We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Nexus MAPS Presentation [Video] Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 7/28/2013 5:09:47 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

In Search of Entheogenic Molecules: Phytochemical Analysis from the DMT-Nexus

The DMT-Nexus conducts research to identify the relative abundance of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and β-carboline alkaloids in plant material from around the world. Despite numerous published scientific papers and anecdotal reports indicating the presence of DMT in a wide variety of plants, there is much ambiguity, contradiction, and speculation regarding the actual chemical composition of many of these plants. Discussions of indigenous preparations, which include DMT-containing plants, often treat the phytochemistry of the β-carboline-containing plants as fairly uniform. However, new examinations of these plants, utilizing modern analytical techniques, have shown them to contain a variety of compounds in differing ratios.

The DMT-Nexus conducts research to identify the relative abundance of dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and β-carboline alkaloids in plant material from around the world. Despite numerous published scientific papers and anecdotal reports indicating the presence of DMT in a wide variety of plants, there is much ambiguity, contradiction, and speculation regarding the actual chemical composition of many of these plants.

The DMT-Nexus has carried out unique chromatography and mass spectrometry analyses of specimens reported to contain DMT and β-carbolines, from both novel and previously examined species complexes. This research has elucidated questions and hypotheses regarding indigenous botanical preparations, the identities of plants found in the global market of entheogenic vendors, and the phytochemistry of plants that ethnobotanical researchers encounter in their own geographic regions. The significance of this research is that it presents the merging of traditional ethnobotanical knowledge into contemporary scientific contexts, while expanding our phytochemical knowledgebase.

Video at MAPS site

More conference videos
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Cosmic Spore
#2 Posted : 7/28/2013 6:13:56 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

I really like this video and the references made to the Nexus.

well organized, well delivered, and made excellent Nexus references Thumbs up

I also liked the part at the end about "the war on some people who use certain drugs"

Glad to see a link to it. Thumbs up times two

a1pha
#3 Posted : 7/28/2013 6:15:51 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

SnozzleBerry, our psychedelic rockstar!

Fantastic presentation.

Love
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/28/2013 6:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perfect!

Very professional, you got the points across wonderfully !

Thanks Snozz Smile

cyb
#5 Posted : 7/28/2013 6:35:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Thumbs up Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 7/28/2013 7:03:24 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Yay! They finally posted it Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Ufostrahlen
#7 Posted : 7/28/2013 7:16:41 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Solid research. Keep it up!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

jamie
#8 Posted : 7/28/2013 7:33:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

good work brother Smile
That was one of the more interesting MAPS talks I have seen also.
Long live the unwoke.

Parshvik Chintan
#9 Posted : 7/28/2013 9:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

was that dennis mckenna asking about desmanthus illinoensis?

that is just too cool...
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

anrchy
#10 Posted : 7/28/2013 10:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been waiting to see this!! Unfortunately I have to wait till I get off work. Awesome Snozzleberry!
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

3rdI
#11 Posted : 7/28/2013 11:14:52 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Good beardThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Global
#12 Posted : 7/29/2013 3:05:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

That's so cool you got a question from Dennis there at the end. Very happy

Fantastic presentation. I learned myself a thing or two Thumbs up
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

corpus callosum
#13 Posted : 7/29/2013 3:52:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Excellent stuff, snozz; you are a credit to the Nexus and I thank you. Thumbs up
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

#14 Posted : 7/29/2013 9:43:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Good work Snozz. Puttin us on the map! Smile

Much love,
tat

ganjaman
#15 Posted : 7/29/2013 11:13:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a great presentation. Very well done.
Oh and i also like your beard Smile
Looks almost like mineLaughing

nen888
#16 Posted : 7/29/2013 12:30:04 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..yes, very good talk..you're doing the nexus proudThumbs up thank you

Felnik
#17 Posted : 7/29/2013 1:56:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent work , great presentation
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

SnozzleBerry
#18 Posted : 7/31/2013 12:01:28 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Thank you all for the kind words Smile

I can't even begin to articulate how amazing it was to be able to represent this community in "the real world." I hope that we, as a community, will continue to pop up in new and exciting places as we grow in our efforts and membership.

<3
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Orion
#19 Posted : 8/24/2013 5:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoa I stumbled across this independently, thanks for the spot of publicity at 1:30 man, that's really awesome of you, and I'm really enjoying the vid so far Thumbs up
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

SnozzleBerry
#20 Posted : 9/19/2013 5:45:41 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Thanks Orion, I just stumbled upon your comment and it made my day Smile

You know I've been thrilled to make use of your art in the various projects that have come out of the Nexus. You just can't beat the aesthetic sensation of people who have really been there, imo.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

12NEXT