We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acetone ? Options

Big Inhale
#1 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:28:37 PM

The Enlightend One

Can you freeze precip acetone or do you have to evap for a recrystallization.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:44:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can't freeze precipitate in it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:50:05 PM

The Enlightend One

Thank you. is it a quick evap or slow.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:52:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

apply some heat and a fan and it will evap in no time...its best to keep it slightly warm though because it evaporates so quickly that it will chill the container you are evaporating it in..and cause water to condense on it..which you dont want..so keep it warm and use a fan..it will be gone in less than 20 minutes...depending on the quantity..but it will stink
it's a sound

Big Inhale
#5 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:55:03 PM

The Enlightend One

Jorkest wrote:
apply some heat and a fan and it will evap in no time...its best to keep it slightly warm though because it evaporates so quickly that it will chill the container you are evaporating it in..and cause water to condense on it..which you dont want..so keep it warm and use a fan..it will be gone in less than 20 minutes...depending on the quantity..but it will stink
Thank you much appreciated
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

Big Inhale
#6 Posted : 3/25/2009 7:51:01 PM

The Enlightend One

In step 6 of the harmine crystals from syrian rue tek that is in the Wiki can swim substitute acetone for the methyl/ethyl alcohol.
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 3/25/2009 10:43:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done an evap test on his new acetone, that wasn't the cheapest because it was meant to be 'pure'.

The annoying stuff left a dark yellow ring around the white cup he did it in, and a similar puddle stain in the bottom.
SWIM then tested some old acetone that he's had for 5 years, and that stuff also left a yellow stain, but less than the 'pure' stuff!

Argh! This is postponing important experiments! Is this normal for acetone? Sad

SWIM is doing his tests in little china coffeecups. He's sure he cleaned them to a sparkly white before the evap tests so he doesn't think it's tea residue.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Big Inhale
#8 Posted : 3/26/2009 12:26:33 PM

The Enlightend One

Big Inhale wrote:
In step 6 of the harmine crystals from syrian rue tek that is in the Wiki can swim substitute acetone for the methyl/ethyl alcohol.
Anyone ?
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 3/26/2009 9:17:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just didn't think mine wasn't enough of a question for its own thread so I put it in yours.

Somebody help us!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Big Inhale
#10 Posted : 3/27/2009 1:55:59 AM

The Enlightend One

ohayoco wrote:
I don't know. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just didn't think mine wasn't enough of a question for its own thread so I put it in yours.

Somebody help us!
Yes please assistance is needed.
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

Big Inhale
#11 Posted : 3/28/2009 1:51:24 PM

The Enlightend One

Big Inhale wrote:
Big Inhale wrote:
Anyone ?

Please help. Someone. Crying or very sad
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

neurorocket
#12 Posted : 3/29/2009 5:36:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if you can use acetone instead of methyl/ethyl alcohol. But denatured alcohol (which is ethanol with some methanol added to it) is pretty easy to get. Just go to an Ace or Home Depot and they should have quart to gallon sized containers. (I know this doesn't really answer the question but I thought it might be helpful).

Big Inhale
#13 Posted : 3/29/2009 10:11:02 PM

The Enlightend One

Thank you I didnt think anyone was going to resond
RZA

None Of This Is Real!