We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Cybs Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek...Designed for newbies. Options

cyb
#81 Posted : 6/10/2013 7:08:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

If you mean an A/B version...then yes...Just acid boil and filter a few times then reduce the collections and continue as per tek from salting stage.
Smile

Curiouskid wrote:
I was wondering if it was possible to follow this tek but using a tea well reduced instead of a powdered bark?? And would it be the same following or any changes would come into place?

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Curiouskid
#82 Posted : 6/11/2013 2:19:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you cyb, I always tried with a dry teck so I never realised that... will report back!
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

Lysergik
#83 Posted : 6/18/2013 1:35:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a MHRB/NaOH solution sitting in my basement from an STB extraction I made last year. I don't know exactly how much I pulled from this but I remember that there was certainly more to pull.

I think I'll try this nice looking tek to pull what is remaining in this solution. If I understand correctly, I can add the NaCL directly to the MHRB/NaOH solution and do warm naphta pulls, right ?

Thank you Cyb for this tek, looks like I'll be able to pull whatever I left Smile

cyb
#84 Posted : 6/18/2013 1:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Lysergik wrote:
I think I'll try this nice looking tek to pull what is remaining in this solution. If I understand correctly, I can add the NaCL directly to the MHRB/NaOH solution and do warm naphta pulls, right ?

Yup...add salt solution, warm pulls...freeze precip...Voilà
Thumbs up

Lysergik
#85 Posted : 6/24/2013 10:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Got 350mg more eventually Smile

Curiouskid
#86 Posted : 6/27/2013 11:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

about 1gr of a thick and potent goo was extracted from ACRB with this really easy to follow tek!! probably more to pull after 6 pulls...
Thanks again Cyb!!! :-D
None of this is really happening, SWIM's mind is so sick and bored than it has to invent all sorts of "abracadabrantesques" stories...

Hupecat
#87 Posted : 6/28/2013 10:51:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried the new MAX ION TEK on ACRB with very diappointing success.. low yield and kind of acetate outcome..
then remembered the old way of Cybs Tek and gave it another try again…

tried several ones before, ended up wit q21q21q21 tek, as it had the cleanest outcome for me with pretty good yieldings..
but as i also wanted go for some jungle fumarate when all pulls with naphtha done switching to d-limone, he decided to give this a try again…all he can say is Cyb you are a genious..
made a 150 gr on MHRB and SWIM yielded over 2% from 7 small pulls 3,011gr of light-yellow to orange-like freebase, more orange with every pull, maybe first 2 pulls were too small, with 60-70 ml on 3 liter of water, but then used a little more naphtha (ca. 110 ml) in 3rd pull, and yielded 987mg in 3rd pull of light yellow nice big chrystals altough freeze pecipped(ok, had it an hour long in fridge) and the freezer so he kept on pulling with around 90 ml for further pulls…. 8th pull now still has some good amount of yellow spice in it, but SWIM decided to let the last pull now evap, as tere were too many floaters in it.. not yet sure what it'll end in… now hes about a d#limone pull for a FASI for the jungle…
so 150 gr MHRB;
1+2 Pull: 693mg

3. Pull: 987 mg
4. Pull 497 mg
5. Pull 356mg
6- Pull 244mg
7t. Pull 234mg
8. pul just evapping.. so pull 1 to seven already 3.011 gr nice chrystals but more and more orange..
will let you know exact amount after re-xed.. will also go for the fumarate, but actually got stock, as he wants to clean the Fumarate: Paste-Sodium Carbonate mix first pull settled easy.. 2nd pull no seperation after even 12 hours…:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=466267#post466267
Hupecat attached the following image(s):
pull1+2.jpg (252kb) downloaded 1,178 time(s).
pull3.jpg (206kb) downloaded 1,178 time(s).
Pull4.JPG (196kb) downloaded 1,179 time(s).
pull5.jpg (170kb) downloaded 1,172 time(s).

cyb
#88 Posted : 6/28/2013 10:59:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

Hupecat
#89 Posted : 6/28/2013 11:10:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM stopped doing photos at Pull 5, as he spread part of it on his shoes, by mistake.. so thought hed better leave it for now…

but Cyb.. : do you maybe have an idea about the Fumarate Cleanup SWIM is referring to.. ???

cyb
#90 Posted : 6/28/2013 11:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hupecat wrote:
do you maybe have an idea about the Fumarate Cleanup SWIM is referring to.. ???

