We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to use Agua Florida Options

3rdI
#1 Posted : 5/16/2013 11:15:34 AM

veni, vidi, spici

morning all,

I have received a few free samples of Agua Florida with some recent orders of vine and I am wondering how to use it?

Does anyone incorporate its use into there home ceremonies? if so what do you do?

any help would be appreciated as it currently sits in a draw doing nothing.

Cheers folks
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

twofourtwo
#2 Posted : 5/16/2013 11:45:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I brought back some Florida Water from a trip to the US a while ago. I only knew the stuff from a ethnobotanicals supplier (probably the same you've ordered from) so I was curious when I saw it in a Mexican supermarket there.

I've sprinkled it around a bit after smudging my room, sprinkled some on myself, then left the bottles sitting on the shelf. Would be nice though to incorporate it into my own little opening/ closing rituals again. I'm superstitious enough to dig this kind of stuff
Smile

I found this video, it gives some ideas for using FW:

3rdI
#3 Posted : 5/16/2013 11:49:02 AM

veni, vidi, spici

hi twofourtwo,

thanks for the vid, I will give that a watch later.

Quote:
I'm superstitious enough to dig this kind of stuff Smile

me tooVery happy , that's why I don't want to leave it in the draw.

cheers

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Global
#4 Posted : 5/16/2013 2:27:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I need to get me some Very happy
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

nicechrisman
#5 Posted : 5/16/2013 3:22:56 PM

Kin

I usually just pour some in my palm and rub my hands together and rub it on my head, neck, arms, whatever. I think of it as an aromatherapy type of thing.
Nagdeo

jamie
#6 Posted : 5/16/2013 6:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would throw that crap in the garbage.

It's toilet water.

Make your own..that florida water brand name stuff is just garbage..they add weird dyes and stuff to it also.

You can make way way better floral water yourself than that stuff man. I used to have some of those bottles of trademarked "florida water" but once I made my own I never used that other stuff again.

Get some herbs and some vodka..I used lots of lavander, cedar, sage, mugwort and w/e other flowers I have in my garden or I can find in nature at the time..a bit of rosemary can go nice with certain flowers and lavander also.. sometimes I add a few drops of essntial oils to the other flowers and herbs also.
Long live the unwoke.

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 5/16/2013 6:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

I use as mentioned above but also put some in my purge bucket. Its a nice little pick me up as your heaving your guts out to smell flowers rather than sick.Smile
jamie wrote:

You can make way way better floral water yourself than that stuff man. I used to have some of those bottles of trademarked "florida water" but once I made my own I never used that other stuff again.

This I agree with. Its quite clearly cheap ass perfume with maybe some floral water in it. It to me smells of chemicals galore plus its so freaking cheap no way its real floral water for about .80 Cents a large bottle.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Mz.Gypzy
#8 Posted : 5/16/2013 8:01:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that the home made stuff is much better, but as far as using the commercial stuff.
I Like to sprinkle it in my bath water, (before journeys, or just for relaxation) that way the sent is not to strong. Also sprinkle around the house where ever it feels a bit stagnant.

who's minding the store?- Ram Dass
Mz.Gypzy is a fictional character. I have a very active imagination. I like to make things up, to entertain myself and others on the internet. I do not use, or condone the use of illegal substances. Everything I write here on the Nexus is for pure entrainment purposes only.

3rdI
#9 Posted : 5/20/2013 1:21:05 PM

veni, vidi, spici

thanks for the replies everyone.

much appreciatedThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

null24
#10 Posted : 5/21/2013 1:09:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

[quote=jamie]I would throw that crap in the garbage.

It's toilet water.

Make your own..that florida water brand name stuff is just garbage..they add weird dyes and stuff to it also.

quote]
I am not familiar with Agua Florida, but I think this is funny. Have any of Y'all ever had Florida tap water. You will purge, you will defintitely purge from both ends. I know that , or hope that, its not what yall are referring to, just found it humorous. I saw the post heading...
Have to look into this...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

nicechrisman
#11 Posted : 5/21/2013 5:34:59 AM

Kin

Also there are 2 main brands of "Agua de Florida". They are actually both marketed as the same brand, but one is blue and smells like cheap crappy aftershave. The other one is yellow and is made in Peru if you look on the bottle. I like that one.
Nagdeo

olympus mon
#12 Posted : 5/21/2013 6:07:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

null24 wrote:

I am not familiar with Agua Florida, but I think this is funny. Have any of Y'all ever had Florida tap water. You will purge, you will defintitely purge from both ends. I know that , or hope that, its not what yall are referring to, just found it humorous. I saw the post heading...

