We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re: Hello there, I am new to the forum and a couple DMT questions. Options

DimentionsMT
#1 Posted : 3/25/2009 8:02:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello there, I am new to this forum. I joined finding the quality information on DMT extraction. In which I can say I am impressed with this site.

I would like to ask, I have been reading about the d-limonene extractions among other various A/B methods of extraction. I am currious about using "citric" acid, and how effective would this be since citric acid powder is mildly acidic PH3 on the scale. Would this prove to have effective yield in the pulling of DMT from the A/B method as a precursor? for pulling the DMT? I am thinking of going through this method rather then using HCI (Hydrochloric acid) out of personal safety concerns.

Advice on this subject I am sure it has been discussed before in older threads. However I would appreciate a responce.

Thank you for the responcesSmile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

GaveUpOnTV
#2 Posted : 3/25/2009 8:58:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it's the ph that you are after, whatever it takes. Citric acid will take more than HCL, because it 'dissociates' less than HCl. ph is just a logarithmic way of measuring the amount of H+ ions-a ph of 3 has 10 times the amount of H+ ions as a solution with a ph of 4. SWIM used white vinegar for his first batch, and if he remembers right it took roundabouts a cup or so to get to a ph of 3. When I got some 37% HCl, I had to keep on diluting-turns out it took just a few drops to get to a ph of 3. ph meters are cheap (and IMHO, necessary) maybe try amazon.com?
Yeah, it is a awesome site, isn't it?
It sounds like that that d-limonene is a pretty good extracting liquid, and safer than lye/water.

DimentionsMT
#3 Posted : 3/25/2009 12:58:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the info this will help along way. I have read about the vinegar as use for the acid too. I will give those a try and PH test them prior. Must pick up M. Hostilis more root bark soon Smile

DimentionsMT
#4 Posted : 3/26/2009 11:36:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

GaveUpOnTV wrote:
I think it's the ph that you are after, whatever it takes. Citric acid will take more than HCL, because it 'dissociates' less than HCl. ph is just a logarithmic way of measuring the amount of H+ ions-a ph of 3 has 10 times the amount of H+ ions as a solution with a ph of 4. SWIM used white vinegar for his first batch, and if he remembers right it took roundabouts a cup or so to get to a ph of 3. When I got some 37% HCl, I had to keep on diluting-turns out it took just a few drops to get to a ph of 3. ph meters are cheap (and IMHO, necessary) maybe try amazon.com?
Yeah, it is a awesome site, isn't it?
It sounds like that that d-limonene is a pretty good extracting liquid, and safer than lye/water.

Hi there, I think I will go with the citric acid powder, mostly PH2 or PH3 from what I have tested, currently I am conducting my research through this forum regards A/B extractions of M. Hostillis powder, thanks Smile As to amazon yes I do agree, depends on the seller you could say the same for ebay too <heheheh>Smile