We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nexian Artists..If you dont mind Options

MusicTurtle
#1 Posted : 6/14/2013 10:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it is kind of an odd request, but I love the art that I see all over this site. By many different artists at that.
Now it has nothing to do with this site or anything related to most of our topics other than me enjoying the arts here.
My friend has asked me to try and rack up as many non-copywrited designs for some shirts to put together with his t-shirt machine.
I do not know why he asked me, I have less ability to draw than he does. My best drawing I ever did was a sketch of french fries and even that was horrible.
Nobody has to if they dont want, but if people would like to think that their art made it on a shirt, then feel free to post some for me.
I cannot express how important it is that it would be home made art work.

Thanks for reading. Even with that is a lot to me.
Good luck and as always Happy Travels
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jin
#2 Posted : 6/14/2013 12:56:32 PM

yes

is your friend ready to pay the Artist's , as the shirts would be sold i guess ,
the profit generated from such a venture should necessarily contribute a part of it to the Artist's that do this hard work and The Nexus ,

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Pup Tentacle
#3 Posted : 6/14/2013 1:05:29 PM

lettuce

What does your friend intend to do with these t-shirts?
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

MusicTurtle
#4 Posted : 6/14/2013 1:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make nad potentialy sell. It is. A new project.
If profit came out well and a business were to thrive based off of said designs, then yes riembersement would be polite, but as far as I am willing to speak with that consept being later on and because of were we are talking, I will say no more on the subject. To be honest, I do not have a large belief in the potential outcome being high. If anything my friends shirt profit would just be me picking up the shirts with said designs on them. The reason I even mentioned it here was to find something truly new in attempt to add to redirect certain paths in todays society and to get to look at some new art from the artists on the nexus. I love what I have seen and I do not have any favorites which is great for me.
I would also be open to new ideas to.
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

spinCycle
#5 Posted : 6/14/2013 2:56:57 PM

Life is Art is Life

I would prefer if my art was not used in this way.

Your friend should really think about making his own artwork or compensating artists for their work as a part of his business plan.

There are also stock sites such as http://www.123rf.com/ that can be used to purchase rights to images to use outright or modify.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

Pup Tentacle
#6 Posted : 6/14/2013 2:58:33 PM

lettuce

spinCycle wrote:

Your friend should really think about making his own artwork or compensating artists for their work as a part of his business plan.

There are also stock sites such as http://www.123rf.com/ that can be used to purchase rights to images to use outright or modify.

I deeply second this emotion....
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

jamie
#7 Posted : 6/14/2013 6:28:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

artists should be compensated for the work they do if others want to use it in this way IMO..unless the artist does not care I guess.
Long live the unwoke.

Wax
#8 Posted : 6/14/2013 7:29:19 PM

LUVR

Pup Tentacle wrote:
spinCycle wrote:

I deeply second this emotion....

I also agree with this. People spend a lot of time on the art they make and it would be very rude to exploit them with no compensation.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

MusicTurtle
#9 Posted : 6/14/2013 10:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not trying to just take and the one of the biggest things I love in life is the ability to say "no".
Some people just enjoy making art. Doing as a career can be hard for many and others can put their art work to another type of business, different from just puting on paper or selling it.
I hope I am not offending anyone with these posts.
On another note. I have met people that have the ability to do art. They enjoy making it and looking at it afterward, but when they feel satisfied with how they did, they throw it away or give it away. Some of them are good pieces of art. When I ask why they do it, they say they enjoy it, but dont see a purpose in keeping any of them. I have come to them about other pictures befroe and this one too. They sound interested, but I dont just like looking at one or two forms/styles of art. I wasnt very apreciative of looking and viewing good art work before, but I started something new a couple months ago and the world is starting to Look more beautiful to me.
Albert Einstein