We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marijuana Legalization: 11 States On the Cusp Of Going Green Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 6/26/2013 9:02:53 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
Legislators from 13 states (including Washington and Colorado) and the District of Columbia have pledged their support and co-sponsorship for a House of Representatives bill, the β€œRespect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2013,” which will prohibit the federal government from interfering with a state’s marijuana laws. While this will not legalize marijuana in these states, it will remove the federal barriers to legalization and allow them to freely write their own marijuana laws, from personal decriminalization to (eventually) legalization.

http://www.policymic.com...-the-cusp-of-going-green
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 6/26/2013 12:01:59 PM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Nils
#3 Posted : 6/28/2013 6:46:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like 18 co-sponsors on the bill and more than I expected from states that don't currently have medical marijuana laws on the books. Still, with the House of Reps under Republican control, I'd be astonished if it came up for a vote (only Republican sponsors are from California and Michigan which both passed MM laws). I don't see Boehner bringing it to the floor. I hope I'm wrong.

Still, it's only a matter of time. If not this year, soon.

mad_banshee
#4 Posted : 6/28/2013 8:37:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hooray for the slow but steady progress!!
I listen to the Radical Russ Bellville show very often to keep up with current marijuana legalization stories and efforts. If you haven't heard it, try listening in to it.
The state I live in has decrim and medical now, but the medical is for only REALLY serious issues like cancer.
Hopefully most states will follow Washington and Colorado in full legalization soon.

Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 6/28/2013 11:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mad_banshee wrote:
slow but steady

wins the race Very happy
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ζ¨Ή

Gone-and-Back
#6 Posted : 6/29/2013 12:48:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So much progress has been made already that I dont see why this wouldnt go through. If not this year then soon like everyone else is saying.

I just hope that our govenor will get off his lazy ass soon and legalize the MM bill that he has been given. I could benefit from it greatly.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Jox
#7 Posted : 6/30/2013 7:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In general I think all should be legal.

In particular I don't think legalization of Cannabis will do much good for the legalization of Iboga, DMT, LSD, ect.

Cannabis is still in the category of alcohol, coke, heroin... Pot heads are not the show case of enlightened mind, quite the opposite.

Hyperspace Fool
#8 Posted : 7/1/2013 5:32:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jox wrote:
In general I think all should be legal.

In particular I don't think legalization of Cannabis will do much good for the legalization of Iboga, DMT, LSD, ect.

Cannabis is still in the category of alcohol, coke, heroin... Pot heads are not the show case of enlightened mind, quite the opposite.

Perhaps... but cannabis is still the bellwether for all illegal drugs. Half of all drug arrests are for weed. As goes weed, so goes the drug war.

Slow and steady is right.

I circulated both 215 and CHI in California back in 1995. Neither was said to have a chance, but we snuck in MM, and it not only stuck... it spread. It has taken ages, but it is still growing. Dennis Peron (bless him) was absolutely correct in his take. Jack Herrer was all about full legalization and industrial use (which is still something we should be shooting for as it is more important than smoking)... but Dennis knew that by using the word Medical, we would be planting a meme that couldn't help but spread.

If there are any two things that pull at people's heart strings... it is kids and sick people... and internet cats.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

adam
#9 Posted : 7/2/2013 6:00:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This makes me giddy just thinking of possibilities the future holds!

Returning power to the states on an issue like this is really the step we need to take when it comes to the war on consciousness that is being fought.

I'm confident that if marijuana can get some sort of legal protection at the federal level, we will see our favorite allies get more attention not too long afterwards. We will likely see a rise in psychedelic research as the mainstream rests on a new plateau of acceptability regarding drugs. Slowly the public resistance will shift, as the facts emerge and brainwashing becomes undone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85-V1d0hIPc

This is Joe Rogan experience talk with Graham Hancock who i think is the man, but the beginning of the video is drugs and the war on drugs. Its something everyone here likely already knows, but Graham is very elegant speaker and you may get a kick out of listening to him.

Also thought I'd add my younger brother who is 15 has cerebral palsy and my parents were staunchly against marijuana but I convinced them to get him his card, and now he is much better of with this medicine. People in my community who were against marijuana found out and they seem ok with it, anyways change is possible even in those resistant.