We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2122232425NEXT
If you're having trouble getting crystals from acrb, use this tek (thick-light) Options

cyb
#441 Posted : 5/10/2013 7:01:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I have a worrying feeling that bunk bark is becoming the norm...
Not all the fault of the suppliers, more the fault of the point of origin, cashing in on the 'new craze' and sending whatever they feel like.

It's a problem to be weary of.

Come back mimosa...we loved you.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nen888
#442 Posted : 5/13/2013 8:07:44 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

cyb wrote:
I have a worrying feeling that bunk bark is become the norm...
Not all the fault of the suppliers, more the fault of the point of origin, cashing in on the 'new craze' and sending whatever they feel like.

It's a problem to be weary of.

Come back mimosa...we loved you.

..it's probably a good idea to compare suppliers in that section, but i suspect that 'cash in' factor may be it..
and the point of origin may not have proper ID skills..shame for whatever tree was wasted..

true confusa should be fairly consistent, even if there's nmt in there..

until recently i'd never heard of 'not working' A. confusa..
suppliers should check very carefully ID verification (photos of flower/pod at right time of year) as well as ethics at work in the harvesting..

for mass popularity though, until people have good confusa plantations, and with diminished mimosa, i see Phalaris AQ1 or big medicine as the way forward..

devol
#443 Posted : 5/13/2013 9:13:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just want to say THANK YOU to Thick-Light for posting this tek! The ACRB I got was the real deal, from Hawaii and produced amazing results on my first attempt at extracting ever. I did slightly tweak a few things as I was going along please chime in if you think I can improve what I'm doing. Sorry for the lack of pics.

Started with 500g whole Hawaiian ACRB.
Soaked in distilled water, froze and thawed twice then I blended while wet till finely shredded.
Boiled in 2000ml water (same as soak) and 150ml white vinegar for 2 hours, collected and repeated 4 times and reduced collected liquid to 1200ml.
Based till black after sitting at room temp.
Added 500ml naphtha and shook vigorously 10x letting layers separate fully in between (burped the bottle each time and kept bottle in water bath whole time).
Final agitation was just a few rolls of the jar then waited till all the red lines were gone before I decanted. I repeated this twice and combined the collections.

The results
I had 5.5g of crystals drop out withing an hour at room temp! I have the rest of the naphtha in the freezer precipitating the rest now. Of the 5.5 I had a little over a g of SUPER fluffy slightly of white needles, just over 2 g of a slightly darker light beige super fluffy needles and just over a g of darker orange/tan smaller chunkier crystals.

We tried the fluffs and we had to consume a LARGE amount to break through but the experience was awesome and my buddy said that he felt my presence there with him inside the layers of energy helping guide him along with all the other entities that he encountered. I though that was pretty cool because I had tried to impart as much of myself into the spice as I could. As for myself it was very mellow as I didn't quite take as much as my buddy.

I was not happy with how MUCH we needed to break through so this is what I did to solve the problem. I tried a .02 of the new spice and it was MUCH more powerful, MUCH!

I took all my fluff and I spread it out on a flat piece of glass that was about 4mm thick. I spread the fluff about 5mm thick then I heated from below with a lighter just enough to melt the spice into liquid. I was VERY careful not to over heat it. I let it cool and sprinkled a TINY amount of fluff crystals and then the puddle started to crystallize. What I scraped up was a shade darker than what I had started with. I'm not sure how much we did at my buddy's place while sampling but I ended up with just over 4.75g of spice was much, much denser and the entire experience was faster coming on and is what I'm used to with mimosa extract. Again thank you Thick-Light.

shanedudddy2
#444 Posted : 5/13/2013 9:19:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Starting to wonder if Australia`s heat treatment for imported bark is screwing me over.
Anyone had experience with Confusa from Australia?
Evidence on the web says that it heat to 85c, which I read in salt form, should be fine for DMT...but I am running out of possible answers to my problems...

lutherarkwright93
#445 Posted : 5/13/2013 7:47:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have witnessed fantastic results from this tek.
Thus far 3 grams from approx. 250g bark.
Recipe was followed to a T, though one less boil was run, only 4 pulls total (3 grams was from the first 3 pulls. The 4th is in progress). Less shaking with each pull, also.

