We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phragmites Australis Options

Mattafizz25
#1 Posted : 5/16/2013 1:43:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, i have been reading around and must say cant find anything exact about this plant some claim to get actives out some claim to get nothing... Any specific data on this out there? Anyone did anything interesting recently with this plant? Or anyone willing to give it a try?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 5/17/2013 5:29:33 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Mattafizz25
#3 Posted : 5/17/2013 10:06:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ya i've seen that but the thread doesn't offer much tbh Razz

Mattafizz25
#4 Posted : 5/17/2013 1:40:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Although come to think of it, i have always had the idea that time might not be the key when it comes to plants producing DMT, but more of what we 'feed' the plant. Where i live (in a village) there are lots of animals everywhere, and it is well known the quality of milk for one depends on what the cow eats. Also this particular plant here is said to be cleaning the water out in some ways (i got nothing to back this up, cant remember where i have read it) so it might be also with Phalaris and/or even Mimosa and the others?

just a though

endlessness
#5 Posted : 5/20/2013 3:06:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Phragmites_spp.

Maybe we need some more people testing this plant with TLC or similar home-analysis methods.

I dont recommend ingesting unknown extracts from these plants before some more work on them is done, though. Anyways feel free to post some more info you have on this plant, related to chemistry or not, so we can build up our knowledge on it!

shanedudddy2
#6 Posted : 5/20/2013 4:28:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This plant is everywhere where I live, perhaps I`ll look into performing TLC.
Endlessness, are you able to point me in the right direction to understanding how to perform the testing, and required materials necessary Smile thanks.

Felnik
#7 Posted : 5/20/2013 4:36:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also would be curious how to proceed with this plant . It also grows everywhere here.
The only issue I see is that the roots are very tough and quite difficult to deal with.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Mattafizz25
#8 Posted : 5/21/2013 8:30:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well bioassay is all i can do tbh so its a bit scary Very happy most of you would prolly not recommend it but as i can see other people biod it in the past so if i start low would be okay

endlessness
#9 Posted : 5/22/2013 12:55:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:
This plant is everywhere where I live, perhaps I`ll look into performing TLC.
Endlessness, are you able to point me in the right direction to understanding how to perform the testing, and required materials necessary Smile thanks.

Before getting into TLC, you could at least buy ehrlich reagent and marquis (available at dancesafe or other places, check my signature link on colorimetrics for more info). Then you could do a test extraction on phragmites, see if you get anything out of it.Then you just put bit of the results (crystals or goo) on a white or glass plate, and put a drop of the reagent on top of it and watch which color it turns.

Ehrlich wont differentiate between different tryptamines very well but at least you will see if it has something of tryptamines (turning purple/blue) or nothing. Marquis will turn black if it has any significant amount of gramine, and if its just dmt it should be from yellow to brown. Then, if it turns out good, that you get any significant amount of 'whatever' (goo, crystals, etc), plus it turns good with reagents (ehrlich turning purple/blue and marquis not turning black), then it will be worth it to explore with TLC or similar.. So I suggest first testing with just the reagents which are easy to find, and then posting results. What do you think?

jamie
#10 Posted : 5/22/2013 1:56:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

when I find some I will just test it via brainography and let yall know.
Long live the unwoke.

shanedudddy2
#11 Posted : 5/28/2013 11:30:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good Smile Cheers

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 5/28/2013 12:22:02 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Naphtha pulls on Phragmites australis rhizome (sold by a chinese herb vendor as lu-gen) yielded nothing. Acetone pulls did yield fatty yellow xtals.

TLC analysis results on the yellow xtals were quite ambiguous. It looks as though there may be dmt in there; but if so, it is in very very small amounts, even in the extract. Therefore Phragmites does not look very useful for our particular purposes.

This does need further work and verification. If anyone has the equipment and ability, some follow-up work on this would be great to see.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca