We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help Options

Elpo
#1 Posted : 7/6/2013 8:15:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for some advice concerning the use of Iboga for heroin addiction treatment. Someone in my gf's family has been addicted to heroin for many years. Now this person has come to the realisation that it is time to do something about it.

At this moment he has been recovered into a mental hospital which actually isn't really the place for someone with his problem (sadly that's how the system here works). His family are trying to find other solutions, but as for now it looks grim.

I have heard of Iboga as a potential way to treat this horrible addiction, but since I have no experience whatsoever on the subject I would like to ask for some help:

1. Any good sources about what it does. (I have been looking up the net for it but you come across these Iboga "resorts" which I have noticed in other threads as risky and filled with people who abuse the patients...)
2. Where this can be done, what is the right setting?
3. Experiences with this anyone?
4. Which risks need to be taken into consideration? I have found this link where I read that people have died from trying it even if a minority. Is this realistic or not?

Thanks so much for the help.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 7/6/2013 4:04:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Hi Elpo,

this is the best resource I can think of:

ICEERS

I think it might be exactly what you need for a good start.

Elpo
#3 Posted : 7/7/2013 9:07:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot, it looks like the perfect place to start indeed.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Philosopher
#4 Posted : 7/7/2013 10:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iboga is very physically taxing, but the outcome may be very much worth it. Iboga is well known for addiction treatment, but I've had huge successes using mushrooms. Most of the psychedelics will facilitate this sort of positive life change, especially if one realizes it is necessary. The reason psychedelics help to end addiction, to me at least, is because of the perspective change. It may be a tough trip as one realizes all of those who you've caused pain. But you must make sure this does not turn your experience into pure sullen guilt, because that is not a positive change. If you become stuck thinking of all the pain then the trip can be very emotionally troubling. You must accept the realization, but then move forward and take charge. The feeling is just amazing. You feel liberated from your habit, like the world is yours for the taking.

I wish the suffering addict the best of luck. My realization was that my problem wasn't drugs, it was me. A subconscious delusion had been sitting in my psyche and gaining momentum for years. Don't attempt to transform your relationship to drugs, but examine your cognitive patterns. One more hit is never enough.
We are surprisingly similar.

Elpo
#5 Posted : 7/8/2013 11:36:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds like a very logic explanation and having had experience with mushrooms I can completely agree with it. I myself have never had an addiction problem with other drugs since I just don't use them, but I know that mushrooms do tend to get you to see yourself and to put things into another perspective as you say.

Thanks a lot.

Nathanial.Dread
#6 Posted : 8/1/2013 12:45:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ibogaine is different from other psychedelics because it has addiction interruption potential.

LSD and magic mushrooms can help people end addiction by changing their outlooks and some of the revelations can be powerful enough that they can motivate the patient to push through withdrawl where they might otherwise be unable to.

Ibogaine, however, will actually diminish withdrawal symptoms, so that even after the drug begins to leave the body, powerful withdrawal symptoms don't manifest. This is what makes it so great: it's easier for a recovering addict to reorganize their life and get opioids out of their life without going through the taxing process of physical withdrawal.
It also acts on the serotonin system so it also comes with those deep, personal revelations for a 1-2 addiction defeating punch.

No one is exactly why it affects the body's dependence to substances, but it probably has to do with the fact that it is a k opioid receptor agonist, in addition to being a 5-HT2A agonist.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

hug46
#7 Posted : 8/1/2013 1:24:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If i wanted to get into the ins and outs of Iboga i"d definitely give this place the once over......

http://eboka.info/index....1d0392693b069b0c6cf&