We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
[SHARE THE SEEDS] New site to share your entheogenic seeds! Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 6/8/2013 10:26:45 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi all members.

With the demise of the Exotic Earth Exchange forum, the entheogen world lost a precious recourse to exchange entheogenic seeds for many plants all over the world.

Some people took a lot of hard work to create a new and safe forum for the exchange of our precious entheogenic seeds:

Share The Seeds wrote:
In many cultures, across many continents, stories exist of a before-time in which humans lived in harmony with the natural world. There is a common theme in these stories that considers the earth a garden and man's place in the cosmos as the caretaker of this magnificent garden paradise. Mythology aside, it is clear that humankind exists in symbiotic relationship with the plant kingdom and these botanical benefactors have always provided for and sustained us.

In this modern age, the rampant march of progress toward industrialization, at the expense of the natural world that has sustained us from the very beginning, makes remembering our place in this cosmology as caretakers of the garden more important than ever.

Share The Seeds exists as a resource not only to collect, share, and preserve plants and seeds of ethnological significance; but also the wisdom, folklore, customs, and cosmologies associated with these organisms. We seek to further our collective understanding of plants and their role in the human experience, with a special emphasis on sustainable cultivation of species with medicinal properties: healer plants and teacher plants.

Our mission is to propagate in our members a state of being in which we remember our place in the biosphere and fully step into our roles as stewards and caretakers of the garden paradise we reside in.

I would like to remind people that it is VERY important that you do NOT use the same nick as you use on the DMT-Nexus for the ShareTheSeeds site! Make sure you keep your privacy!

I hope that many seeds will find new owners this way and that we can all grow our own sustainable entheogens.

http://www.sharetheseeds.me/

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TOXSIN
#2 Posted : 6/9/2013 12:21:34 AM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

Thanks very much for this, where do we post, like seeds that we have for trade? Which section is appropriate?
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

cyb
#3 Posted : 6/9/2013 12:31:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

TOXSIN wrote:
Thanks very much for this, where do we post, like seeds that we have for trade? Which section is appropriate?

Hey TOXSIN
It's an entirely new site just for this purpose...see the link in Travs post Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

TOXSIN
#4 Posted : 6/9/2013 12:52:20 AM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

LOL cyb I know technically one of the mods linked me to it before final release, but my question is which section on the site do we post what seeds we have or would like?
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Vodsel
#5 Posted : 6/9/2013 12:56:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

TOXSIN wrote:
LOL cyb I know technically one of the mods linked me to it before final release, but my question is which section on the site do we post what seeds we have or would like?

Why not post in the site itself and ask, or better yet, check their FAQ Wink ?

Auxin
#6 Posted : 6/9/2013 1:14:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is this new one to be different from The Botanical Swap Project in any substantial way?

I never heard of Exotic Earth Exchange, why did it die?

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 6/9/2013 1:22:47 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Exotic Earth Exchange was a previous plant/seed exchange site that eventually shut down due to inactivity/lack of interest.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Vodsel
#8 Posted : 6/9/2013 1:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Auxin wrote:
Is this new one to be different from The Botanical Swap Project in any substantial way?

I'd Share The Seeds aims to have more features than the forum you mention. Also, if the type of users in STS is the type of user you find in the Nexus, quality in contents is to be expected...

Nathanial.Dread
#9 Posted : 6/10/2013 6:03:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is exciting!
It's fun to see all the new users pop up, and know that most (all?) of them are Nexians under a different name.

It's like we're all at a masquerade party or something.

Thanks for putting this together, Trav, I'm so happy to see this.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 6/10/2013 10:59:42 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Thanks for putting this together, Trav, I'm so happy to see this.

You should not thank me but the people on the Share The Seeds site. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

MusicTurtle
#11 Posted : 6/11/2013 2:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I noticed that you can put you tradable seeds up on your profile and in the rules it said actual trading is not on site. You can also type in a wish list on your profile.
Good luck and as always Happy Travels
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Vodsel
#12 Posted : 6/11/2013 10:30:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MusicTurtle wrote:
I noticed that you can put you tradable seeds up on your profile and in the rules it said actual trading is not on site. You can also type in a wish list on your profile.

Yes, of course actual trading does not happen in the site. STS provides a way for people to connect if they want to trade seeds, based on the seeds they can share and the ones they want to grow. Contact is meant to be private, the site is unable to monitor any trade arrangements but can give users a space to post their haves and wants - and record trading feedback reported by users.

Macre
#13 Posted : 6/12/2013 7:54:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes, this is good. I must admit I myself neglected the EEE. Luckily someone has created Share The Seeds, so I shall ensure I participate in this new site.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Cosmic Spore
#14 Posted : 6/22/2013 3:53:50 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Nexus members who are also Share The Seeds members:

Please consider putting items on your Growing list, Share list, and Wish list if you have not done so already. I think that is one of the most interesting things on STS, and is one of the primary reasons that I have been visiting STS regularly since learning of it.

I look forward to STS becoming more active, and I hope to have contact with many of you there.

MusicTurtle
#15 Posted : 6/23/2013 9:34:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I would love to see it grow and become more interactinve. It has become part of my regular check list. Some of the time, I am there first, which is odd. Usually I checl here before anything.
Great site all together though. I have good hopes for it.
Good luck and as always Happy Travels
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Cosmic Spore
#16 Posted : 7/11/2013 3:50:33 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

MusicTurtle wrote:
Yes, I would love to see it grow and become more interactive. It has become part of my regular check list.

I feel the same way completely; I check there at least 2 times each day... that's more than I check nexus, but:

The moderators of STS are not yet as active as one would hope, with the exception of changuar.

My Trade Feedback is currently listed as +1, when 2 members have posted +1 for my username; Mandrake is surely busy, and could use the help of the moderators to keep STS running smoothly and actively.

I'm glad to see the new [STS] Plant Gallery though. Cool

Thank you for telling us about http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php

and thanks to all who actively participate in STS. Thumbs up

Praxis.
#17 Posted : 7/11/2013 6:16:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For some reason I haven't been able to connect. Each time I try I get the "server is taking too long to respond" thing. I've never been able to access the CEL site either. Anyone else have this issue or know what might be keeping me from connecting?
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

hostilis
#18 Posted : 7/11/2013 6:36:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I highly recommend using this site. I love it! Jump on the band wagon people!
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Parshvik Chintan
#19 Posted : 7/13/2013 10:27:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hostilis wrote:
Jump on the band wagon people!

DO EET!
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

iracema
#20 Posted : 7/27/2013 12:22:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

means that now I can spread this around the world? Very happy
iracema attached the following image(s):
02082010289.jpg (2,230kb) downloaded 1,795 time(s).

123NEXT»