We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASI Precipitate - What Is This? (pic) Options

oldsoul
#1 Posted : 6/24/2013 12:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Everyone,

I am seeking advice on happened with my FASI precip. I see a mix of dark orange and light yellow crystals. The light yellow were stuck further up the jar while the darker ones were stuck at the bottom. It was about 5-10% light yellow with the rest dark orange. From what I saw in "cleaning" sticky I thought it'd be pure light yellow.

I touched the bottom of the jar before gathering the precipitates, and it felt dry, but upon scraping together everything, it became wet/gooey (as in pic) and there was a tiny amount of liquid rolling around the bottom also.

I had 200g acrb and for the extraction tek I used Thick-light A/B but switched to d-limo for the NPS and then followed BLAB. The only devations/problems were the following:

-- A bit of base mix was transferred to the d-limo collection vessel, so I washed the d-limo 3x with water. Possibly some water ended up in the d-limo I precipitated from

-- I definitely added about 10-15mL too much FASI after the d-limo stopped clouding

Also, as to the next steps, I am not sure if I can I just let dry & convert it, or should it be cleaned somehow first?

Thanks!!!!
oldsoul attached the following image(s):
fasi.png (869kb) downloaded 135 time(s).

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/24/2013 1:08:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In short, it's most likely alkaloids and some other plant impurities. I tested this very same thing but with mimosa instead of acacia, and noticed also this different crystalization with different colors sticking to the bottom. I think it's because of small amounts of water in your IPA or similar. Check the mimosa analysis thread in my signature for some more info.

You can probably use that as-is for oral consumption (after washing with clean IPA to remove limonene/fumaric acid excess), or convert it to freebase and also smoke whatever comes out, or you can clean it up further if you'd like. Or even do both, half you clean up, half you try as-is, and let us know how the experience/dosage compares.

Here's a relevant thread too:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=28417

oldsoul
#3 Posted : 6/24/2013 9:43:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you endlessness! Great to hear from you! Very happy I educated myself so far mostly through reading your posts.

Though it is on my list to acquire, at the moment I don't have anything to combine with for oral administration, so I will need to convert.

I attached a new pic after more drying - would this seem pure enough for conversion? I see that the "Type I - slow crystallization" tek mentions that precipitation of freebase may not occur if the fumarates aren't pure enough.

Not sure this indicates anything about purity, but the weight shown in the pic is about 6.5g, which came from 200g acrb.

I am still reading up about cleaning fumarates with IPA, I'll probably have more questions later if that is required, but I want to try to wrap my head around it a bit more first.

Thanks and many blessings!!!!!
oldsoul attached the following image(s):
fuma.png (888kb) downloaded 112 time(s).

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift