We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mold on whole caapi vine? Options

Hjortron
#1 Posted : 5/30/2013 7:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've recently received some varieties of whole Banisteriopsis Caapi vine (not shredded). However, on one of them, I found some dots of mold here and there (or so I assume it be). The vendor said in advance that this can happen, and that you should wash it away and let it dry (or use it instantly) if this happens to be the case.

How do you wash it though? My gut feeling is to pick away the mold by hand and then wash the piece of vine with water while scratching it a little with my fingers here and there... I'm just wondering, has anyone else any experience with this? And do you have any opinions on whether it's still fine to use it after I've washed it seemingly clean from the mold?

I tried googling the answers to this, but I only found threads about mold being found in already prepared caapi teas that have been standing around for too long.
"As my soul left my body, I found myself floating in a swirling ocean of multi-colored light. At the end, I could see and feel an even brighter light pulling me toward it, and as it shined on me, I felt indescribable happiness. I remembered everything about eternity - knowing, that we had always existed, and that all of us are family. Then old friends and loved ones surrounded me, and I knew without a doubt I was home, and that I was so loved." - Christian Andréason

Dude, that blonde girl is a total DMT/10.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 5/30/2013 9:34:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Couple things you can do. 1- boil the whole vine for 10 min then let it sit in the sun to dry or not. you can hammer the vine moist just the same as dry.

2- Take a knife and scrape off the moldy spots and put in direct sunlight for a day or too. Sun and reasonable heat will kill the mold.
Or even better do both. Scrape the mold off with a knife then boil. Use a finger nail brush and hot water or IPA then wipe it all down with a clean towel to get rid of as many spores as possible.

Even if you didnt' do anything if you bring your caapi tea to a light boil during the brewing process it will kill the mold but its best to get rid of it just to be safe as some molds are carsenogenic.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 5/31/2013 12:42:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i would think it would still be safe to extract.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Hjortron
#4 Posted : 6/4/2013 5:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the input guys! I simply cut off the parts with the suspected molds with my kitchen knife, and then hammered it, used my pruning shears to cut it into smaller pieces, mixed it into powder with my mixer and voilà! I cooked ~50g for my first time and I have to say, I had 0 nausea and I loved it a lot more than rue.

I can't believe people actually get nauseous by this stuff though. 3g powdered rue eaten raw can make me purge, but not this stuff. Anyone else react this way? Also, there was almost no sediment to speak of, which really surprised me given the huge amount of plant material being cooked.

Anyway, I combined it with some Chaliponga, and I have to say, riding on the back of a bear in a flock of them in the grasslands was wonderful Very happy
"As my soul left my body, I found myself floating in a swirling ocean of multi-colored light. At the end, I could see and feel an even brighter light pulling me toward it, and as it shined on me, I felt indescribable happiness. I remembered everything about eternity - knowing, that we had always existed, and that all of us are family. Then old friends and loved ones surrounded me, and I knew without a doubt I was home, and that I was so loved." - Christian Andréason

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 6/4/2013 9:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Everyone reacts differently. I need quite a lot of strong caapi heavy ayahuasca to purge in volunteerly now that my system is used to it but in the beginning days I would feel quite sick.

I purge after an aya ceremony intentionally if it was a heeling experience. I can feel the processed emotions sitting there in my belly and once purged out it feels like the treatment is complete. I've learned to purge on command, so to speak. basically I drink 12-16 oz of water and it come up within 1-5 min tops. Such a great feeling the purge is!!!!
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Hjortron
#6 Posted : 6/5/2013 1:47:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I'm right there with you, I can control the purge to a large degree now too, although sometimes the medicine dances me in to the toilet all by itself. I haven't tried drinking water in order to purge, it tends to just intensify everything instead. I just put my right index and middle finger down my throat and "summon" the purge. The only real downfall with the purge is that it ends the intensity of the trip, so I prefer not to purge too early, but I definitely want to be somewhere in the peak when it happens.

olympus mon wrote:
Such a great feeling the purge is!!!!

Here here!! Thumbs upBig grin

AluminumFoilRobots
#7 Posted : 6/5/2013 5:36:47 PM

gufyg

Good to hear it worked out for you. I've never tried cooking the moldy stuff, always felt better extracting...
but y'know sometimes there is lichen on it, but it looks pretty different than mold.
ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.