We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Solanine as a Natural Pesticide and Fungicide Options

Legit
#1 Posted : 6/1/2013 6:39:11 AM

This is bat country.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not, but I stumbled across this Wikipedia article that describes solanine as having "fungicidal and pesticidal properties". Seeing as I have a bit of a gnat and mold problem with my cannabis crop, and have an almost-endless supply of horsenettle... I figure it's worth trying, at least.
Just to clarify, I only plan to use this on soil. The thought of smoking solanine isn't too appealing to me...

...But how do I extract it? I assume water will work, but should the water be hot or cold? Or maybe water won't work at all.
Turns out water will work. This question has been answered.

It seems like I had more questions, but I can't remember what they might've been. In any case, I'll accept whatever information is presented. I'm sure someone in here knows a thing or two about this.
Thought of some new questions.
Can solanine be absorbed through the skin?
What part of the horsenettle plant (besides fruit; mine aren't fruiting yet) contains the highest concentration of solanine?
When is this concentration at its peak?

Any and all feedback is welcome!
07:45:13 ‹Bonné›The least interesting part of a psychedelic experience is definitely the visuals.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Legit
#2 Posted : 6/1/2013 9:20:37 PM

This is bat country.

Bump - edited OP.
07:45:13 ‹Bonné›The least interesting part of a psychedelic experience is definitely the visuals.