1st pull: Naptha turned milky as it was poured off. This never clung to the jar, but thickened and precipated. Jar was placed in the freezer for 2 days then poured through a coffee filter. This yielded 2g of light beige-gold crystalline ( not unlike light colored vermiculite) material.

Second pull: .8g, though a small amount of dark discoloration precipitated after decanting (a turkey baster is being used to pull naptha). Crystals developed heavily on jar this time, but included some red/dark hues that are clearly from the tiny amount of based solution. Plans are underway to purify.

3rd pull only yielded .25g.

4th pull: solution was salted and heated before naptha was poured in.
Left to sit overnight, crystals developed throughout the naptha layer.
This was several days ago. The solution has been sitting for a long time. There is no immediately available info on the downsides of leaving naptha in the solution for long periods, but one might guess that it is going to cause some funkiness.

Now to re-shake and pull, throwing in the tainted crystals from the second pull and then washing with H2O to clean up (any better ideas on cleaning up this last pull would be greatly appreciated).

The used naptha has a deep yellow hue to it. This will probably be used one more time on the other 250g Acacia trunk bark before being evapped onto an herb mix.

Thank you Thick-Light.
I also am convinced that the key is trunk bark and proper sourcing.

"there are three green trees in North Carolina worth lying under, if you ask me."
Anonymous Auction Attendee

If anyone can offer info regarding letting naptha sit in solution longer than usual, or cleaning and refining a naptha pull, please post here or pm. Thanks to all.

SWIM1969
#446 Posted : 5/14/2013 10:52:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tek! this other person is a bit worried about quality spice. She's never done it before and really looking to break out. Seems from this thread that the hawaiian acrb root bark produces quality spice? She's not too worried about xtals only quality end product.

Bigsuccabusta
#447 Posted : 5/14/2013 11:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:
Seems bunk bark from 1 of my 2 test orders to 2 new suppliers. *grumbles*
I really don`t know what is going on here...my method has remained the same amongst all extraction procedures. (from times of success to failure)
This time I got a cloudy mixture of naptha, that will not precipitate, but was cloudy, then didn`t crystalise in the freezer.
I then evapped it to goo, and smoked that, very mild effects, and minute quantities of goo (especially after a recrystal).
What would happen in times when I had success extracting (my first ever times performing an extraction), was that I would get an amber thick goo, that had embedded crystals, like if you leave honey for aaagges.
This is just simply goo, without any crystals...or next to none.

I have my remaining test order to go...hope that is more successful.
Grasping at straws trying to understand. Hard to really bring up any of this stuff with suppliers, specially when people here seem to be having success (which I can`t understand from my perspective).
Cheers

This has happened to me before a few times, I don't know if it's the same issue because it only happens on like 10% of the pulls I've done, every other pull I've had has crystatalized fine.

Anyways, when it's happened to me, the naptha has stayed super milky for like a few days in the freezer without any crystalizing. If nothing comes out after a few days, I'll take it out of the freezer, leave it at room temp slightly uncovered for 2 hours, recover it, and put it back in for another 2 hours. Keep doing that and it will come out eventually. Also I don't know if this was just some weird anomaly, but one time when the crystals wouldnt drop, I left it slightly uncovered in the freezer, and let it evap in the freezer over like a week, and I ended up with a really good pull.

shanedudddy2
#448 Posted : 5/14/2013 11:48:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mmmm yeah, I also think that Shellite these days could be horrendous for doing initial pulls, that possibility has crossed my mind as well.
My remainder bark is going to be absolutely pulverized to oblivion in the blender, then pulled with warm toluene, and then I`m going to bio-essay the evapped goo.
Then I will try to re-xtal the goo in minimal about of hot Shellite, and try freeze precip, leaving it in the freezer for 48 hours.

jimmy4fingers
#449 Posted : 5/15/2013 12:07:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:
Mmmm yeah, I also think that Shellite these days could be horrendous for doing initial pulls, that possibility has crossed my mind as well.
My remainder bark is going to be absolutely pulverized to oblivion in the blender, then pulled with warm toluene, and then I`m going to bio-essay the evapped goo.
Then I will try to re-xtal the goo in minimal about of hot Shellite, and try freeze precip, leaving it in the freezer for 48 hours.

