We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Seeking San Pedro tea dosage advice Options

Funky Monkey
#1 Posted : 7/16/2013 6:43:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody,

Last weekend I decided to make a tea from one of my San Pedro cacti. I had never tried cactus before. The cactus is approximately 3 years old and was kept dormant during the winter. I brought it out of hibernation and it has been growing for three months before I harvested it. I regularly fed it special cactus fertiliser (N-P-K-Mg of 7-17-35-3) and it has been getting about 5 hours of direct sunlight per day.

The fresh weight of the cactus was 1.085kg. I sliced and quartered it and blended it with some water, including the spines and core. I then boiled it for 2 hours with lemon juice, strained, and repeated 3 times. The last time I boiled it for 4 hours. Everything was strained and the pulp was squeezed in a cheese cloth. The remaining juice was boiled down to approximately 600ml and put in the fridge.

I tried a very small amount of the tea, approximately 70ml (with some remaining sediment) and got some nice effects. I drank the tea at 13:00 and ate two slices of bread with it (my breakfast). Within approximately 30 minutes I felt a warm physical sensation (similar to mushrooms) and had the urge to be outside. At T+01:30 I started to have some mild hallucinations. I can best describe is as light/shadow areas shifting around a bit, and colours were more intense. I went for a walk with my kids and sat in a park for a while, watching them play around. It was warm and sunny and there were a lot of children in the playground. I got a really good vibe from them because everybody was happy Smile

When we got home at 17:00 (T+04:00) I had to clean my son's diaper. He had some red spots on his bottom that, when I wanted to put some ointment on them, kept moving around Very happy This was new and quite funny. After this I noticed the grains of our wooden floor moving, almost pulsating, with my breathing. This went on for a bit but because I had to cook dinner I couldn't pay much attention to it. By 20:00 (T+07:00) all that remained was a nice afterglow. I smoked part of a joint so see if I could boost any effects. However, this made me feel very uneasy and twitchy, as I haven't smoked weed/hash in more than a year. I regret smoking the joint, as I felt really good before it.

The million dollar question is how much of the tea to drink next time? The 70ml of the tea I drank is equivalent to approximately 125 grams of fresh cactus (1085g/600ml x 70ml). I think that my cactus is a San Pedro, but it was sold to me by Azarius as a Peruvian Torch. Do I have a very strong cactus, or does my experience seem about right for 125 grams of fresh San Pedro?

I have included some pictures of the cactus and bottle of San Pedro tea. The bottle was filled up to the corner of the label approximately 1cm above to current level. The sediment was mixed up before pouring the dose.
Funky Monkey attached the following image(s):
San Pedro pre-cutting.jpg (146kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
San Pedro after cutting.jpg (200kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
1.085 kg san pedro.jpg (191kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
San Pedro tea (ca. 530ml left).jpg (196kb) downloaded 156 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Funky Monkey
#2 Posted : 7/18/2013 10:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking about taking 210ml so that I have 280ml left as another dose.

Does anyone recommended taking more? (Note that this will be my first full san pedro experience)

dg
#3 Posted : 7/19/2013 12:43:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

its a safe bet to start small- wait a while and drink more if you are feeling fine
no need to lock your self into or measure out a dosage

pretty looking cactus

Funky Monkey
#4 Posted : 7/20/2013 12:32:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tip dg.

Im a bit hesitant on redosing with the cactus tea due to the long onset, but I think it will probably be best.

I found it quite difficult to cut the cactus because I thought it looked pretty cool too Smile

dg
#5 Posted : 7/20/2013 2:26:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

and you left more than enough stump to re-grow a lot of mass quickly. thats cool
any idea of the cacti's origin?

if you dont want to re-dose then just drink more to start. i tend to purge if i drink too much anyways which sorta keeps me from blowing my mind too much Smile
i probably would double my previous dose to start

Funky Monkey
#6 Posted : 7/20/2013 11:52:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought the cactus as a 10cm long cutting from Azarius.nl
It was sold as a Peruvian Torch but I believe it's a San Pedro.
Unfortunately I have no idea where it originates from Sad

I think that doubling my dose might be a good start, so I can compare that to the previous dose to determine whether I can handle the remaining tea as one large dose.

Should I drink the sediment in the bottle as well, or filter it out to reduce possible nausea?

dg
#7 Posted : 7/21/2013 1:14:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

filter if you can
allowing to settle in the fridge then decanting can work well
tea spoils quickly

i'd say you have a nice pachanoi- which can be stronger than "torch" anyways
and they have smaller/easier to handle spines
Smile

Funky Monkey
#8 Posted : 7/30/2013 10:37:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@dg: thanks for the tips.

I have decanted the cactus juice and filled a plastic ice cube bag with it.
I now have 28 cactus ice cubes sitting in my fridge Very happy until a good opportunity arises.

I have decided to split the remaining juice with a friend.
I'll post a report once we've consumed the juice.

ipumaestro
#9 Posted : 7/30/2013 3:30:51 PM

catdestined

find yourself a nice 36 hours of obligation free time and consume all of it after fasting for 12 hours

it wont kill ya, going heavy with cactus is great.
i like how you can feel "layers" of depth envelope you during the come up

achuma puma

Funky Monkey
#10 Posted : 8/3/2013 12:55:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ipumaestro wrote:
find yourself a nice 36 hours of obligation free time and consume all of it after fasting for 12 hours

it wont kill ya, going heavy with cactus is great.
i like how you can feel "layers" of depth envelope you during the come up

That sounds very intriguing but with two young children running around the house 36 hours are not easily cleared with my wife Very happy