We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Contemplative Practice Options

strauss
#1 Posted : 7/30/2013 12:13:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Greetings!

I was interested in responding to a post here re kundalini, but see that I will need to wait a bit and talk a little about my self, background, and current intentions in joining this community. I am a musician/composer, and at age 25 I had a spontaneous kundalini awakening. With no prior 'spiritual' practice (although I would say that I was inclined towards it from my artistic practice, which IMO could be seen as a kind of contemplative practice), nor having ever used a 'medicine' of any kind what so ever, this just happened one day. A classical kundalini awakening - from the root chakra, like water very slowly coursing through a hose, rising up the back and to the top of the head, then down through the arms and legs, all of the musicales releasing and letting go in the process - upon opening my eyes, I was, without knowing it at the time, most likely in 4th Jhana (from a Buddhist perspective); I saw like I had never seen before, I heard unlike I have ever heard, when I played mozart on the piano, I became mozart, I felt as though I understood the mind of God, and, well, this lasted for about two months, with pretty far out dreams every night. I saw into people, I felt love for all things, most everything appeared beautiful (cliches I know, but that's what it felt like at the time!)

After that, I found descriptions on the net about this kind of experience, I learned to meditate, and in the last few years have meditated daily 1-2 hours on average. I can now enter 2nd Jhana with ease - where the mind stream stops, more or less - and I frequently experience 3rd Jhana.

So, all these years I have never used a psychedelic of any kind, but last year did try taking about 20 grams Cubes, fresh, and found that the 'tingling' sensation that I get in my hands and feet, and then body, before entering 2nd Jhana, was the same. The experience became quite intense, but was not pleasant at all.

I am interested in experimenting with DMT and Mushrooms a little more to see how they compare with my own experiences to date. And so I am looking here for a support group/community that might assist in that effort, and to which I may in turn also contribute in what ever way possible.

Strauss

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 7/30/2013 12:48:15 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello Strauss,

Welcome to the Nexus. Thanks so much for taking the time to write up a very good Introduction Essay. I enjoyed reading that very much.

Regarding replying to a post on the general forum when you are a New Member - Just start a new thread in the Open Discussion area but title it re: Kundalini post (or whatever), then in the first paragraph of your post including a direct link to the original post you are responding to. I think you will find this garners lots of discussion and replies.

You sound like you will make a fine addition to our ever growing community/family.

There is a strong ethos here around growing and extracting one's own ethneogens. The wiki has a lot of extraction teks to help you get started there. There's also a seed exchange sub-forum and one for suppliers of seeds and small plant starts of ethneogenic plants.

This is a huge site with something for everyone. Please do take some time to take a good look around - I think you will like what you see.

Again, welcome to the Nexus.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

strauss
#3 Posted : 7/31/2013 12:18:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Pandora for that warm welcome!