We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
D-limonene in Lemon Oil Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 3/26/2009 4:07:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to use lemon oil in the place of d-limonene? It is very high in d-limonene, readily available, and very cheap compared to d-limonene(Well, I'm from Canada and shipping from greenterpene is excessive...). Is there a reason nobody has tried it yet?

I know lemon oil is used to renew shine on furniture, meaning it leaves something behind, but i'd imagine d-limonene does too. Suggestions?

Anyone else noted that d-limonene is carcinogenic to males?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 3/26/2009 4:19:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

pretty sure d-limonene can be taken as a supplement..so not sure about that carcinogenic thing
it's a sound

69ron
#3 Posted : 3/26/2009 4:32:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

“WATER PROVES TO BE FATAL IN WATER STUDY!” Yeah right. No one drinks enough water to kill them. But too much can kill you. Always look at how the study was done, because everything, even oxygen is bad for you in excess.

A whole lemon contains 6% d-limonene! Think about that the next time you have a healthy glass of lemonade.

D-limonene was shown to fight cancer in some tests. It's been in the human diet forever in foods considered very healthy for humans to eat so I doubt it’s bad for you in. Many supplements now contain it.

Most of the tests showing negative effects caused by d-limonene were funded by solvent manufacturing companies that are in direct competition with d-limonene. This sort of thing is typical in a world run by profit. So always read the fine print.

Keep in mind that those sorts of tests tend to use amounts many times larger than a human would ever ingest just to prove their point. Even water is bad for you if too much is taken, and actually can be fatal.

Food grade d-limonene is just another name for orange oil. There’s no difference. Orange oil from certain varieties of oranges natural contains more than 95% d-limonene, so it classifies as food grade.

Lemon oil is 90% or more d-limonene and should work just as good as orange oil.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 3/26/2009 7:29:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

69ron
#5 Posted : 3/27/2009 1:33:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just get it on-line in food grade form. It's not at all a watched chemical.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.