We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Use Frequency Options

scorp130n
#1 Posted : 5/28/2013 4:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm fairly new to this all.
So is it possible that you can smoke too much DMT? (Say, once every day)
And that your DMT receptors in your brain go bad, thus stopping blasting off from occurring and/or (Is this true?) dreaming.

It may seem ignorant to those experienced, but I myself figured this would be the place to raise concern..and receive proper answer.
You are the architect of your own Destruction.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 5/28/2013 4:44:40 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

no...there isn't any evidence of the receptors 'going bad'

but as with many psychedelics people can reach a road block with dmt where, for whatever reasons, they need to take a break or change things up in order to go further with it. This isn't necessarily from frequent use though

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

MorningWoods
#3 Posted : 5/28/2013 4:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe Rick Strassman conducted a test on some people, injecting them with DMT every 30 minutes. There were no signs of the persons building a tolerance to it.

This is only from memory though and should be treated as such.
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. – Tao Te Ching

scorp130n
#4 Posted : 5/28/2013 4:50:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just wanted to know if some bad stuff would happen if I did it too often. (once a day, at most probably)
Smile Thank you for the feedback.

Mugen
#5 Posted : 5/28/2013 5:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

scorp130n wrote:
I just wanted to know if some bad stuff would happen if I did it too often. (once a day, at most probably)
Smile Thank you for the feedback.

I have subjected myself to what I would consider heavy use like, 3-4 times a day with some days completely off it to save up my spice., I feel pretty fine, and I sleep like a king. I can't sleep right after having finished a trip though, cause my hearts racing from the rush, and my thought are spinning around so fast it keeps me up. But of course Everyone is different, I could imagine someone could be susceptible to passing out and sleeping like a child every time they trip.

As long as you can distinguish reality from fiction, You'll be fine, and I think DMT won't work it's magic on consecutive dosing, Just It's own way of keeping you safe I think, but I could be wrong.

Once a day dose, will do you just fine in my opinion. be safe friend.
See you later Space Cowboy...

changalvia
#6 Posted : 5/28/2013 6:36:33 PM

eat your jungle oats

universecannon wrote:

people can reach a road block with dmt where, for whatever reasons, they need to take a break or change things up in order to go further with it. This isn't necessarily from frequent use though

Seconded.

Been there many a time.

Just keep track of reality and you'll be fine.

It gets tricky though. (for me)

Someday you might see what I mean

Also I'm pretty sure a day will come where you will be absolutely terrified. And approach it with much more anticipation. This could also cause a block if you are not ready.

And then you will get past the honeymoon phase, and enjoy a happy life with some good experiences under your belt and great insights.

The curious itch will come though.

Safe travels!
With every great plan comes the pleasure of patience. Take a rest, and grab a suckle off the teat of life!

Felnik
#7 Posted : 5/28/2013 7:22:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems apparent that everyday use will eventually
Get weird and is not necessarily a good thing at least on a
Psychological level.

This comes from personal experience and following nexus for quite a long time .

It's like eating too much desert .

Balance is the key

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

universecannon
#8 Posted : 5/28/2013 7:36:49 PM

Basically it just depends on so many factors, not to mention everybody is different in their relationship with it. Its not possible to generalize and say one way or another that its good or bad. At times it can be extremely beneficial to do deep work like that on a daily basis. At times not so much.

Parshvik Chintan
#9 Posted : 5/28/2013 7:43:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you take medicine daily if you aren't sick?
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Enoon
#10 Posted : 5/28/2013 7:52:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

physiologically as far as I know there is no evidence for any "bad stuff" happening. Psychologically however lots of stuff can happen, good and bad, with using DMT. I don't think one can generalize what kind of frequency is "too much" because people and circumstances are very different. I think it is important to be attentive to the changes in yourself while working with all entheogens in order to be able to judge if taking more at any given time is the right choice.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Guyomech
#11 Posted : 5/28/2013 8:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Many members here have gone through a "honeymoon period" like this, and by and large most have gotten over it after a few months. With some it's a bad trip that gives them a since of hesitance. With others, the message they were getting, even during positive trips, seemed to contain a strong element of "slow down dude!". With others, it just got tiring and the magic seemed to fade with overuse.

Other members here have gone through on and off periods of frequent use and it's never gotten bad for them, but still those slow-down periods just naturally come along from time to time.

The most important thing, IMO, is to be integrating your experiences so they can inform and guide you during your Earthside trip. Otherwise, what's the point? Escape? If you're taking the spice for escapist reasons it will almost certainly come around and bite you eventually.

I've personally found that a 2-3 month interval is ideal, in terms of integration. But I'm an old guy.

fry
#12 Posted : 5/28/2013 8:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am an active member on multiple forums, there are a few cases where you could watch day by day the mental degradation of overly frequent users as there posts become more bizarre and fantasy like.
But I have no idea of their mental state or any underlying mental illnesses.

I assume this might be partially why there's no conspiracy theory page on this site.

scorp130n
#13 Posted : 5/28/2013 8:56:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. It makes my stay at the nexus so far, very friendly.

No, I don't regularly take meds. Now, when I start my workout cycle again..I'll be sure to review my supps with DMT usage before going further. I know they have alot of crazy stuff in them.

My relationship is exploring. I'm slightly fearful of what I may discover. My mind.. It's so different Smile I love my uniqueness, yet I'm sure It'll also reflect in my visions.
Everyone's different though, who knows.

My dosage will be less than daily now, I imagine. I dont have alot of dough to waste on importing tree bark . Phalaris A~ grows in my neck of the woods. I have written a tek on it.
Whenever I'm done with acacia, will move forward to that maybe.

olympus mon
#14 Posted : 5/28/2013 9:46:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

scorp130n wrote:
I'm fairly new to this all.
So is it possible that you can smoke too much DMT? (Say, once every day)
And that your DMT receptors in your brain go bad, thus stopping blasting off from occurring and/or (Is this true?) dreaming.

In my experience yes. My first year after learning to extract I vaped 3 times a day for close to a year. After about 9 months I couldn't breakthrough and in fact barely coukld feel the dmt at all more times than not. But I dont regret that year one bit! It was an incredible time and I learned and grew tremendously as a person.

My recommendation, based solely on guy feeling is that 4-5 times a week would be the max to ensure breakthroughs consistently but other friends such as Antrocles never had this problem and he vaped even more than I did for longer. Its subjective to each person.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

anon_003
#15 Posted : 5/28/2013 9:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderation is key! Just do what feels right. Everyone's brain chemistry is different. Everyone's schedule is different. Everyone's personal agenda is different. Only you know what is right for your situation.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

#16 Posted : 5/28/2013 11:02:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

As Guyomech said, many (or possibly most) go through a honeymoon phase where it's done frequently. Eventually you manage to muster 'too big' a hit or take 'one too many hits' and your world comes crashing down, shattering everything you thought you knew prior. You then see the power of this stuff that we're imbiding in. You won't realize what im saying until it happens to you.

Frequency is fine, but whats your intention? And I mean your 'deepdowntrue' intention as to why you would want to frequent this realm so often? The DMT experience often works with what you give it. Wherever you may be in your transpersonal development, DMT tends to launch you from there into deeper aspects of yourself and deeper messages to be had. If you keep sparking up night after night just for the heck of it, eventually you will get thrown into thick waters. You won't be on the shore observing the hurricane, you'll be out on the stormy seas in the eye of it. Trust me.

much love,
tat

universecannon
#17 Posted : 5/28/2013 11:06:34 PM

anon_003 wrote:
Just do what feels right

That sums it up