We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT 'the machine'- questions Options

GreyArea
#1 Posted : 3/28/2009 6:51:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to answer my noob questions.

Questions in point:

1) Can I charge the machine with a full breakthrough dose? maybe even 100mg to make sure? If not, whats the limit that will properly evaporate/work/be practical?

1a) What is the best technique for getting 70-100mg of spice onto a 1cm long piece of steel wool? How do you do it?

2) Can I expect to vaporize enough in one light (with butane lighter) to break through? Or will it take several heats? Do I need to 'punch' it hard like a bong, or breathe slowly and deeply?

3) Is a 4mm hole big enough to pull through? Do I need a straw, or can I put my mouth straight to the bottle?

4) As one is lighting underneath the neck of the bottle, is it required to place a finger on the mouth hole or leave it open?

5) If no smoke (at all) comes off my steel wool, does that mean I got the good shit?

6) Why didn't all of the 40mg that was placed in my bubbler actually vaporize? (It just got to a certain point and then receded back into liquid, or it started to burn)

Many thanks
GreyArea

Wut?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 3/28/2009 2:42:26 PM

The Enlightend One

u dont want steel wool use chore boy. light the chore until it changes color then use. You can put as much D as you want on it getting it down is the hard part.Also heat the neck of the bottle until the D melts.No straw is needed. Personally I do not like the machine the taste is terrible but many swear by it. Hope this helps.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

GreyArea
#3 Posted : 3/29/2009 12:00:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Big.
I used some stuff which looks exactly like choreboy. It's marketed as simple 'scourers', and is essentially that stainless steel weave.

I still can't get the technique down. I had a fairly awesome threshold experience, but most of that came from the bubbler that I used after failing the machine.

I couldn't get it to vape at all. It just burned the steel (somehow) that I'd already pre-burned, and wasted me nearly 100mg of spice.

For some reason this my tastes and smell delicious (?)

Buster
#4 Posted : 3/29/2009 4:09:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim usually preheats the steel by having a dummy blast first, then lets it cool for a few seconds with the machine sitting upright
while he splits the dose between two cigarette papers, then he carefully tips the dmt in(remember to leave a small lip to act as a cradle)which
melts in straight away. if you are quick enough repeat with the other half of the dose and that will melt in to without having to hover over it with a flame,which swim usually has to do a little.
Then just turn it round and hit it, put the flame directly on the steel moving round in a circular motion while sucking, be careful tho because the first blast is usually the biggest so hold it as long as you can before blowing out or you might waste some, this is where practise comes in.Through experience you,ll figure out how big a lung full to take.Could clear a good dose 40/50MG in 2 and half hits and then its GOOD NIGHT VEINNA ehe.
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

slym
#5 Posted : 3/29/2009 5:05:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been using a lightbulb pipe so far, and it tends to crystalise on the side of the bulb and the stem.

SWIM is wondering how this is avoided on the machine, because surely there's the whole bottle to catch it?

SWIM had been trying to fill the bowl with smoke, by gently heating the crystals with a normal ligther, and then suck it all in but even a lot of spice didn't seem to give enough smoke (only one lungful and loads left on the side) so he lit it off the stove and started taking in the smoke as soon as it started to come. He was on his way to getting really fucked but it was unbelievably harsh, so harsh that he could barely breathe and couldn't swallow and physically couldn't take any more.

He reckons he must have burnt the spice by giving it too much heat.

Anyway, I presume that all of these problems are avoided by the machine? Do you guys think there's a halfway point to be reached by using a torch lighter on the lightbulb?

Big Inhale
#6 Posted : 3/29/2009 5:23:07 PM

The Enlightend One

Throw the bulb away they suck.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

GreyArea
#7 Posted : 3/30/2009 12:45:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Buster,
That's some great description.
I'm sure many other amateurs will appreciate such specific and detailed advice.

I'm wondering if I had troubles, because mine is a Grand Marnier machine. Possibly, the bottle neck does not conduct even heat because of its irregular shape..
and
I'm not sure about the size of the breathe hole. I could only manage 4mm. It doesn't seem to create a vacuum no matter what I do.

Once you have a vapor rolling off the liquid, can you simply keep toking to bring more vapor? That's how it seemed to happen with the bubbler. OR does it require more heat?

Also, holding the flame right at the opening and pulling.. Could that have incidentally got me high from the butane?

THanKS