We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Green Tea Options

Aegle
#21 Posted : 3/12/2013 8:34:46 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Sayaqua

I am touched that this thread has reminded you to get back into drinking green tea regularly. My mind is extremely clear and I am very high functioning during the day, also my memory is much sharper and the health benefits are amazing.

Oolong is lovely I am very fond of tea and I have always been fascinated by the incredible variety of teas around the world. I also have a keen interest in tea ceremonies as they are so beautiful and intricately orchestrated.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#22 Posted : 3/13/2013 8:06:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Oolong is lovely

Dong Ding or Tung Ting oolong is the best tea i have ever tasted. I'm by no means an expert, my tea experience is minimal, but it impresses me, that even a novice can tell that this is a great tea. Sadly, it's insanely expensive, like 200$/kg ... but then i have no idea what regular tea costs.

Aegle, something you might enjoy: http://www.matrixmasters.net/salon/?p=669

Annie Oak also seems to be a lovely woman...

Aegle
#23 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:26:41 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Universecannon

Green tea is perfect for studying as I have definitely found that it sharpens and greatly enhances my memory capabilities. Your herbal tea mix is very impressive, I just have green tea and a reishi mushroom tincture daily at the moment. I would love to try some chaga as I have heard so many encouraging reports about its positive effects.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Aegle
#24 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:29:20 AM

Cloud Whisperer

NamahsNaicigam

Thank you so much for the fascinating and comprehensive information on Jasmine tea, its greatly appreciated.

Much Peace and Kindness

Aegle
#25 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:38:53 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Dreamer042

I really love that quote... No problem, Indeed it seems to be the magic number of cups to drink. White tea is extremely special and I too have a great fondness for it as you said it so eloquently, if its good enough for the emperors of China its good enough for me. No worries tea is definitely a wonderful precious gift that everyone should incorporate into their lives daily. ♥

Much Peace and Understanding

DeDao
#26 Posted : 3/19/2013 1:41:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How is the interaction between caapi and green tea? I know green tea has low amount of caffeine and caffeine can interact badly with caapi.

What are the guidelines with these two drink interacting?
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

joedirt
#27 Posted : 3/19/2013 1:51:58 PM

Not I

DeDao wrote:
How is the interaction between caapi and green tea? I know green tea has low amount of caffeine and caffeine can interact badly with caapi.

What are the guidelines with these two drink interacting?

I am extremely sensitive to caffeine.
I notice no ill effects when combining caapi leaf with green tea.

in fact I LOVE it. It gives a smooth euphoric lift all day, though I do find it can be quite hard to sleep afterwards.

Now, I wouldn't recommend drinking a full dose of aya and then having tea...that may very well lead to hypertension.

But for most people a single green tea and a few caapi leaves will not be an issue at all....from my experience.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Aegle
#28 Posted : 3/19/2013 8:05:59 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Obliguhl

Indeed I couldn't agree with you more oolong is truly lovely, I love so many teas as its a passion of mine drinking different teas. I find drinking from an ornate tea cup and tea pot really special. I also have a keen fascination with tea ceremonies as they are so intricate and beautiful. Thank you ever so much for the link it made me smile and my day brighter.

Much Peace and Respect

spinCycle
#29 Posted : 6/8/2013 7:09:31 PM

Life is Art is Life

4th day without coffee. I really didn't make a conscious decision to do this, just ran out of coffee and green tea is all I had. Seems to be OK, I haven't had any headaches or other symptoms I'd usually get when stopping coffee.

One question, what is out there in terms of high quality green tea? Are there different flavors and varieties like with black teas? The stuff I have is the in-store house brand cheap stuff, and it either has a somewhat weak taste if I brew it for just a minute (2 bags to a large mug) or gets sort of bitter if I brew it too long.

I am still craving quite a lot of it, as my sleep/work schedules are really messed up these days.

The tea definitely feels less edgy and abrupt than coffee. Smile
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

SpartanII
#30 Posted : 7/2/2013 8:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently, white tea is less processed than green, and has more antioxidants and phytonutrients, especially if you add lemon since it brings down the pH allowing for more nutrients to be released.

http://nutritionfacts.or...ideo/green-tea-vs-white/

Just thought this would be a helpful nugget of info.Smile

No Knowing
#31 Posted : 7/2/2013 6:18:44 PM

fool adept

The "different" factor of green tea's subjective properties over other caffeinated beverages is L-Theanine.

L-Theanine is in green tea but not many other varieties, not sure, maybe in oolong. L-Theanine provides a state of calm while also providing focus.

L-Theanine is found in concentrations of around 25-30mgs in a cup of green tea.

I cannot tolerate caffeine anymore but a few days a week I will take an L-Theanine supplement that contains 200mgs of L-Theanine. This really gives me a mental boost with no stimulation. Just a calm centered contentedness and ability to do all the work I need to do.

If you don't like caffeine everyday, or are trying to cut down, try an L-Theanine supplement they are very inexpensive.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Aegle
#32 Posted : 7/2/2013 7:48:34 PM

Cloud Whisperer

spinCycle

I personally use an organic locally grown green tea which is of a very high quality, I wouldn't suggest drinking green tea that comes from China as it is extremely difficult to guarantee a high quality tea. There have been many reports that the tea which is grown in China has being contaminated with high levels of pesticides like methomyl and endosulfan the latter of which has been banned globally under the Stockholm Convention due to its toxic properties. So please take great care when selecting your green tea, I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you continue to try and drink green tea every day as with the right green tea the mental and physical benefits are incredible.

Much Peace and Understanding

PREV12