We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
New GVG - The Glass Bat VG Options

Silly(c)One
#61 Posted : 5/19/2012 4:29:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome my friends Smile

Although, to be fair to the Glass Bat, I've had more and more success with it after finding the perfect copper mesh. I used to press my meshes too much and that would block airflow. Since then, I read here on the Nexus, it was Tele I think, that a good height for a mesh was 3 to 6mm. I tried that and it worked much much better !
Yes you need a bic butane lighter instead of a torch, which can leave some soot, but the Glass Bat is really easy and fast to clean and recover the goodies with IPA.
It's straight glass : just remove the stone, remove the soot with a little cotton with IPA if you want to recover the goods, else just block both ends, add IPA from the top and shake.
Also It's probably more portable and less fragile than the Sherlock due to its format and size (it rolls pretty good and did stand a few falls without any damage, granted not from very high). If I was to travel with a spiceship, I'd leave the Sherlock at home, this one is much more discreet and I can use a bic lighter that I can buy most anywhere in the world...

I'm not saying it's better than the Sherlock, but it works and is more efficient than many many other devices out there. It just takes a little time to get used to and DEMANDS the use of a proper copper mesh (steel screen would be impractical I think).
And it's much much cheaper than the Sherlock if you live outside the american continent (no customs taxes), so it's still a viable alternative.

I haven't tested my changa in it, though... I tried a few caapi leaves x2.75 but that left some stinky oily stuff in it. Had to clean it after that.

Can't wait for my Sherlock to get here Big grin

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Silly(c)One
#62 Posted : 5/23/2012 1:09:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just received my Sherlock GVG this morning (37€ import taxes / Belgium).

Wow. Ok. Now I got it. No comparison. Instantaneous vaporization.

Shocked

Anybody wants to buy a Glass Bat in good shape ? j/k Pleased

Purges
#63 Posted : 5/23/2012 3:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin Glad you are enjoying your new GVG! Nothing quite like it for vaping a dose of DMT!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tele
#64 Posted : 5/23/2012 4:18:11 PM
Explorer

Now you're set. Welcome to the clubCool Cool Cool

Ice House
#65 Posted : 5/23/2012 6:15:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Silly(c)One

Way to get with the program. You are setting a good example to all of those who cross your path. I like that.

Wonderful.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Silly(c)One
#66 Posted : 5/23/2012 6:48:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Ice House.

Nice synchronicity !
This last post of yours was your 1712th post, and 1712 is my "magic" number...
Also I'm starting to accept my shamanic nature, and I'm happy my manifestations do not go unnoticed...

Namaste.

Astro_traveler
#67 Posted : 6/10/2012 6:40:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM was wondering if the vapor genie glass bat could be used to smoke dmt spice?
Shadow wrote:
Be still now. I am with you, I am deep within you; You are at peace. You cannot be harmed; You will not suffer. Breathe deeply, Breathe in the healing love of the universe, And breathe out the sickness which has taken you. I am with you.

MelCat
#68 Posted : 6/10/2012 6:44:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check out this thread - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=23876
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Astro_traveler
#69 Posted : 6/10/2012 7:04:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the info... I should probably use the search tab next time.
Shadow wrote:
Be still now. I am with you, I am deep within you; You are at peace. You cannot be harmed; You will not suffer. Breathe deeply, Breathe in the healing love of the universe, And breathe out the sickness which has taken you. I am with you.

tele
#70 Posted : 6/10/2012 7:06:02 PM
Explorer

Astro_traveler wrote:
Thank you for the info... I should probably use the search tab next time.

Yeah I don't know why new members don't use it as we have the same questions posted here almost every day(not about the bat of course)

Cosmic_Reality
#71 Posted : 7/4/2012 11:39:55 PM

***Colony Wars***

Okay so I orderderd the Vapor Genie Glass Bat, and I plan on using bic lighter.

So only from the Nexians, that have used a Bat with DMT! Smile

Can you give me advice, in getting the most out of my GVG-Bat??

Do I need to buy anything else? (screens)
best lighting method and smoking method for the GVG-Bat??
"Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open"

Silly(c)One
#72 Posted : 8/17/2012 9:18:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Advice ?

Read this thread, I think I covered it already...

[edit] Ok, I'm caving.

In short :

- get some pure copper scrubber with flat threads
(ChoreBoy in the US, available on ebay, I found mine in London in a 1Pound shop)
- untie the scrubber and cut a +- 1m long (3 feet) thread
- make a little pad with the thread, approx 1cm diameter
(make a ball and flatten it, or keep it flat while you roll it and make a "dish" )
- open the hatch, put the pad in the Glass Bat, pour your spice on top of it and close the hatch
- get a lighter with a 2cm (<=1 inch) flame and try to vaporize it.
You'll have to play with flame distance and speed of inhalation to find your marks
- eventually give up and buy a Sherlock GVG Pleased

GoldenTeacher
#73 Posted : 10/4/2012 1:48:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Silly(c)One wrote:
Advice ?

