We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Leaving my home country and would love to hear your thoughts Options

۩
#1 Posted : 5/7/2013 11:10:20 PM

I have decided to leave my home country that I have spent a quarter of a century in. I never thought I would do this but something is egging me on. I will be traveling with a very good friend of mine. I am posting this here because I think very highly of you all and would love your input in regards to where you have been in the world, where you would recommend going, what you would do if you were in a similar situation, and also because there are some of you who I would love to meet up with. Send me a PM if you would like to meet up somewhere in the world or if we could at least meet up for a cup of coffee and stay with you for a night. We are leaving at the end of this year.

I honestly do not know how long I plan on being gone. That is kind-of the point. I have it pretty good where I am but I feel a deep desire to at least test the possibilities of the world and what I am capable of doing with it. I am not so much interested in the escapism aspects of the trip but more so just seeing what is possible, having fun along the way, and seeing what other places in the world are like. Maybe it will just show me I was already home. Maybe I will never come back. I have no idea but I am very excited about this. I can't stop thinking about it and am constantly reminding myself to just be present in the moment and take it one step at a time.

What else is there to say? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and discussing this more with you as the plan unfolds over the coming months.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 5/7/2013 11:20:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

۩ wrote:
Maybe it will just show me I was already home. Maybe I will never come back. I have no idea but I am very excited about this.

That's the essence of the journey, in three sentences. And it's contagious.

I'm sincerely happy for you. I would have loved to do something like this, and it's still one damn good reason to grow to old age.

Aren't you just flooded by the possibilities? Anywhere you want to head to first? Any direction?

lobo
#3 Posted : 5/8/2013 12:08:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think everybody like to do the same in some point of the life...Big grin

If you come to Argentina... your welcome Thumbs up !!

DeMenTed
#4 Posted : 5/8/2013 2:25:16 AM

Barry

Sounds like quite the adventure house. If you come to Scotland i'll show you where the loch ness monster hangs out Pleased

Infinite I
#5 Posted : 5/8/2013 9:25:22 AM

JC

If you come to the main city in south Vietnam theres a spare bed going! I love cambodia such a great place, relaxed attitudes, cheap, amazing architecture. Also love india, best food in the world there but not so great infrastructure, similiar to cambodia in that respects though sometimes such things are cool. Also love vietnam been here for a while now so if you ever decide to come this direction im happy to help! Also forget scotland its cold and miserable Big grin Razz

Hiyo Quicksilver
#6 Posted : 5/8/2013 5:59:40 PM

just some guy

FLY TRUE, OH HOLY JAVELIN!

Best of luck, stay safe, and have the time of your life. It sounds like you're doing just what you want, and that's great to hear. If your travels ever take you as far as the Tahoe Sierras, my couch is your couch. Razz

I love ya Jav. I hope your journeys are more wonderful than you could ever imagine, and the world treats you just right.

Happy Trails! Wink

HG

anonenium
#7 Posted : 5/20/2013 7:12:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

are you doing this just to travel or are you planning on settling down?

Enoon
#8 Posted : 5/21/2013 8:07:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

sounds like a great plan house.

Any place is really a good place to start, so long as it's not home, as it's different. I've been to china and japan on distinct occasions and really enjoyed my stays there, because the differences in cultures are just so overwhelming. My bf has been to Tanzania and Kenia and won't stop telling me about just what a great experience it was traveling through these two countries.

For professional reasons I'm looking to travel to the carribbean this fall/winter or to indonesia/thailand (or similar locations around that area). Perhaps I'll see you around. Do keep us updated on your traveling plans.

BTW leaving your home country is an amazing experience, especiall if you do it for a longer period of time.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

۩
#9 Posted : 5/22/2013 11:37:12 AM

vodsel wrote:
Aren't you just flooded by the possibilities? Anywhere you want to head to first? Any direction?

I don't know yet. I am going to play it by ear and follow my intuition and see how things progress over the next few months. All I know is I want to see what else is possible with this planet and my life and just get some writing done along the way.

Thank you all for the well wishes and advice it's greatly appreciated. I will definitely be in touch with ya'll more soon.

anonenium wrote:
are you doing this just to travel or are you planning on settling down?

Funny you should ask. Lately I don't know what it is. My hormones are raging or something. I feel like a completely different person. All I want to do is settle down. Before I do I at least want to see what else is possible in the world. And at least get to see how other parts of the world simply are. I feel so sheltered and saturated with propaganda it's not even funny.

I love ya too Hiyo Smile

On a semi-unrelated note: lately I have been drifting away from entheogens. I haven't used cannabis in over a month, which is something I have not done in 12 years I think. I can't really remember. Big grin I drank some ayahuasca recently and it was nice. I feel so happy and fortunate for having experienced introverted traveling so early on in my life. Without a doubt all of those moments are with me forever and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ringworm
#10 Posted : 5/22/2013 12:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
On a semi-unrelated note: lately I have been drifting away from entheogens. I haven't used cannabis in over a month, which is something I have not done in 12 years I think. I can't really remember. Big grin I drank some ayahuasca recently and it was nice. I feel so happy and fortunate for having experienced introverted traveling so early on in my life. Without a doubt all of those moments are with me forever and I wouldn't have it any other way.

That is normal. Cannabis becomes a crutch, instead of doing things, you just smoke. After overuse of psychedelics I took a good break, probably 6-7 years off. It makes coming back much better. Tho as it is now, I do not need any sort of frequent use, it is more useful as a reminder and to keep me on my path.

Either way, good luck in your travels. Make sure after visiting all the different countries and cultures you take the time to travel in your own country, there is much to see in this land, mountains, rainforests, deserts, etc.

later
rw
"We're selling more than a cracker here," Krijak said. "We're selling the salty, unctuous illusion of happiness."

Mickey_Mouse_33
#11 Posted : 5/22/2013 2:10:36 PM
Energy is eternal delight

۩ wrote:

Semi-unrelated question, have you started doing something else instead? Meditation, yoga or some other practice?
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

Metanoia
#12 Posted : 5/23/2013 7:42:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been experiencing a touch of the wanderlust lately too. I want to travel to certain countries and see how life differs from the only life I've known my entire life. Canada can be a boring place at the best of times Smile And lately I've been seeing how a lot of my fellow Canadians are just poor copies of many Americans. They want so desperately to be American, and I'm the complete opposite. I've also felt the need to get as far away from North America as I can. Tough times ahead for the world, certainly, but I think there's going to be some particularly nasty stuff going on in this part of the world. Just a feeling, but I've learned never to ignore my gut.

I want to see The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland...very beautiful places.

I want to see much of the Amazon as well, but there's no danger of me staying in that climate for more than a visit Smile My blood is too thick for that kind of heat.

Good luck in wherever your travels take you Pleased