Sorry Hupecat..I don't convert to fumerates so I can't help...
but wait a short time and someone will. Wink

Hupecat
#91 Posted : 6/30/2013 10:00:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
Hupecat wrote:
do you maybe have an idea about the Fumarate Cleanup SWIM is referring to.. ???

Sorry Hupecat..I don't convert to fumerates so I can't help...
but wait a short time and someone will. Wink

i usually do either..

but the pulls with xylene or d-limone are FASAd or FASId, so come out as Fumarate..
swim also wants the freebase form, but on way of cleaning the dirty fumarate he went Endlessness way with the Paste and reFASA for cleaner fumarate to convert to freebase later….
or how do you convert your fumarate to nice clear freebase spice?? swim dissolves fumarate in water and then makes a glass of water with a lot of lye in it… then dropping as long as no clouding appers anymore… then 3 small pulls with warm Heptane, which incl. a small rexchrystallization already then, and fridge freeze combination… 24 h later the converted Fumarate look like tiny clear see through Meth-Shards.. like glass… works like a charme, but you shoul try to get your fumaretes clean as possible….

DieM
#92 Posted : 7/1/2013 1:32:40 AM

You don't love fish. If you loved the fish, you would not have killed it and cooked it on a fire

Just a quickie, sorry if it's already been asked/answered:-

Should I filter the Acidified MHRB solution? Or leave the plant material in there? I'm using 750ml bottles per 50g extractions and find that the solution becomes 'slightly' goopy. I'm guessing the goopier it is, the slower the NPS will seperate.. is this worth the trade off in reduced yield? Interested in fellow nexians experience and opinions on this one,

Thanks Thumbs up
Nothing said on behalf of "DieM" is true

cyb
#93 Posted : 7/1/2013 8:28:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DieM
I can already see that you are diverting from this tek and really this is question for another thread.
We can answer questions on the tek 'only' if you are actually following the tek fully. If you divert...you are doing some other version and this thread is not the place for those questions.

However, if you filter the material you will be doing an A/B tek and that is fine to do...just add salt and carry on.
If you are getting gloopey @ 50g/750ml...the only remedy is to add more water...so this means you really need a litre sized vessel.
You can still carry on of course as you are but, as you say, the separation may take longer.

DieM
#94 Posted : 7/1/2013 9:41:19 PM

You don't love fish. If you loved the fish, you would not have killed it and cooked it on a fire

This IS an A/B tek though, this is the tek I've been following to a tee, the only deviation I queried here was a step that appears in most teks as an option, whether the plant material is strained and separated from the solution and discarded or not, and if it really makes any kind of difference to this tek.

This seemed like the right place to ask as the question does pertain to this, and almost all teks. Aren't questions mainly a form of a possible varying factors? It's sometimes hard to filter through thousands of threads to find the 'perfect' place. Most of the time the search results are be obscure to be helpful anyways.

I'll hold off in future and spend three weeks trying to find a needle in a haystack.. before so readily asking.

Cheers anywho Shocked

DieM
#95 Posted : 7/1/2013 10:08:34 PM

Sorry if that sounded rather disgruntled/defensive.. Cheers for the info provided Thumbs up

cyb
#96 Posted : 7/1/2013 10:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
This IS an A/B tek

Well no it isn't...I dubbed this tek an ATB (acid to base) as it is a hybrid of an A/B (acid then base) and an STB (straight to base).
Basically it's an STB with an acid soak to kick it off.

If you filter the plant material off and discard the bark...you can continue on with the 'tea' and some people find this way 'cleaner' and is more suited to using a separation funnel.

I prefer to keep the bark in the mix for a second round of lysing with the addition of the alkaline base.

With the saline onboard you give the bark the best chance to give up ALL the goodies. Also is saves all those time consuming acid boils and filtering of the A/B method.

Having said that, if you are using ACRB...the A/B method seems to produce Xtals rather than Goo...personal preference as too whichever you prefer.