If the naphtha is turning milky but not crystallizing, a technique I saw on the MIT chem videos was to scratch the surface with a needle which somehow gives the crystals a place to start growing.

A stab in the dark I know but it might just work.

Bigsuccabusta
#450 Posted : 5/15/2013 1:32:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shanedudddy2 wrote:

I've never worked w Shellite, but for me hot naphtha did not recrystallize a good portion of the goo, hot 99% isopropyl alcohol worked much better

shanedudddy2
#451 Posted : 5/15/2013 4:29:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shellite is an Australian brand of Naptha.
It is commonly considered not the best for extractions, at least these days, but no real alternative that I know is cheap, easily available and freeze precip Razz
Not sure where I can get 99% isopropyl alcohol...only ever seen 70% or so..maybe 91%
Would LOVE to hear from any Australians who have had any experience with Confusa!

devol
#452 Posted : 5/15/2013 7:16:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Looks like the freezer precipitation has turned out a lot of light yellow chalky looking chunks and some paste that was the same color. Not sure whats there but it looks heavy.

Cavemen
#453 Posted : 5/16/2013 6:03:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trying this tek now with around 50 grams of rootbark, will update later.

If I wanna save some of my 'spent' bark to try cooking in the future, can I just store it in the fridge?

shanedudddy2
#454 Posted : 5/16/2013 12:45:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bioessay of my evapped goo, and what previously freeze precipitated out the freezer...feels nearly exclusively NMT.
Or, since people hate me saying that, a psychoactive substance that is very unlike DMT.
Anyone know of a simple way to purify this? since NMT isn`t supposed to be very soluble in Naptha...or should I just heat it more?

JourneyToJah
#455 Posted : 5/16/2013 4:13:01 PM

Free Spirit

I used this tek for A. retinodes. The only thing I misunderstood was the boil 4 times and then reduce all the liquid; I did separate boils.

The naphtha pulled was really transparent and seemed clear. This morning (20 hours in the freezer) it was starting to drop a milky white cloudy liquid-goo.

As I did the boils and the pulls separately I also used way too much solvent ( 300 ml per pull ) so I guess its oversaturated.

Will come back with the end results.

Thanks for sharing Thick-Light.

Peace and love.
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

c13
#456 Posted : 5/20/2013 3:59:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

greetings
i was going to use a/b with
HCL
Heptane defat
Naphtha extract
KOH

Any thoughts on using strong Acid & Base ?
Also should i prepare the Acacia confusa root bark as MHRB using only the inner root bark ?
Is there an inner bark in Acacia confusa as with MHRB ?
Was also thinking of doing 1 Kerosene defat before the Heptane ?
c13

MagicGing
#457 Posted : 5/22/2013 4:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone have a clue what this is in swims acacia c 2nd pull with naptha? The first pull yielded one dose, he said. He also said at the time te pic was taken, the naptha was at room temp overnight

Theres prolly alks in there, yet theres some kind of holey jello like substance (fats i think)

Is this the yellow goo? Or should he backsalt?
MagicGing attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,483kb) downloaded 408 time(s).
image.jpg (1,102kb) downloaded 402 time(s).
image.jpg (1,200kb) downloaded 403 time(s).
โ€œThe swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

MagicGing
#458 Posted : 5/22/2013 6:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He said thats after it was in the freeze for about 4 hours
MagicGing attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,531kb) downloaded 410 time(s).
โ€œThe swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

SWIM1969
#459 Posted : 5/26/2013 9:25:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The person I know says he would try to clean it up with a recrystallization and try it out. He's a noob though. He wishes he got even that from acrb. Sad

oldsoul
#460 Posted : 5/28/2013 2:35:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone ever seen this kind of a black film develop while reducing their boil?
oldsoul attached the following image(s):
20130527_183049.png (952kb) downloaded 686 time(s).

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

«PREV2122232425NEXT