We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The weed is too strong, maaan! Options

Luuk
#1 Posted : 6/9/2013 3:31:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The last decades the quality of weed has drastically increased, both as THC content and taste. These always seem to go together though, the best tasting weed is also the strongest. Since I love the act of smoking or vaporizing weed, and the taste of weed, a lot of times I end up way more stoned than I planned! I'm sure some of you folks recognize this. It is time to start developing strains that taste just as nice, but contain less THC. This article voices the same concerns:
http://www.slate.com/art...ellower_pot_strains.html

This topic is for all discussion relating to this problem. Are people working on creating such a strain? Or do you already know of one? Let me know!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 6/9/2013 6:43:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing that helps boost flavor is growing organic weed. If you start off with a strain of medium potency you should get about the same potency growing organic, but with a bolder flavor. I really like the taste! I smoke so little and have such a low tolerance, the stuff I have I still can't have too much at a time.

Also, if you have a good inexpensive source, like growing your own, you can always change your smoking tool. Smoking a joint is generally less efficient than a bong, plus you could maybe cut some other filler in there too which may even enhance flavor.
Be an adult only when necessary.

Luuk
#3 Posted : 6/9/2013 8:13:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah definitely some good suggestions. I have grown some nice outdoor weed for a few years, can't grow anymore but still working through the stash from 2011Laughing .
You're right about organic weed, I've noticed that the way weed is grown is extremely important for the taste, more so than the strain.
Still, I think there are some good market opportunities for a strain which is selected to have low THC but increased content of other terpenes. Right now the legal marijuana market is immature and dominated by a quest for maximum potency, but when marijuana is completely legalized I think this niche will be filled.
About supplementing my weed with other herbs.. I haven't found anything that tastes as nice as weed.
Somewhere in the future, when I've got the space, I'm gonna grow the most awesome-ass indoor weed.

Guyomech
#4 Posted : 6/9/2013 8:21:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Agreed... I'm not looking for a shot of everclear. A nice merlot is more like it. But the high potency has allowed me to cut back on the actual smoke inhalation part- which I enjoy a lot, but at 45 I try to be conscious of wear and tear on the windpipes. Two small but strong bowls a day usually does the trick...

Nathanial.Dread
#5 Posted : 6/10/2013 12:02:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally, I love getting way too high. A low-grade cannabis buzz always strikes me as just kind or dull. I always end up just lying down somewhere feeling tranced, but my insomnia isn't going to get beaten by a little thing like weed, so I just lie there for hours.

Now, high-dose experiences can be just as intense and other-worldly as any psychedelic is to me, so on the rare occasion that I do smoke (got to keep that tolerance down), I mostly go for a hallucinatory experience.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/10/2013 12:10:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would prefer a pure ruderalis ditch weed strain personally.
Long live the unwoke.

ZenSpice
#7 Posted : 6/10/2013 12:15:41 AM

Mostly Ignored

A decent spot of curing after a proper non rushed harvest can work wonders on the taste and overall vibe of some nicely grown herb.

A month or two in a kilner jar that is burped a few times a week for example really makes all the difference Twisted Evil

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 6/10/2013 1:07:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Luuk, you might want to look into strains that are high in CBD and lower in THC. The CBD is non psychoactive but very healthy and good for pain management and relaxing tight muscles. CBD also is showing to have many anti cancer benefits. Check out projectcbd.org for more info. Very happy
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Luuk
#9 Posted : 6/10/2013 1:24:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow Mitakuye Oyasin, cool link! Looks like they are definitely making some progress with that. Cannabis higher in CBD gives a very nice relaxing effect with less chance of paranoia or becoming uncomfortably introvert. I love smoking some nice Moroccan hash during daytime for that reason. By the time I expect I can grow weed again I'll definitely grow some high-CBD strain. Untill then I'll have to rely on the Dutch coffeeshops, which provide good weed but only high-THC low-CBD strains.

This all being said, I love getting way too high. Many good evenings have ended with me and friends smoking bag after bag of ice-o-lator from the volcano until tripping ballsBig grin .
But different occasions call for different highs, so it would be nice to have the choice of smoking weed and being able to function afterwards.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#10 Posted : 6/10/2013 3:19:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

hixidom
#11 Posted : 6/10/2013 5:29:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't smoke weed, but maybe you could take the potent stuff and cut it in with the less potent stuff or some other herb. Or maybe you could extract the THC from the plant material and just smoke that. Or maybe you could develop a synthetic MJ flavoring that could be applied to other herbs.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Parshvik Chintan
#12 Posted : 6/10/2013 11:13:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

perfect the art of terpenoid extraction, and lace some schwag with it.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Hyperspace Fool
#13 Posted : 6/10/2013 11:28:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, the medical marijuana dispensaries in California are usually hip to low THC weed.

You can find a ton of novel ways to ingest cannabinoids in the better ones... ehehehe.

If you put a little research in, you can find a perfect high for your qualifications, no prob.

Personally, I am most interested in the Raw Juicing Cannabis thing. (google it, there are a number of youtube vids on it) It is totally awesome, and not at all psychoactive. The alpha versions of the various cannabinoids are where the true medical potential lies IMO. Problem is that you basically have to grow in order to procure enough leaves to do it regularly.

Leaves for juicing, buds for vaping, trim for hash... and all of the above for cooking. Homegrown FTW.

HF

"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Luuk
#14 Posted : 6/10/2013 3:02:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not so sure about the whole raw juicing thing.. There seems to be little or no solid science behind it. As far as I know, The main benefit of medicinal cannabis is pain reduction, and CBD might have some anti-cancer properties. In their acid forms, the cannabinoids are supposedly inactive.
The medicinal marijuana dispensaries are awesome, love how capitalism has professionalized and diversified the cannabis industry. Good to know they have low THC strains. Here in Holland because of the ´gedoogbeleid´ (toleration policy) weed can be sold but growing it is still illegal. Because of this commercial weed production is usually very unprofessional and linked to the criminal circuit.

Guyomech
#15 Posted : 6/10/2013 3:25:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Lightweights, chuckles Parshivik Chintan, scrolling through the browser window on his iBong.

Parshvik Chintan
#16 Posted : 6/10/2013 4:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guyomech wrote:
Lightweights, chuckles Parshivik Chintan, scrolling through the browser window on his iBong.

stopping suddenly in shock, his jaw dropping, as he realizes guyomech can read his thoughts Shocked
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Walter D. Roy
#17 Posted : 6/11/2013 4:25:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Luuk, you might want to look into strains that are high in CBD

I much more enjoy a higher CBD content, and if you get a good strain it will taste great! It is a lot less overwhelming.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

ZenSpice
#18 Posted : 6/13/2013 11:39:10 AM

Mostly Ignored

Go Team Parshvik...

Alas I could happily smoke for the Olympics. I wish I could get as easily affected by the herb as many around me, would make the stash go a LOT further..

Saying that I like that I can smoke and still function fairly adequately..

So yeah, Go team Parshvik Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up