We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7891011NEXT
The Mescaline Extraction Thread Options

Luuk
#161 Posted : 12/29/2011 4:19:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

We've done 69ron's mescaline extraction, and now we have 560 mg crude acetate. Can anyone make an educated guess about the purity?
Luuk attached the following image(s):
mesc.jpg (150kb) downloaded 949 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#162 Posted : 12/29/2011 12:00:17 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Luuk wrote:
We've done 69ron's mescaline extraction, and now we have 560 mg crude acetate. Can anyone make an educated guess about the purity?

I currently have about the same result from my cactus extraction. My guess is that the brownish color is from sugars that are caramelized during the heating/evaporation. I evaporated the extracted vinegar overnight in a food dehydrator at 60C and in the morning it was all brownish like yours.

I'm not sure what the purity will be, I heard some people state about 50% but that is probably just a guestimate. I will bioassey my results this coming Sunday and will let you know the results. I plan on taking a large dose, about 1g 'dirty' mescaline-acetate total.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

DoingKermit
#163 Posted : 12/29/2011 3:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I evaporated mine in my fan assisted oven (about 70 degrees) and on my stove and got light brown waxy acetate, but it wasn't from using 69ron's tek. I used the sunflower oil tek. I cleaned it up with MEK and its now an off white powder (pic is on this page). Bioassay will be saturday night with about 150-200mg, but will have some 50mg boosters just in case it is in fact weak. It tastes really bitter/sour though, so i'm hoping its decent.

I thought I read 69ron say that heat shouldn't make a difference to final texture, but I'm not sure if that's true. I did use a fan when the liquid got down to about 5ml, so that may have helped.

Have a great weekend! and happy trails Smile

Luuk
#164 Posted : 12/29/2011 9:15:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good to hear there are more people taking mescaline for newyearSmile We'll just eat the impure acetate and post here how it went.

Have a good one!

ganjaman
#165 Posted : 1/5/2012 7:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

I'm not sure what the purity will be, I heard some people state about 50% but that is probably just a guestimate. I will bioassey my results this coming Sunday and will let you know the results. I plan on taking a large dose, about 1g 'dirty' mescaline-acetate total.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Have you bioasseyed your acetate traveler? Im very interested in how it went.

evil804
#166 Posted : 5/15/2012 9:22:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

odd experience - i did a STB on 150G cactus powder last summer using limonene as my solvent. I salted out acetates from the solvent with 150ml vinegar 10+ times or so, until i was only getting a few traces of alkaloids with each vinegar pull on the last few so i figured it was spent. The limonene was expensive, so i held on to it with the intention to clean it up and reuse it for future extractions. After a year of sitting, i finally got around to cleaning it up and added an equal volume of vinegar to limonene, about 350ml, and the limonene went from a bright yellow to a drab murky clear! i went ahead and evaporated the now cloudy vinegar, and ended up with another 500mg of acetates! i tasted a tiny bit, and it was that familiar bitterness! W00T!!!

hold on to the solvent! for some reason, some straggler alkaloids were left behind despite repeated saltings, and only want to come out and play after being in there for close to a year.

Edit - got around to trying out the ancient alks, it was mostly another alkaloid after the first pull of the second round of saltings but still had some mescaline present it seems. i knew it was something else than what my early pulls yielded based on the texture/smell/lack of crystal sparkle so i dosed higher than normal. 1G of acetates provided a pleasant 8 hour body high, like i would expect from thresh hold dose of mescaline. it seems like an endless supply, after a appreciable first salting multiple salts after the initial one kept yielding around 200mg or so of this mystery goop. i am on the 5th salting of this since the second round of saltings and the vinegar is cloudy again, and i am just trying to clean up my limonene in hopes of recycling it for another extraction! might do a basic wash after this one to see if i can get the dull yellow out of my limonene, hate to toss it since its such a great universal solvent for so many different molecules and pretty expensive.

mew
#167 Posted : 8/1/2012 6:12:55 AM

huachumancer

Luuk wrote:

this is why i went back to hcl

1 part 33% hcl solution mixed with 2 parts water = 10%hcl
one part 10% hcl plus 5 parts water = perfect salting solution

stir before use

evap after saltings, wash with cold dry acetone to yield tan flowing powder

much prettier and exact of a product for the home chemist

curious1
#168 Posted : 8/12/2012 2:31:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried rons acetate tek once and also returned to HCL.

it was truly a pain to work with that goo.
Love

ancientpledge
#169 Posted : 12/6/2012 4:55:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

It's been a long time for SWIM but he is finally in the presence of cactus again. SWIM decided he wanted to experience it some more after all this time, even though he felt he was done with psychedelics. In short, he did the crude resin extract like always and SWIM enjoyed it very much.. and now, he's thinking he wants to perform a proper extraction.

Okay so SWIM has tried 69rons d-limonene extract and has never gotten satisfying results. SWIM is thinking he is going to procure some muriatic acid (this is hydrochloric acid right?) properly dilute it and use that instead, with d-limonene. SWIM has calcium hydroxide on hand, however he thinks he also may have some lye. Would you guys say he should stick with calcium hydroxide or go with lye? SWIM doesn't have any pH measuring tools so he's thinking the already measured calcium hydroxide in the recipe is the best way to go.. but am not sure.