Hope that helps. Thumbs up

DieM
#97 Posted : 7/1/2013 10:34:28 PM

I really am going on a tangent here and I fully apologize, but- There's a difference between ATB and A/B? I didn't realize, I'm still wet behind the ears here so I'm fumbling around here still with a lot of research ahead of me. I'll remove unrelated posts so not to clog up this thread. If there is a difference, I do indeed need to focus my attention more on this specific.

I tend to agree with not filtering.. logically, the trade off either way is in equilibrium, as filtering the bark out may lose some spice, but then so will the slightly goopier solution if left in, unless given more time to separate (like days).
Good shout- getting a larger vessel. I'll continue to keep my eyes out for anything available.

One note I'd like to add to the relevant place, regarding ALL extraction teks I've tested:-

I find this EXTREMELY efficient and it eliminates the need to Re-X, as soon as I make the NPS pull from the solution, I put the NPS in a separatory vessel for one or two Sodium Carbonate ph11 /water washes. THEN transfer to precip vessel. I find doing the wash before precipitating, removes almost ALL contaminants and I get perfect spice after the freeze/dry every time. -Previously I have had trouble breaking through, as the smoke was too harsh to be able to take enough in to break through. I broke my GVP trying to wash out the burnt fats/lye and the water bong still burnt my throat/lips/mouth. I put some of this new cleaner spice into a rolled cigarette with some caapi and ground rue.. and before I even finished the smoke -POW I morphed into an alien god! Completely mind blown! -So much so, I haven't gone back to it yet.

Ok, so my main query while completely off topic:-
There's a difference between Acid TO Base and Acid THEN Base?

Cheers Cyb, legend that you are Thumbs up

cyb
#98 Posted : 7/1/2013 10:50:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
There's a difference between Acid TO Base and Acid THEN Base?

Yeah...the difference is outlined above.

With an A/B...you dissolve out the spice into the acid solution where it resides in 'salt' form...you then discard the 'spent' material and continue on to add base (lye) to the now translucent spice laden acidic solution to make it Alkaline and convert the salt to freebase. Freebase doesn't like sitting in this solution and much prefers to reside in Non Polar Solvent...so it is rapidly transferred...hence 'pulled' out of the basic mix.

ATB is a term I used to describe the hybrid of the STB and A/B method...a fusion of the two.

You're dead right about the carb wash...it will clean out the yellowing and produce clean Xtals.
Some prefer the yellow spice as it lends a different 'quality' to the experience. Probably due to the additional alks/etc. that are mixed in.

A carb wash and Re-X will clean it if you prefer the clear/white product.

You're doing fine DieM..learning more than you know...Thumbs up

causmic
#99 Posted : 7/12/2013 1:51:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1.2g of spicey material from 50g MHRB. Re-X in progress... Thumbs up

cyb, I was just wondering, why plastic wrap to cover the initial pulls vs. tin foil for the Re-X? It's what I've been doing, but what's the significance?

EDIT: While I'm here I might as well ask the other question that's been nagging me;
Why the fridge for an hour first for Re-X, and not just straight into the freezer?

Just trying to understand Wut?
*** causmic is a figment of your imagination. A manifestation of your own consciousness and a projection of mine. causmic is a fictitious and wholly imagined character, and through his/her/their imagined life I share metaphoric, poetic, and abstract streams of consciousness, and although may provide statistical or scientific fact, any and all information posted by causmic is in the form of an imagined and entirely theatrical persona, tall tale, or cleverly faked photograph(s). Nothing I/we say has any basis in reality. All descriptions of events are fictitious, for entertainment and educational purposes only, and any similarities to real persons or situations existing on planet earth are entirely unintentional and coincidental. Nothing posted is to be taken "as fact". The information provided by "causmic" is assimilated at your own risk. By reading the posts made by "causmic" at "dmt-nexus" you have agreed to these terms and waived the account holder(s) (causmic) from any and all liabilities and/or consequences relating to and/or stemming from the (fictitious) information contained therein. ***

Hupecat
#100 Posted : 7/12/2013 7:59:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:

Thumbs up

hey.. the main thing i wonder about is the dark yellow chrystal color after eachpull becoming more and more yellow…
in other STB i always had pulled fairrly clear at the first pulls…nearly not a single white chrystal with it… all yellow to dark yellow-orange..????

«PREV34567NEXT»