We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is the Proper FASI:limonene Ratio? Options

oldsoul
#1 Posted : 6/17/2013 6:29:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Everyone, quick question

I have 350ml of spice-saturated d-limo, and I'm using FASI to precipitate spice-fumarate. I can't find anywhere how much FASI should be sufficient for this, all the info I've found simply says to add FASI until the solution doesn't cloud up any further. The problem is, after the first 20ml added the solution is so cloudy I can't tell if new cloudiness is appearing or not when I added the 3rd 10ml.

-- So, does anyone know the proper FASIVery happy-limo ratio? Or how to determine a ballbark estimate based on the amount of bark used (200g acrb in my case)?

Couple other questions while I'm at it:

-- There seems to be less info on FASI than other type of teks, both here and on the web. Is this a recommended method, or has it been superseded? I'm in a state which doesn't allow barely any solvents, so it appeals to me greatly since I can't buy acetone, MEK, naphtha or any of that good stuff over the counter.

-- In my previous extractions with acrb & naphtha, I pulled a caramel goo that was much different than pure spice but more enjoyable also. Will the d-limo pull that same stuff, or will I end up with the purer form of spice I was previously used to?

Thank you so much.

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

darellmatt
#2 Posted : 6/17/2013 11:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just did a d limonene FASI extraction. I agree that after the first 2 additions the solution is too cloudy to tell if you need to add more. But if you just put your project aside for a day the cloudiness will clear enough to do another addition. For my 600 ml of spice saturated limonene I think I added between 70 and 100 ml of FASI. I had excellent yield. I am not sure why this tek is not more popular.

oldsoul
#3 Posted : 6/18/2013 5:56:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your reply! Today it cleared up just like you said. I added another mL and it didn't cloud up any more. So I guess I just have to wait now. It's been a while though and nothing precipitated except an extremely thin layer of orange goo on the bottom.

I'm guessing this sounds like bunk bark? This would match up with the low yields I got from using naphtha with a traditional A/B extracxt. I'm gonna post another thread to see if any one can find something wrong that I've done. This is all very new to me. Shiiiiit.

Many blessings Thumbs up

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift