We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can someone upgrade my account? Options

Spark
#1 Posted : 8/2/2013 11:38:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ive been using the Nexus for more than a few years and my account is still in the nursery. This unfortunately blocks me from interacting with most Nexians about my experiences, and to exchange knowledge. Ive done the intro thing. Can somebody please upgrade me?
All postings are mental exercises and hypothetical in nature.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jbark
#2 Posted : 8/3/2013 12:51:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe bump your intro? And posting more than 9 times in 2 years might help. Smile

You will only get promoted if people know who you are. On quick way is to hang out in chat. Good luck!

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

anrchy
#3 Posted : 8/3/2013 2:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spark wrote:
This unfortunately blocks me from interacting with most Nexians about my experiences, and to exchange knowledge.

Nothing is blocking you from interacting with anyone. Everyone can see all the same threads. And not only do full members often chime in on the new member posts but other new members do to. Join your brothers and sisters in communication. Give and you shall receive.

The New member posting area contains 4 different sections.

Faq: This con be used to ask any questions you have about extracting, vaping, consuming, whatever. Any question you have goes here.

Welcome Discussion: This place can be used to discuss anything you feel like discussing.

Intro Essay: Self explanatory.

First step in Hyperspace: This section can be used to post your experiences on various psychedelics.

You get full membership when you receive positive votes. You get votes depending on the content and attitude of your posts. So as people get to know you and if they enjoy your threads you will start to receive votes towards getting membership.

What exactly has stopped you from posting?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Cosmic Spore
#4 Posted : 8/3/2013 3:23:42 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I was a long time lurker before I began posting, and the way I finally became a full member is hanging out on the Chat "Welcome Area".

This was also after my intro and some extra posts, but I second the chat recommendation.

I will vote for your promotion because you have been here for a long time; my vote means much less than a moderator, and mods are often on chat, even if you don't see anyone typing.

A moderator had mercy on me in chat and this is how I became a full member.

Metanoia
#5 Posted : 8/3/2013 5:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't wish to start a huge debate about the welcome area here, but this is the one side of the argument that is valid, IMO. It stops some new members from posting, especially if they've written an introduction, had some interaction, and not been promoted.

Had I joined later than I did and had to go through the promotion process, I might not have made the cut either.

I see the reason in having a system like this in place, but it definitely stops certain types of people (like myself) from becoming full members. I suppose the majority feel that if you have something worthwhile to contribute that you'll speak your piece, but some are very shy and hesitant to do so.

I vote for promotion Smile

joshisom
#6 Posted : 8/3/2013 6:00:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

from what i understand you get promoted by contributing like share you experience look at peoples tecks and c if ther was anything that they missed, when people have questions give them a good answer based on facts and not just opinion. i got promoted after i wrote an acacia confusa extraction tek. it will happen but chances are if u just ask to be promoted it ont happen you gotta give a reason and like i said contribute and post more u only got 9 so we dont know much about you.

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 8/3/2013 5:04:38 PM

JC

Cosmic Spore wrote:

A moderator had mercy on me in chat and this is how I became a full member.

Had mercy hahahaahah make it sound like some weird cult Big grin

9 posts in so many years isn't many at all, see for me an after effect of smoking dmt was obsession and this site was part of the obsession, maybe that's just me or maybe your just not worthy enough, maybe beg the gods, i mean mods for some mercy and your wish shall be granted Big grin

Cosmic Spore
#8 Posted : 8/3/2013 6:04:29 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I do agree that it would be helpful to have more than 9 posts in 2+ years.

For me, it did happen that way; I had posted numerous times, but mainly within 2 threads (my intro and my salvia thread), and remained in the nursery until the evening I began hanging out on chat; that evening on chat I linked members to threads I had been posting in, and I happened to be promoted that night. Smile .

Since then, I've been using Tor and posting much more often.

A note on promotion:

[NEW FUNCTIONALITY] Promoting!

and

[Reminder] Please Vote, and Help the Mods!

anrchy
#9 Posted : 8/3/2013 6:57:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to be promoted we have to get to know you. Cut clear and dry, post. If you don't post why should you be given full access? We are a community, and communities thrive when members are "a part of it".
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]