the government would turn its back on its people, and cut down the numbers. Pharamaceuticals. We don't see the toxic effects now, but maybe.... 50 years from now an epidemic breaks out and 3/4 of the world dies from using these medications all of their lives.

But the people who didn't take those medications would still be alive. Natural selection anyone?
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

soulfood
#35 Posted : 4/9/2009 4:44:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

First of all I'd like to say I have great respect for the individual and especially their right for their own control (or lack of Pleased).

There are chemicals which I have used in the past and probably won't use again. Mainly MDMA. I used this a lot in college and at the time I thought it was great. I was very aware of the health risks and was using quite regularly (up to 3 times a week). The thing that stopped me using this was, that I became aware of the fact that little discovered on MDMA is true. People who at the time feel like very close friends turn out to be not so.

Other than cannabis MDMA is probably the only drug I used for pure recreation. Then there's LSD which I think of as spiritual/recreational and probably won't use again because I don't trust something that I almost can't see. Far too potent for my liking and a slight dosing mistake can lead to chaos, which on other substances I have a way of handling that I could never figure out with LSD.

I'd say that most substances I use fall into this spiritual/recreational category however most of my intent before consumption is for a learning experience, but enjoyment just seems to be a side-effect I'm quite happy to live with. Oral DMT can be bliss but at the same time nothing has benefit me more and I don't feel the need to use it often after the initial experimental phase, what with getting doses correct and what have you. When I smoke DMT which is very rarely, it falls into a category that is spiritual without any trace of recreation and I try to keep my mindset very neutral. I really can't describe why I smoke DMT and my feelings before consumption don't follow a specific pattern but the usual feeling is that of one in need of humbling. The after effect are usual more sort after by myself than the initial integration.

Mushrooms to me are the ultimate in recreational/spiritual substances in that the experience is usually split into 3 phases. The first being the giddy phase where friends get together and feel... well, giddy. In this phase I get all need for a recreational thrill out of my system before entering the second, the dissociative phase. This is when things get a little more intense and I try to be one with myself more than of others and open up my mind and this phase can be either spiritually profound or emotionally shattering.But also it's good to have deep conversation in this phase and respect the fact that there's much to learn from others in this state as well. Much to learn from there... then there's the reflection phase which is pretty self-explanatory.

I used Iboga once and that was purely spiritual. It shall not be or indeed need to be repeated.

I'm interested in trying mescaline and bufotenine but I'm guessing they will fall into the spiritual/recreational category.

I'm also very choosey about who I use these substances with. I seek no pleasure in communing with those who use mind-altering substances as purely recreational. Mainly because they bore me and are very closed.

PREV12