Read this thread, I think I covered it already...

Glad to have found this thread thanks to the search feature! (Didn't realize it was there before! Oh the wonders of the interwebs!) I gladly read all of it. Good to read others experience with it. Doesn't seem like the best device for vaping. Thank you for the extensive review! Thumbs up Looks like I will be considering the Sherlock style instead. The cost appears to be worth it as others have stated. Smile
"I am because we are."
-African proverb

mailorderdiety
#74 Posted : 3/29/2013 6:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i have both of these pipes. i haven't had the chance to use the bat for spice yet. i was just going to use it for vaping all of my other elements like caapi leaf and changa. But i ended up giving it to my friend for her b-day. I also gave her some spice and she was having a hard time breaking through. So i'm going to get it back from her and add the copper chore boy and do a side by side comparison with my nice yellow mhrb extract.

Silly(c)One
#75 Posted : 3/30/2013 12:36:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I had to use the Bat for vaporizing spice, I'd take the copper mesh out, heat it with a torch lighter (but not burn it), melt my spice on it and put it back in the Bat...
It should work nicely that way, but I haven't tried it since I got the Sherlock so I'm very interested in your report Smile
Or one could infuse some herb with DMT instead of using a mesh, I bet that would work pretty well in the Bat too (and be easier to dose for your friend.)

GoldenTeacher, yes I believe you'd be happier with the Sherlock GVG. If you can afford it, do consider the hard case (it was 20$ at the time.) It's more secure than the default fabric pouch... And you'll need some copper scrubbers too Pleased

DisEmboDied
#76 Posted : 6/10/2013 4:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am seriously considering buying a glass bat VG very soon, I need something more portable, but had a couple of questions for those who have gone before me.

I have been using the Sherlock for years, and when using it, I put the spice right in the middle of the screen, which is facing upwards, any spice which falls to the side mostly does not vape, but the opening on the bat does not curve up, does one have to hold the pipe straight up, or what is the difference if any?

Also, I use a screen/pad for a volcano vaporizer that I cut to fit on my Sherlock, it is perfect, works the best. When I tried even 10 regular screens, the spice still just fell right through. Would I be able to cut to fit a volcano vaporizer pad on the bat as well?

Any other differences, similarities, suggestions?

I appreciate it.

Peace
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

DisEmboDied
#77 Posted : 6/13/2013 5:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn, my GVG Sherlock fell off of a shelf today and shattered into a million pieces! Sad

I have had so many wonderful journeys with that thing, I called it my 'Magic Flute', it often turned into a dragon during the experience, so I was smoking out of a dragon...ahh, such fond memories....
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

DisEmboDied
#78 Posted : 6/13/2013 5:08:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ordering another Sherlck today, still don't know about the bat though?...

ziggus
#79 Posted : 6/13/2013 6:45:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear of your GVG's demise, and glad to hear you're replacing it right away. As far as the glass bat VG is concerned, it has a rep for getting too hot to hold comfortably, and using it with a torch lighter is tough because you have to point the flame toward your face.

If you need something more portable to complement your GVG, I'd look into the Hammer. I posted about it in the Smoking forum some months ago. It's virtually unbreakable except for the short glass stem, and it's 100% convection just like the GVG. Since the time I posted, the manufacturer has added the option of lock-on stems that allow you to use the Hammer one-handed.

Nobody here has shown any interest in it, but it's a great option that I sometimes even choose to use over the GVG when I'm at home and don't really need it for portability. It's that good.

gualapa
#80 Posted : 6/14/2013 11:23:37 PM

me magic man! me gualapa!

If one of you fellow nexians wants a VG bat for cheap, I sell mine for $20. I bought it for $65 last December, still got the box & all its contents (never had a successful extraction so I only ended up using the pipe 2 or 3 times w/ some maryjane).

edit: it's on ebay right now for $25

if you want it send me message and i'll give you free shipping
"There is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour. You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything. And to understand is to transform what is." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Open your mind! Those without a welcome mat for new ideas won't ever learn how to live their life to the fullest.

existentialism - the philosophical idea that your own experiences & thinking initially determine why we exist and subsequentley, how we can fulfill our existence (our life). /////// I believe most of us come to the conclusion that we exist to exist, that there is no other answer for life. What we all debate in our own minds is how we should go about fulfilling our lives.

«PREV2345NEXT