We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV8910
Spirit and Psychedelics Options

Agave
#181 Posted : 4/17/2013 3:34:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

embracethevoid wrote:
Indra's Net is indeed the Sky-Net to which I refer Razz

The Grid, it is a very real grid. Even when you are not on psychedelics, it is always present and pulsating unto itself.

Practicing moving your body in alignment with the Grid is the essence of being in line with the Tao. The Grid embodies the paths of least resistance of motion, the most energetically efficient flows. Moving aligned with the Grid, we get the experience of the infinite richness of life and its design and its contents. There is infinite richness in a simple sheet of paper but if we are not looking, all we see is a mere sheet of paper.

I'd like to present this video, I believe it jives with the whole thread:

Watching this video is like being on Ayahuasca, no word of a lie. These are the visuals of 2013 and they have become exceedingly capable of rendering the psychedelic vision into film. I am not lying when I say this: watching this video is literally like being on Ayahuasca. Some of the visuals seem to massage my neurons and bring me into a hyperspace headspace while they are on screen. Profound and deep, if you have the time, watch it. It's all about Indra's Net and how it embeds itself in the fabric and harmony of existence.

I just watched that video last night, completely by chance! I've been trying to connect some dots relating to spirals but like HF said I too think we need to start a new thread and I think I'll do just that because I need Y'alls help figuring this out Drool .
As Within, So Without.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Rising Spirit
#182 Posted : 4/17/2013 5:07:32 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

embracethevoid wrote:
Indra's Net is indeed the Sky-Net to which I refer.

That was a wonderful encapsulation! And yes, it does jive magnificently! It touched on so many of the finer aspects of this fascinating discussion. It's a real keeper! Thumbs up

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Interesting about the Zoroastrian / Akhenaten connection. I don't think I knew about the Nefertiti being from Mitanni bit. I assume that Mitanni is the Ancient Egyptian designation for Persia?

Well, it was common in ancient times to form allegiances with powerful neighbors and the Egyptians were certainly no exception to this survival strategy. Assyria was a big threat, as were the Hittites, so marriages sealed a familial bond in times of great political need. Likewise, Cleopatra was from Macedonia, centuries later.

Mitanni was not ancient Persia, but an extension of the proto Indo-Persian-Aryan culture. It was situated in Anatolian territory, sandwiched between the Hittites and the Assyrians, in the Northern region of the Tigres & Euphrates, circa Akhenaten's time period. Present day northern Iraq and Southern Syria.

My best friend is Armenian and he maintains that the root of the Supreme form if God as Light or the effulgence within fire, were existent long before the Abrahamic tradition adopted much, if not all of it's cosmology ("Let there be Light", The Burning Bush, "If thine eye be single, then thy whole body shall be full of light", etc...). Big grin

Mitanni's cuneiform tablets record mention of Indra and Mithra. The court language was proto-Sanskrit, as well. I suspect technically their form of worship was more likely, existent prior to the Zoroastrian religion, but the Gathas didn't just fall out of the sky, as much of their foundation was already old-hat when Zarathustra synthesized it into his own doctrine.

Bellow is the Royal seal of Mitanni, with the familiar symbol of what would later become known as the Faravahar, the substantiation of God as Light.

Rising Spirit attached the following image(s):
Royal_seal_of_Šauštatar_of_Mitanni.png (141kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
egyptian saying.jpg (150kb) downloaded 202 time(s).
buddha galexy.jpg (87kb) downloaded 85 time(s).
543532_10151673911715134_348042170133_23882518_2091424959_n.jpg (96kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
541093_10151675298300134_814923199_n.jpg (37kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
483970_302644446522312_915546695_n.jpg (245kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
apotheosis_detail.jpg (1,190kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
426941_10151340071097357_776909920_n.jpg (200kb) downloaded 83 time(s).
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Hyperspace Fool
#183 Posted : 4/17/2013 4:09:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks RS

Appreciate the history lesson. I have a huge interest in all of these ancient cultures, and am pretty familiar with the Assyrian and Hittite history. Most of the offshoots from Sumer have proved extremely fascinating.

Thanks as well for those ever so sweet pics. Screen saver folder here we go...

Redguard wrote:

Psychedelics may not directly facilitate spiritual progress on their own but they do have a way of doing it indirectly. I'll explain, when a child is born it is completely innocent and void of knowledge. It doesn't have an ego, its wants and needs are very instinctual. As the child gets older and the brain starts to develop its personality starts to become more apparent. It's sense of self is born. But with this sense of self the ego is also created. Intuition is many times lost at a young age to give over to a more analytical way of processing information and formulating an understanding of the world they live in. Once it goes to school the social conditioning truly begins. Through the social conditioning the ego becomes fully developed.

True spiritual progress and enlightenment begins when ones shed themselves of their social conditioning, overcomes their ego, and learns how to use their intuition once more. Enlightenment cant be understood through analytical processes only one's intuition. Any drug that forces someone to perceive things in a way they never have will opens someone's mind to things they have never considered before. It is only natural.

I agree to some extent.

I think many things in nature follow this Thesis > Antithesis > Synthesis format. In this idea, the pre-conditioned state would be the Thesis. Typical human consciousness the Antithesis, and Awakened Consciousness the Synthesis.

On the other hand, the truly holistic mind was before the Thesis and beyond any Synthesis. I would say that this progression illustrates the creation, programming and eventually the perfection of the egoic self. The TRUE self needs no such progress. It supercedes and transcends everything egoic.

Anyway. Words can't really convey this stuff.

Salut
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Hyperspace Fool
#184 Posted : 4/17/2013 4:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

embracethevoid wrote:

Oh yeah... that's the stuff.

Thanks a bunch for bringing this video up. I have been meaning to watch this for some time now. Space cadet that I can be, I totally forgot that a good friend was raving about it. Naturally, I am sitting down now to watch all four parts. Hehehehe.

[Probably easiest to watch them here http://innerworldsmovie.com/ on the official website FYI]
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

«PREV8910