We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cannabinoid theory Options

LibertyforAll
#1 Posted : 5/24/2013 1:51:20 AM

Claro in Vitam

This is something I've been thinking over quite a while, when I've found myself staring at a night sky, with nothing else to think about.
With that said, I'm just sharing my thoughts, and I'd sure love to hear other opinions etc about it!
I think cannabis literally opens our minds... As in it allows us into different areas of the brain. Parts of our subconscious even. This could also explain the short-term memory loss it can cause, because we gain control of our memory rather than it being automated.
I'm thinking of memories working like a checkpoint in a game, and cannabis 'disables' the checkpoint system, and instead gives us a sort of save point system, in which we have to manually save. Maybe it turns that off too, making it impossible for us to 'save' our thoughts.
Perhaps this effect is only sometimes sen because different strains, different plants even, have different levels of specific cannabinoids, each one effecting us differently.
Anyways, back into the mind opening part. This would also explain why cannabis can have an effect that allows it to sort of amplify other drugs, because those less-used sections of are brain are then stimulated and become more sensitive.

That's all I have for now, but like I said I would love to hear some other thoughts and takes on this. Smile
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Psychelexium528Hz*
#2 Posted : 5/25/2013 8:37:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting post! Do you have any ideas on how to "Manuel save" during cannabis use? I havent found a method to remember things to well. It winds up fading away real quickly. Im glad to know that the short term memory loss is pretty common with Cannabis. My sober memory is pretty rubbish. Embarrased
~โ€œWe have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.โ€~
โ€• Terence McKenna *Psychonaut*

LibertyforAll
#3 Posted : 5/25/2013 1:14:47 PM

Claro in Vitam

I usually force myself to remember something by actually saying hey, remember this. Then pick the object you want to remember, whatever, up and make sure you make a point to yourself to remember it.
That doesn't sound too deep or groundbreaking Razz but that's all I do.
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 5/25/2013 4:08:22 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

LibertyforAll wrote:
I usually force myself to remember something by actually saying hey, remember this. Then pick the object you want to remember, whatever, up and make sure you make a point to yourself to remember it.
That doesn't sound too deep or groundbreaking Razz but that's all I do.

Or just write it down if you're in the mood....or....what was that I was thinking?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Jin
#5 Posted : 5/25/2013 7:03:46 PM

yes

Psychelexium528Hz* wrote:
Interesting post! Do you have any ideas on how to "Manuel save" during cannabis use? I havent found a method to remember things to well. It winds up fading away real quickly. Im glad to know that the short term memory loss is pretty common with Cannabis. My sober memory is pretty rubbish. Embarrased

listen to forest trance , works for me

my theory is the short term memory loss is due to the thinking process itself ,

quit thinking and there is no memory loss ,

an easy way is to pay attention to the sounds/music at all times
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Psychelexium528Hz*
#6 Posted : 5/26/2013 5:43:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
Psychelexium528Hz* wrote:

listen to forest trance , works for me

my theory is the short term memory loss is due to the thinking process itself ,

quit thinking and there is no memory loss ,

an easy way is to pay attention to the sounds/music at all times

Alright I'll give it a try and see if it works for me! Smile
~โ€œWe have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.โ€~
โ€• Terence McKenna *Psychonaut*

LeoPsychonaut
#7 Posted : 5/27/2013 3:37:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm with you on this libertyforall. At least for myself, cannabis allows me to sit back and really think about and issue or idea, sparking a greater curiosity. When sober, I'm so wrapped up in dozens of thoughts and actions that I don't have a chance to reflect. Cannabis for me allows me to really create an interest Smile
Give me liberty, or give me death!