We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fanning... Options

sauSage
#1 Posted : 6/24/2013 1:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no, not dakota... Big grin

I'm doing PF Tek - i mist twice a day (morning and night) and fan 3-4 times a day. i'm curious how long most people fan for. I've read anything from 30-45 seconds each time to 3-5 minutes. right now i'm fanning for about 90 seconds each time. but I'm curious what other do and what kind of results they're getting.

TIA

peace

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MagicGing
#2 Posted : 6/24/2013 3:54:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would think enough fanning time to replace the co2 with o2, which wouldnt be 5 mins

Do you know of monotubs?
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

expandaneum
#3 Posted : 6/24/2013 6:22:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have fanned three times a day and no time a day.
The answer to your question depends on your the tub your cakes are in. If you have proper ventilation its not really necessary to fan them that much once a day is fine.
If you have them in a closed aquarium you should fan them more then 3 times.

The time to fan is not really that important just make sure the air from the tub is replaced by fresh air
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

Pup Tentacle
#4 Posted : 6/24/2013 7:18:42 PM

lettuce

Evaporation of water from the substrate is a pinning trigger... if you're not seeing pinning like you feel you should... mist and fan more.

You'll also get a feel for it since it has some to do with environmental conditions etc that are specific to each individual situation.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

sauSage
#5 Posted : 6/25/2013 3:11:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

expandaneum wrote:
I have fanned three times a day and no time a day.
The answer to your question depends on your the tub your cakes are in. If you have proper ventilation its not really necessary to fan them that much once a day is fine.
If you have them in a closed aquarium you should fan them more then 3 times.

I have a properly constructed SGFC that I can comfortably hold 6 cakes in. They're all in the pinning stage and I've already harvested several grams off of them.

My question was more curiosity about what other people do, what their process is.

ps
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

Pup Tentacle
#6 Posted : 6/25/2013 12:43:55 PM

lettuce

paulsage wrote:

My question was more curiosity about what other people do, what their process is.

ps

Ahhh... I mist and fan my SGFC 3-4 times a day. 5-6 if I can. Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

fry
#7 Posted : 6/28/2013 6:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do bulk when I do grow, I mist and fan once a day, but I do not violently fan like a lot of people do, I just try and remove some co2 without dropping the RH too much.

the method I use is extremely easy, dont even need polyfill.

all I do is once its time to introduce to fresh air I fan it out one good time then wipe down the walls with a clean paper towel (evaporation is a major pinning que) then I place the lid on top slightly skewed so theres a half inch gap on opposing corners.

this method allows a cleaner less conspicuous grow chamber with more grow space and its far more efficient than holes and polyfill.