We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
why should weed be illegal ? Options

ammmazon
#1 Posted : 7/19/2013 5:02:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok so im new to this so how do i start a topic like this without being killed by a mob of potheads ?

weed , marijuana , cannabis , THC , kush , green ... what ever you want to call it im sure
that you are all familiar with it , though this is a dmt forum and this might not be on topic
but id thought why not share my thoughts and see your thoughts on the topic too .basically all of you know what it is , and what it does , how it does it and why you like it so much , so im gonna go straight to the main question " SHOULD IT BE LEGAL " most of you might not agree , and i accept that , but do reply and try to convince me otherwise .

im gonna begin by stating my thoughts on the subject by answering questions and if u disagree post back with ur answer to the question

1. why is it illegal in the fist place ?

everyone says its because of the tobacco , medical and alcohol companies and how they will loose a huge part of the market sales and how it could effect the economy , but even if it effected the economy wouldnt it be in a positive way , since this is a natural resource

2. is marijuana a gateway drug ?

well i think it is because i see it as the first step in the ladder of the mind altering world which leads to psychedelics

3. why should it be illegal ?

i think it should stay the way it is , illegal in most parts of the world , and legal in certain places , first if it became legal i think with time companies will start to sell it in markets as a product and because its a product maybe the companies will start to look more at revenue and quantity and less at the quality , plus i dont think everyone deserves to smoke , yes its calming and relaxing and couldnt do any harm but i know alot of people who smoke that dont appreciate it , but what i hate most is people that dont know alot about what they are taking , please reed a book do some research on what ur smoking , so if u dont know how to roll it , dont smoke it

please feel free to reply to anything i have said weather its positive or negative
plus is this video accurate ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNLxoEz2tE4

thank you for reading terrible post , new to this , need practice

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Billy Liar
#2 Posted : 7/19/2013 6:25:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1. The answers are well documented on the how's and why prohibition was introduced.. I don't agree but.. That's just me..

2. IMO the place you get your drugs is more of a gateway than the drug its self.. Eg. If I buy aspirin from a drug dealer he may have cocaien for sale too.. If I get my mj from a pharmacist then he won't really be able to sell me cocaine as its toxic and proven to be bad for the Human body..

3. Some people who profit from mj would prefer it to be illegal such as growers and dealers. Users on the other hand would prefer it to be legal.. Personally I'm a lover of the plant. And see its medical benefits as a valuable asset to the world. Science has witnessed many cases of cancer cell death, as well as stopping the spread of cancer between organs, and shrinkage of tumours. This is invaluable science indeed. Many attempts have been made at isolating compounds and forming patents on these yet a whole plant extract seems to be superior in this field. Making the plant more and more beneficial in its whole. For me legal should be the way... Prohibition has caused more loss of life than the plant itself, which has no recorded deaths caused by it.

My friend has just been busted for growing medical mj. His free extract was recently given to a lady with cancer, she is now completely in remission whilst he sits in a prison cell.. Crazy justice!

Peace and love
BL

Tmcgee
#3 Posted : 7/19/2013 6:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The original reason it was made illegal was because hemp threatened the timber industry as a paper replacement, so the lobbyists put pressure on the government and they also started a propaganda campaign blaming weed for everything.
The only reason I think it should be legalized is because alcohol and other drugs are. If a person can get alcohol from the store, painkillers from their doctor, Adderall and Xanax from their psychiatrist, and dxm from the pharmacy, why can't you get weed which is a much safer, healthier alternative.
In Amsterdam they have discovered that by allowing cafes to sell weed they have actually lowered the numbers of underage abusers and have lowered the numbers of hard drug users. If you get your weed at the store they won't try to sell you crack or meth, and you will have to be of age.
Furthermore, on the medicinal side weed is safer for pain management, nausea control, sleep aid, and in my opinion depression control.
The only real reason weed is illegal is because it would make a lot of rich people lose money. You can't copyright a plant as a medicine.

anrchy
#4 Posted : 7/19/2013 7:29:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Victimless crimes should not be law. No one should be able to tell me what I can or can't put in my body. I rarely smoke anymore. Making it legal isn't necessarily going to make it more available. It's pretty easy to get as it is. And even if companies start producing it for profit rather than creating quality, that will just push more people to grow there own. I think it would create a fairly competitive market bringing prices waaaay down.

Marijuana the gateway drug? I drank alcohol before I ever did anything else. I believe that's more common than most people think.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 7/19/2013 10:06:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
1. why is it illegal in the fist place ?

i am fairly sure the propaganda stemmed from a competitive paper (tree, not hemp) company. at least that is what i have been told.
Quote:
2. is marijuana a gateway drug?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga...y_drug_theory#Criticisms
Quote:
3. why should it be illegal ?

it shouldn't
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Tmcgee
#6 Posted : 7/19/2013 10:21:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah the hemp is what threatened the timber companies because it could replace their paper (the people starting the propaganda), since it is cheaper.