We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some of the things I have learned this past year.... Options

Ancotar
#1 Posted : 6/15/2013 9:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow Nexians and readers!

I have been toying with the idea for awhile now whether or not it would be a good idea for me to post my experiences I have had in and out of hyperspace, and how it has affected me and my view on reality as it is today.

First, a little bit about myself. It's no secret that I am a semi-chaotic, if not fully chaotic, person. Main cause of this is ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and maybe a touch of OCD tendancies. Basically in laymans terms, I cannot sit still for very long periods of time and have trouble focusing/concentrating on things that require signifigant attention. Also, if certain things are out of order, it bothers me greatly. As one would imagine, this makes "journeying" or "blasting off" very challenging in some aspects. But I managed to overcome these obstacles and now have the freedom to journey whenever I would like to and actually be able to enjoy my experiences! One key facet of this is to do the age-old recommended action..

Just let go.

This simple little philosophy carries so much meaning with it. However, for some, sometimes this can be a bit traumatic, but is hardly harmful. My disclaimer to this though is if one chooses to take a journey next to a cliff or near the water, then there are certainly harmful dangers present. And these dangers are always present, whether journeying or not, so it is important that one chooses a safe location to take these journeys, a place where they will not be interrupted and disturbed by passer-byers or explorers, as that can be very jarring to the experience to be interrupted. Mindset is also key, as it is not recommended to go on a journey when one is in a bad mood or angry, even full of rage. This can lead to some very unpleasant and traumatic experiences. Even going in depressed can sometimes not be recommended, but I have certainly heard of others doing it in this state and they come out just fine, almost rehabilitated in some instances. Myself, I have found that going in with a neutral/positive attitude has great benefits to my experiences. So that right there somewhat covers the "set and setting" topic that is so often described here.

Smoking technique has been hard to master, but I have finally found a solution that works for me very well: Infusion. Infusion is the bees knees, the absolute best way for me to send myself on a journey with very little wasted materials. I used to load abnormal amounts of spice, sometimes in the 0.1g - 0.2g range, of pure freebase DMT and have recently graduated to infusing the freebase into plant material, in my case, elements of peppermint, mullein, pau d'arco, mugwart, and calea zacatechichi at a 1:1 plant matter to freebase ratio. Loading small amounts of this (e.g. 50 - 75mg) into a small bong with a metal screen nestled in the glass bowl of the stem worked wonderfully. By barely "kissing" the material with the flame and letting the embers do the combustion of the material, this resulted in an even burn for me. One of the key points here too is to hold it in for as long as you can, recommended at least 20 seconds if you do not have breathing or lung problems.

On the journeys themselves, it is hard to get used to that feeling of crossing over. There is always that sense of anxiety initially, even after all the meditating and preparing you just did, knowing everything that you just did is leading up to this. Best advice I have on this is to just let it pass and realize there is nothing to be anxious about. Just remember your intent of being there... are you there to learn? Are you there to observe? Are you there to be one with the Universe for a brief period? Keep your intent hard coded into your mind as you travel. You may from time to time come into contact with a dark entity. A lot of us have had this happen and everyone offers their own advice on what works and what does not in reference to making these "evil beings" go away or stay away. Just project out, verbally and mentally, that no negative is allowed there or anywhere in that area. Only positive. This has helped me greatly in my last few journeys where a dark being attempted to interrupt the lessons of the plant teachers. If the entities persist, I visualize myself growing as hot and bright as the Sun itself, and this literally has made every dark being I have encountered wither away, never to be seen again, at least not right now.

Even though I have been experimenting with this psychedelic substance for just under a year now (will be 1 year exactly in July), I realize that I still have a long, long ways to go. My next step is ayahuasca. I am very excited but also very scared to try this substance. It is such a powerful mediator between this world and the next, and for one to not be nervous initially, well, good luck with not being nervous is all I have to say! Heheh. But in all seriousness, this is my next step as I feel i have came as far as I can go with smoking/vaping, and feel this next step will greatly help me move forward with my evolution and growth.

I hope I didn't ramble too much here. I have a hard time explaining things in great detail and tend to veer of course sometimes, so to speak. But I hope this read is enjoyable and informative to those who have and who also plan on taking the great plunge to learn more about themselves and the Universe they exist in.

Thanks for allowing me to continue to be apart of this community. I appreciate you all. Smile

"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 6/15/2013 10:34:18 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Very wise words Ancotar.

I've stickied this for now because of it's value, lets see what others can add to this wisdom.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

AtomicChronic
#3 Posted : 6/16/2013 4:36:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am about to have my first full DMT experience in about a half hour, and im glad you happened to post this just before i got the chance to do it, you basically covered everything i was worried about. this is good advice for someone who doesn't completely know what to expect, Im feeling alot better about finally taking the plunge after reading this.