No mate its Spanish. As in aqua FLOR-ida, the Spanish word for flowers not the state of Florida's water.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

jamie
#13 Posted : 5/21/2013 5:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

nicechrisman wrote:
Also there are 2 main brands of "Agua de Florida". They are actually both marketed as the same brand, but one is blue and smells like cheap crappy aftershave. The other one is yellow and is made in Peru if you look on the bottle. I like that one.

I was referring to the yellow one. I have a bunch of bottles of it but I dont use them any longer.
Long live the unwoke.

venom
#14 Posted : 5/22/2013 9:06:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

when i was in a ceremony with a well known eq shaman,
we were being healed and he gave us this strong agua florida ( alcohol ) in our hands to inhale the vapours, and sometimes he dropped some 5ml on the head,
he explicitely told we were not allowed to snort of sniff the agua florida, because that is used for extreme healing purposes ( healings that most of us dont need, i guess more medicinal ). And u would get into a coma state when not proper guided by the shaman, u would die of it.
he gave us also 4 times during the ceremony tobacco water to sniff Smile i liked it to be honest, but a lot of pple were allready vomitting even before they served the first aya cup.
He told us it opens our energy levels and make us ready to enter spiritual world.

Also this tribe ( shuar ) the headshrinkers from the amazon Pleased told me that they drink the tobacco water to go into spiritual dreams. And even use it to stuff the water in their rectal parts and then go in trance for hours and hours.
For them tobacco is one of the most powerfull substances on earth.
When i snorted the tobacco water i must say it was like a cup of coffee * 100.
When the ceremony was over, in the morning, they gave us the last tobacco snuff water, and we were all awake like never before. i only could get some sleep a few hours before the next session Smile and next day the same Pleased

so how to use the agua florida, i dont think its usefull for self administration or something, its for healing that the shaman does, and i believe a big knowledge has to be obtained to even use this healing alcohol
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.

- in memorium of T MCK

Silly(c)One
#15 Posted : 5/22/2013 12:15:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aqua Florida is used by every single practitioner I've worked with. (the yellow is made in Peru, the blue one in USA and smells more of cologne. Also, the yellow you can take in your mouth to blow it in the room, the blue no one dares Pleased)
I use it everyday myself, it reminds me of the ceremonies and helps me center myself.

During the ceremonies, the shaman will use it to help us in difficult moments, to remind us we are happy to be here and now.
Some say it attracts good spirits for protection.
Smell is a powerful trigger.

I like the idea of making one's own Aqua Florida, though Smile

null24
#16 Posted : 5/22/2013 4:11:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

olympus mon wrote:
null24 wrote:

No mate its Spanish. As in aqua FLOR-ida, the Spanish word for flowers not the state of Florida's water.

not quite that dumb,I may look it bit...
I still tHink It's funny.
I'm stoned though.
He he, Florida water.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Silly(c)One
#17 Posted : 5/25/2013 11:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And it's not even wrong, where do you think the State of Florida got it's name from ? Very happy
It's the flowered state, though strangely, it smells of pine, nowadays Pleased

cosmic butterfly
#18 Posted : 5/25/2013 11:32:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

agua florida, ah that grreat old grandmother perfume smell love so much Sick vverrrry strong smell that apparently protects u n attracts the spirits, heres an interesting article of its history, use, n spirit:
http://www.singingtothep.../12/strong-sweet-smells/

excerpt:
"Agua de Florida is a teacher, just like the plantas maestras, the plants who teach, and one can undertake la dieta, a restricted diet, with Agua de Florida just as one could with any healing or protecting plant. For thirty days, says doña María, drink a small bottle of the cologne every night before going to sleep, then sit quietly during the day, concentrating and smoking mapacho cigarettes. At the end of this time, the genio, the spirit, of Agua de Florida will come to you; he will appear in a dream or vision, she says, as an hombre buen gringo, a very European-looking man. He will have three birds with him and the spirits of four spiny palms — birds that serve sorcerers, and the thorny palms from which sorcerers make their virotes, magic darts. The spirit of Agua de Florida will ask you, “Why have you come here? What are you seeking?” And he will offer you a choice of how to use the power of the perfume — for attack, for defense, or for healing."