We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Less stimulanting MAOI alternative Options

shanedudddy2
#1 Posted : 7/30/2013 11:57:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,
As much as I love pharmahausca, I often find the MAOI component of Rue to be too stimulating. Are there any good alternatives to harmaline alkaloids that act as a MAOI to orally activate DMT? Something that has no psychedelic properties of its own, or at least has lesser stimulant effects.
Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SpaceSeek
#2 Posted : 7/31/2013 4:58:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never tried Rue, but I have tried Caapi. Caapi was calm and soothing. Very pleasant.

That or Moclobemide.

SpaceSeek is a fictional character. Everything posted on this account is for educational and entertainment purposes only. SpaceSeek does not condone the use of any illegal substance. Use of post content from this account without authors said permission is prohibited.

Love,
SpaceSeek

SHroomtroll
#3 Posted : 7/31/2013 10:21:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean by stimulating?

Does it make you feel cracked out?

Or is it hard to sleep after?

I know that harmine is in general more stimulating than harmaline, try manske for seperating the two and see if you can find a better ratio or try pure harmaline.

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 7/31/2013 11:19:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find caapi less stimulating than rue for sure. If I take too much harmalas extracted from rue I am up for hours and hours. Caapi sometimes is the opposite, I even get a little dreamy and lethargic.

Global
#5 Posted : 7/31/2013 11:52:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Dioxippus wrote:
I find caapi less stimulating than rue for sure. If I take too much harmalas extracted from rue I am up for hours and hours. Caapi sometimes is the opposite, I even get a little dreamy and lethargic.

If you're taking the extracted harmalas, that's one thing, but if you're taking the full rue, it's about one of the sleepiest things I ever take.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Shenzi
#6 Posted : 7/31/2013 12:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In terms of harmala alkaloids, pure harmine might be your best bet. It's less stimulating physically, according to anecdotal reports. Syrian rue is predominantly harmaline, whereas B. caapi is more harmine and THH. THH, or tetrahydroharmine is thought to have little MAOI properties itself, but instead behaves as both a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and releaser, IIRC. I imagine it would be difficult or even impossible to find an MAOI alternative that has no stimulating properties, because inhibition of those enzymes inevitably means there are going to be more monoamines (ie, serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine) in the system than usual.

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 7/31/2013 12:10:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Dioxippus wrote:

If you're taking the extracted harmalas, that's one thing, but if you're taking the full rue, it's about one of the sleepiest things I ever take.

I've taken caapi brews, in ayahuasca form and just caapi only brews, but I've never drank a rue tea. Just the thought makes me cringe. Even just capping some ground up seed... Sick

shanedudddy2
#8 Posted : 8/1/2013 3:23:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses. I am not eager in ordering Caapi that isn`t live plants.
I may get some Caapi to grow (that's considered legal, whereas the roots would be likely considered illegal).
Anyone know if they would grow in South Australia?
In the meantime, will try a selective extraction of the raw harmala alkaloids from rue, and separate them based on PH.
Thanks for the help.