We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help ID Acacia acuminata Photos Options

Bigbudda
#1 Posted : 5/23/2013 11:22:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all ive recenlty come accross what i believe to be is a Acacia acuminata
i just wanted confirmation from people so i get it right.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acacian
#2 Posted : 5/23/2013 11:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry you do not have acacia acuminata.. acuminata has rod flowers rather than balls

Bigbudda
#3 Posted : 5/24/2013 12:55:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
sorry you do not have acacia acuminata.. acuminata has rod flowers rather than balls

I realised that but I read that they over 400 sub-species and this could possibly be one of them.
Everything else to me seems to fit the profile

acacian
#4 Posted : 5/24/2013 1:27:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the close up pics are a little hard to look at as they are quite blurry - but that is not a subspecies of acuminata...there are a few variants of Acuminata - the narrow phyllode variant, the small seed variant and the broader leaf variant... as well as what could argueable be called a subspecies "Acacia Burkitti" (it could also be called another species in its own right though)

Acuminata falls into a family of over 250 acacias called julifloreae.. each species in this section are differentiated by their own taxanomic qualities. and any tree in this family does not fall under classification of being a subspecies of acuminata. for the above tree to be clissified as acacia acuminata it needs to fit the profile for identification.. yellow rod flowers, linear seed pods, curled or "acuminate" tips of phyllodes, rough trunk bark...

what area of WA do you live in?

Bigbudda
#5 Posted : 5/24/2013 1:42:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
the close up pics are a little hard to look at as they are quite blurry - but that is not a subspecies of acuminata...there are a few variants of Acuminata - the narrow phyllode variant, the small seed variant and the broader lead variant... as well as what could argueable be called a subspecies "Acacia Burkitti" (it could also be called another species in its own right though)

Acuminata falls into a family of over 250 acacias called julifloreae.. each species in this section are differentiated by their own taxanomic qualities. and any tree in this family does not fall under classification of being a subspecies of acuminata. for the above tree to be clissified as acacia acuminata it needs to fit the profile for identification.. yellow rod flowers, linear seed pods, curled or "acuminate" tips of phyllodes, rough trunk bark...

what area of WA do you live in?

Okay thanks a lot for the input, I don't believe I have the right tree at all the bark isn't rough at all and as you said the flowering are are supposed to be cylinder shaped, in this case it's not.

I live close to CBD area roughly 30km north.

Any suggestions where to find the species, I have heard of some located in York.

acacian
#6 Posted : 5/24/2013 1:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know any specific locations and we are not supposed to post any on this site.. though this page is good for information on general whereabotus of the species. Remember if you do find one, do not take trunk bark.. it can be devastating to the tree - and the phyllodes are perfectly good to use at around 1% dmt so just use them... a member here is already extracting dmt from the phyllodes of his homegrown 3 yr old trees. I would suggest doing the same! good luck!

Bigbudda
#7 Posted : 5/24/2013 1:56:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:
I don't know any specific locations and we are not supposed to post any on this site.. though this page is good for information on general whereabotus of the species. Remember if you do find one, do not take trunk bark.. it can be devastating to the tree - and the phyllodes are perfectly good to use at around 1% dmt so just use them... a member here is already extracting dmt from the phyllodes of his homegrown 3 yr old trees. I would suggest doing the same! good luck!

Yeah I never originally was going to de bark the trees, it's sad to too part or our native wildlife destroyed by impatient people.
Thanks for all the help.