We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Bye-Bye Choreboy Options

gibran2
#1 Posted : 4/23/2013 1:09:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Although the copper “Choreboy” discs I’ve been using in my GVG for years work very well, I’ve found something that works even better: small ceramic foam discs made of the same material as the GVG filter/diffuser. They are meant for use with another type of vaporizer, but work great with the GVG. The discs are silicon carbide foam, about 11mm in diameter and about 6mm thick. The quality of the foam isn’t as nice as the GVG filter (coarser with many pores not open), but they only cost $5 each (10 for $30).

The discs are large enough to fully cover the opening in the base of the GVG chamber, yet small enough to minimize contact with the sides of the glass.

To load, I get a pre-measured dose ready on a fold of paper, heat the disc outside of the GVG (not too hot), then carefully pour the dose onto it. It melts right in. Then I put the disc in the GVG using a tweezers so it stays right-side up.

I put the GVG top-piece in place, and it’s ready to go. It’s just as effective as the copper mesh, seems like it’s even harder to overheat, and there’s no possibility of metal “fumes” or metallic taste that seems to worry some.

Very effective and efficient.

Flavor Disc
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
ceramic foam disc.jpg (33kb) downloaded 4,417 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mailorderdiety
#2 Posted : 4/23/2013 2:34:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow! from heavy metal awesome shiny copper to space shuttle heat tile hyperspace efficiency! i love it!

Dreamwalker
#3 Posted : 4/23/2013 3:37:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice!

I've seen these before but never thought to incorporate it into the GVG.

Its cool that its just the right size!

How many uses do you think you can get out of one disk?

anrchy
#4 Posted : 4/23/2013 5:54:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would assume if you cleaned it this would last forever. Gibran, how does it effect airflow restriction? Same as copper disc?

After a certain amount of hits it probably clogs up a little, but soaking in ISO would probably clean it real well. How much space is there between it and the glass? Could you fit a thin diameter metal ring around it to keep it centered?
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Global
#5 Posted : 4/23/2013 11:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely going to try this. Thumbs up
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gibran2
#6 Posted : 4/23/2013 12:56:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
I would assume if you cleaned it this would last forever. Gibran, how does it effect airflow restriction? Same as copper disc?

After a certain amount of hits it probably clogs up a little, but soaking in ISO would probably clean it real well. How much space is there between it and the glass? Could you fit a thin diameter metal ring around it to keep it centered?

It’s just the right size so that air flow is not really restricted at all. I wouldn’t put any rings around it – they’d just draw DMT toward the glass. No need to keep it centered – it’s sized just right so that no matter where it is, the opening at the bottom of the GVG chamber is always fully covered.

Since it’s ceramic, the best way to clean it is to blast it with a torch lighter until it begins to glow. If handled gently, one disc could last forever.

One thing I didn’t mention – I don’t put a screen in the GVG when using these. The screen would raise it above the base of the bowl too much and allow air to flow around it rather than through it.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

---ooo0ooo---
#7 Posted : 4/23/2013 3:32:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely going to try this. Thumbs up

Me too. Thanks for the tip!

Smile 0.

Swinjin
#8 Posted : 4/23/2013 5:06:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome find. I will be ordering these ASAP. I have just been melting the spice into the ceramic filter but I feel like this will work much better.

smokerx
#9 Posted : 4/23/2013 7:02:48 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

gibran2 wrote:
they only cost $5 each (10 for $30).

Great find Gibran2 but its $20 for delivery to Europe Sad
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

3rdI
#10 Posted : 4/23/2013 7:12:23 PM

veni, vidi, spici

smokerx wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

The price is not nice but for spice only a precise device will suffice.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

hostilis
#11 Posted : 4/23/2013 7:15:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome. I just finally ordered a couple Chore Boy scrubbers and now this comes out!

*FacePalm*

Heh.

I will order one now I think.

Is it easy to get a whole 30 mg down in one hit when using this as a filter?
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 4/23/2013 7:33:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awesome. Thanks for the tip, mang!

smokerx
#13 Posted : 4/23/2013 7:53:34 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

hostilis wrote:
Awesome. I just finally ordered a couple Chore Boy scrubbers and now this comes out!

That's what he does to us Big grin I got my Chore Boy from US. Now I will very probably get this filter as well , thanks gibran2 Thumbs up
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

gibran2
#14 Posted : 4/24/2013 12:29:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hostilis wrote:
Is it easy to get a whole 30 mg down in one hit when using this as a filter?

I’d say it’s about as easy as with copper mesh, but I’m a bit more aggressive with the heat.

Another nice thing – if you have several, you can preload them and use them whenever you get the calling. My recent “I didn’t think it was possible” experience was with a disc I loaded in mid-January.

No Knowing
#15 Posted : 4/24/2013 1:14:32 AM

fool adept

@gibran2....You have outdone even yourself....I was thinking something like this would be the best option when people spoke of smoking from on top of the carbon filter or in Healthstone Glass. Kudos to you for kneeling to a new method.

@3rdI.....AWESOME RYHME

See you all on the other side.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

Francois
#16 Posted : 4/24/2013 1:46:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is amazing, thank you yet again! I got my choreboy thanks to your advice and now you've showed the way again.

Anyone ordered these to the UK/Europe yet? I see postage is fairly expensive but as long as there's not a subsequent charge at customs I think this could be a winner.

Do we know much these can hold? I'm assuming more than one would want to vape?

mailorderdiety
#17 Posted : 4/25/2013 6:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
smokerx wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

The price is not nice but for spice only a precise device will suffice.

literally laughing out loud!!!!

ZenSpice
#18 Posted : 4/25/2013 6:27:51 PM

Mostly Ignored

Awww I hope I can find these in the UK. I used my trichome scope on some glass deposits on the inside of my machine and in those little circles that collect up there was LOADS of tiny black flecks Shocked

I use coarse wire scrubbing wool that's free from detergents. It's the cleanest thing I have found round these parts (not thin .5mm brillo pad stuff, the 3mm wider stuff).

These look WAY better.

Dreamwalker
#19 Posted : 4/26/2013 2:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Received five disks in the mail today. My first thought was "Wow, these are a lot smaller than I expected."

Dropped one into the GVG and had a second thought.
"Wow, Gibran was right!"

These are the perfect size!! Haven't had the time to test it out yet but will update when I do.

Thanks Gibran!!
Thumbs up

SeekerOfTruths
#20 Posted : 4/27/2013 7:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice, i always fight with getting the copper disc just right. This will be interesting to try for sure.

Many Thanks Once Again Gibran Smile

123NEXT»