Also what is your guys experience with doing d-limonene with HCL? SWIM doesn't want to work with xylene or anything of the sort. D-limonene is much nicer and natural. SWIM just wants to know if it is worthwhile to use.

Thanks for any and all help! Once SWIM is ready to go he will be sure to put up the results.

The Day Tripper
#170 Posted : 12/6/2012 6:25:15 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I would do a alcohol resin tek first. Then take your resin and dissolve it in dilute hcl. Filter out insolubles, and do two more pulls on the insolubles with warm dilute hcl water. Evap down to a cup or so.

No goo, no slime, no stb mess, and you end up with like a cup of watery concentrated cactus extract. If you have a vac flask and a buchner, you can get golden transparent tea that is not slimy in the least this way.

Don't use lime if you do it this way, when i did, it just made its way into the limo and i had to wait days for it to settle. I would use koh/naoh, great results with emulsification seperation using limo, and it doesn't presnt the milky limo problem with lime. I can shake the hell out of a limo/koh basified cactus mixture, and an hour later, assuming its sufficiently basified, its completely seperated.

Hcl works fine with limo, its what i use, just don't salt it with a too acidic solution, or drop concentrated hcl through the limo. Every time i used too much hcl, i got goo. It had plenty of mescaline, but i had to oven dry and acetone wash/water re-x a few times to get that nice light tan color i am used to.

Once again, consider doing a resin tek, then dissolving that in warm dilute hcl and filtering, no goo/slime with cooking, you just soak for a few days and decant, repeat 3-5 times, and evaporate. It works best with dehydrated chips or powder if you can decant well, or don't mind filtering alcohols. I just shred it into 1/4" dried pieces to make decanting easier.

This is my favorite way to extract cactus btw. I won't be making tea again, i really, really, hate the slime/snot crap. Just don't get the plant material wet in the first place and its a breeze.

I really hate the 69ron limo/lime semi-dry tek. You get much better surface contact between the np and the polar phase in a liquid liquid, and when you can concentrate it down without turning it into gooey syrup doing a resin tek first, its very effective and i get pretty decent yeilds this way.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

ipumaestro
#171 Posted : 12/7/2012 2:23:19 AM

catdestined

one step at a time

try just eating it / making tea

then try making a resin from the tea

then try something a bit more complicated

fasipa/xylene is a phenomenal process. it trumps 69rons for this cat
achuma puma

oneistheall
#172 Posted : 1/20/2013 7:56:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acetate is perfect, you just need to make your own acetic acid solution (5%).Forget vinegar, it will render that worthless goo in the picture above.Probably ron'69 used very pure vinegar, but most vinegars in supermarkets have oils,acids and God knows what.His original tech is one of the best out there.If desired (not necessary) it can be purified with MEK.It works every time for a foaf.
im just a blue reindeer, dont listen to me, listen to her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ABIkH7m0s

ipumaestro
#173 Posted : 1/21/2013 2:01:59 AM

catdestined

to make acetic acid solutions one would need acetic acid. where might one acquire that
achuma puma

Ilex
#174 Posted : 1/21/2013 3:05:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pure acetic acid is sold as "glacial acetic acid" and it's not too hard to find through chemical supply companies.

I had a similar issue to what was described by evil804. Several washes with 5% acetic acid (vinegar) were conducted, and each pulled only a miniscule amount of alkaloids. Something 69ron didn't mention in his tek, if you take all of your acetic acid washes, combine them, and then reduce the whole thing under low heat, as the solution becomes highly concentrated crystals of (presumably) mescaline acetate actually crash out of solution. At this point you can collect them by filtration, and they are white to off white in colour, not that amber resin stuff. The yield one got was terrible though - just under 1% from peruvianus.

I think mixing the basifying agent with cactus powder and minimal water is not the ideal method (it seems like it takes awhile for the plant material to digest and alkaloids to move into the non-polar solution). If one were to do it again, would start instead with a concentrated decoction or alcohol extract of the plant material, then work it up from there.

oneistheall
#175 Posted : 1/21/2013 8:07:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5% glacial acetic acid+95% water.
pic is from first pull.peruvianus renders 1.5-2%
hcl is awesome but i dont understand why its favored over acetate all the time, probably because swimmers are using that ol dirty vinegar...
oneistheall attached the following image(s):
mesc2x-1.jpg (65kb) downloaded 494 time(s).
im just a blue reindeer, dont listen to me, listen to her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ABIkH7m0s

Jees
#176 Posted : 1/21/2013 11:38:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Little bump of thread.

ipumaestro
#177 Posted : 1/23/2013 5:42:13 PM

catdestined

try a ph of 3

salt until the collected saltings are a ph of 6

i could be wrong....
achuma puma

hostilis
#178 Posted : 2/26/2013 5:48:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are some beautiful crystals oneistheall.
I'm in the process of doing a mescaline extract right now.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Carrierwave
#179 Posted : 5/7/2013 7:11:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick question, having never handled mesc HCl I am curious if a medium porosity frit in a Buchner funnel would be appropriate for filtration from solvent. I have filter paper so if not, not a big deal. I may be able to answer this question with research but hopefully one of you knows.

dg
#180 Posted : 5/8/2013 2:47:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

short answer- "it depends"

are you gassing out crystal direct from NP?
washing crude crystal w/acetone?

fine filter paper is probably best for most applications

«PREV7891011NEXT