We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4041424344NEXT»
Art Bin Options

Bill Cipher
#821 Posted : 6/15/2013 2:57:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mr.Peabody
#822 Posted : 6/16/2013 4:46:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Art!

Here's "Dunes"
Mr.Peabody attached the following image(s):
Dunes.jpg (1,067kb) downloaded 278 time(s).
Be an adult only when necessary.

Wax
#823 Posted : 6/16/2013 7:07:40 AM

LUVR

Nice Mr. P! I really dig your style and love how you maintain that signature look yet still create such varied pieces.

Wax attached the following image(s):
Wax_Converge.jpg (3,770kb) downloaded 266 time(s).
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Global
#824 Posted : 6/16/2013 12:01:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Anyone else's hyper castle have a landing pad for when the big ships come in "hot" ?

Global attached the following image(s):
Musical Architecture 1.jpg (845kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

anon_003
#825 Posted : 6/16/2013 4:06:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr. P, I love your style! You have given me a new way to think about ink drawings.

Wax, that last one you posted is freaking incredible. How do you make your pieces?
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

spinCycle
#826 Posted : 6/16/2013 4:54:23 PM

Life is Art is Life

Good stuff!
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

Mr.Peabody
#827 Posted : 6/17/2013 5:53:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the compliments!

Wax, I'm really digging your last couple. Good work!

Global, I think you're on to something with your fusion of music and art. Plus, I think I need to get myself a landing pad, though I don't really know why still....seems like a good idea.

Here's one with a different set of pens that I find more difficult to control.

If anyone has any ideas they would like to share on how I might color these things, change them, or leave them as is, I would much appreciate it!
IMAG0409.jpg (847kb) downloaded 228 time(s).

Orion
#828 Posted : 6/17/2013 2:59:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody, to answer your question, ever tried using and ink you can come back to and bleed out with water? I used to use it all the time for my sketches. A stabilo point 88 pen (real cheap) makes sharp work of it. You can get them in black, grey and colour.

Love those forms by the way Thumbs up
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Global
#829 Posted : 6/17/2013 3:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

On that last one Mr. Peabody, I like the pen, and I like the contrast with the stark white. It stands out so well because a lot of your other drawings tend to have a lot more grayish filler (which is also great Thumbs up )
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Wax
#830 Posted : 6/17/2013 9:04:33 PM

LUVR

Global, is this still the music art fusion project? I am really interested in seeing what you come up with for it, I like what you've done so far, extremely creative.

anon_003, thanks I try to make all my stuff by sort of fractalizing patterns until it gets out of hand and basically collaging images that I've made or found and tweaking them a ton.

I like the dark ink Mr. P, have you ever worked with pastels?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Mr.Peabody
#831 Posted : 6/18/2013 4:43:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the ideas and compliments folks!

Orion, I think I'll have to give that a try. It could really help my gooey stringy textures.

Wax, I have worked with pastels. I have a nice set that I seem to have misplaced. I can't bring myself to buy more when I know I have some! I may have to break down soon, but I'm sure I'll find my old ones shortly after buying some new ones.

Here's another one. I'm getting somewhat near the end of my bank of stored drawings....
Coalescence.jpg (1,197kb) downloaded 365 time(s).

Guyomech
#832 Posted : 6/18/2013 4:48:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

So much cool stuff!

Cyb, your recent mandala series is amazing- they just keep getting crazier.

P, nice to see you loosening up. The ink pen piece is great- the starkness works really well, giving clarity to the line weight, which expresses energy and presence in a way that a shaded drawing can't. Especially like the stretchy cheez stuff on the left. My only advice is to crank out a ton if these. Maybe try a few different sizes. A 5x7" sketchpad can be a lot of fun.

Wax, that's sweet. Bold, bright, high impact and very trippy.

Global- that's one of the most psychedelic things I've ever seen you do. Is that finished? It really has a feeling like a DMT interior. Big and epic, like a cathedral. But with extra dimensions.

Global
#833 Posted : 6/18/2013 6:17:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Guyomech wrote:

Global- that's one of the most psychedelic things I've ever seen you do. Is that finished? It really has a feeling like a DMT interior. Big and epic, like a cathedral. But with extra dimensions.

Yeah. It's pretty much finished. You seem to see what I'm going for. One of the things that I noticed in the cathedral that I go to, is that there can be an interesting balance of the rigidly linear/straight-lined sequential kind of geometries, and then there may be other areas on the borderline of goofy - just completely asymmetrical and silly with seemingly little rhyme or reason - and yet it is in balance with its contrasting counterpart geometries. So I tried to maintain a bit of that aesthetic. The "foundation" of the whole piece off which everything else was "built" is the "3D" DMT prism in the center offset to the left.

spinCycle
#834 Posted : 6/18/2013 6:52:26 AM

Life is Art is Life

This thread made me want to dig out an older piece, from maybe 4 or 5 years ago. One of the first pieces I did on computer that I was really satisfied with.

Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

Global
#835 Posted : 6/18/2013 12:20:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice spincycle. There's definitely something to that celtic art. Something about the organic curvatures and proportions perhaps. The curved interweaving creates very natural sections like those that one might see in a fruit like the chambers of an orange or a tomato or something, and I find these kinds of sections and geometries to be all over hyperspace.

Mr.Peabody
#836 Posted : 6/19/2013 6:04:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I almost didn't post, but I knew there would be someone just sitting there refreshing the page, dying to see another installment of what I have come to call, "Mr. Peabody's Traveling Daily Showcase Art Extravaganza!!" (TM)

If you're hoping for some color, and are getting tired of the black and white bit, stay tuned....
Unburdened.jpg (1,109kb) downloaded 364 time(s).

cyb
#837 Posted : 6/19/2013 7:45:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I think you should start your own gallery thread P...
And definitely call it "Mr. Peabody's Traveling Showcase Art Extravaganza!!" (TM)

Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Orion
#838 Posted : 6/20/2013 2:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And just an update from me if anyone's interested... I'm going back to the absolute basics. I want to review everything from the ground up, there are a lot of holes in my knowledge preventing me from improving. So much I didn't even know I didn't know. When I'm back doing my own thing with new knowledge, you'll see it.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Mr.Peabody
#839 Posted : 6/20/2013 2:47:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm excited to see what you can do after your recrystallization, Orion!

anon_003
#840 Posted : 6/20/2013 5:46:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That last post made me actually LOL.

But seriously Mr. Peabody you should start a new thread and just post all of those black and whites. They are quite gorgeous!
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

«PREV4041424344NEXT»