Nice post, thanks for sharing some useful advice!

Ancotar
#4 Posted : 6/16/2013 4:23:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AtomicChronic wrote:
I am about to have my first full DMT experience in about a half hour, and im glad you happened to post this just before i got the chance to do it, you basically covered everything i was worried about. this is good advice for someone who doesn't completely know what to expect, Im feeling alot better about finally taking the plunge after reading this.

Nice post, thanks for sharing some useful advice!

Not a problem at all, AtomicChronic! I am certainly glad I helped shed some light for you! Smile

The Traveler wrote:

Very wise words Ancotar.

I've stickied this for now because of it's value, lets see what others can add to this wisdom.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I am deeply honored, Trav! Thank you!

I love contributing what I can! Smile
"We speak of Time and Mind, which do not easily yield to catagories. We separate past and future and find that Time is an amalgam of both. We separate good and evil and find that Mind is an amalgam of both. To understand, we must grasp the whole." -Isaac Asimov

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." -Buddha

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain." -Paul Atreides, while being tested with the Gom Jabbar by the Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

corpus callosum
#5 Posted : 6/16/2013 6:06:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Ancotar wrote:
One key facet of this is to do the age-old recommended action..

Just let go.

This simple little philosophy carries so much meaning with it.

Mindset is also key, as it is not recommended to go on a journey when one is in a bad mood or angry, even full of rage. This can lead to some very unpleasant and traumatic experiences. Even going in depressed can sometimes not be recommended, but I have certainly heard of others doing it in this state and they come out just fine, almost rehabilitated in some instances. Myself, I have found that going in with a neutral/positive attitude has great benefits to my experiences. So that right there somewhat covers the "set and setting" topic that is so often described here.

^^Alot of wisodm in these words.Good post. Thumbs up

It seems to me that mindset has a major bearing on ones ability to just let go; its as if whatever may be going on in ones life in the days to hours preceding the trip leaves a kind of 'baseline tone' in ones limbic system which ,in the normal state, can be over-ridden or suppressed.The psychedelics, especially via the longer mssions eg LSD/mescaline/psilocybin/oral DMT, where one needs a degree of stamina to keep ones head in the better places, make this underlying state more prone to come to the fore, engendering tension and can increase inability to let go.Being able to accurately assess this underlying limbic tone is , IMO, a vital skill to nurture to journey well and productively. It must be said, however, that dosing too highly can, in the heat of the moment, render such self-awareness incapable of seeing you through as dose too seems ,IMO, to raise unpredictable activity upstairs which requires experience (or a clued up sitter) to deal with.

Honest self appraisal, an idea of what you aim to achieve, sensible doses and being good to yourself are IME the bedrock of successful tripping.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Vodsel
#6 Posted : 6/17/2013 12:37:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

This was a very nice post. Oozing acceptance and peace, and you cannot overestimate how important these are.

I'm usually reluctant to share my experiences. Not quite sure why. My best guess is, they feel so extremely personal, so particularly tailored and coded, that sharing them feels like a display of my ego - and it's difficult to figure a reason why that would be useful to other people. And this usefulness is a requirement for me to share anything. But if I had to express the most important things I learned, what you wrote here works very well:

Ancotar wrote:
are you there to learn? Are you there to observe? Are you there to be one with the Universe for a brief period?

The worries, the anger, the sadness, the disorientation, all can be tamed more easily and put in place if you intend to do precisely that: watch, listen. Accept, do not judge. Do not try to understand the music as it plays: dance to it. Love yourself enough to treat you with the dance, step in, then forget and follow. And more often than not, you will come out of the dancing floor with your arms wrapped around yourself in a shameless self-hug.

strtman
#7 Posted : 2/21/2019 9:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an old thread. Not a response since June 2013 ? Can’t believe it. Especially not for a sticky thread. But ok, this thread has never caught my attention either. Today I read it for the first time.

What I have learned in the previous year? Well, I got rid of some stupid ideas. Like thinking that you should smoke DMT only in freebase. And now that I have ‘discovered’ changa, tripping has evolved into so much more. Such a beautiful method to make a journey. If this ain’t progress ….. Smile.

And there is something that I have come to realize more and more. For me, the most important reason to use psychedelics is recreational. It gives cosmic wisdom, changes the way to look at life, makes you to understand religion better, etc.

Lots of people here on the nexus talk about there problems and how psychedelics can help them. Nothing wrong with that. But not for me.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Jupitor
#8 Posted : 2/22/2019 4:29:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

***DELETE*** Dumb cannabis-high induced rant that makes no sense.