We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reading: Walter Benjamin on hashish (and mescaline) Options

Michal_R
#1 Posted : 4/12/2013 11:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Still "recovering" from a 500mg mescaline HCl journey, I have been searching for other people´s higher doses reports.

This is how I came across Walter Benjamin, an interesting and influential pre-War thinker on society, architecture and literature. Posthumously published "On Hashish" is a collection of "protocols of drug experiments" written by Benjamin and his co-experimenters in 1927-1934. Most of the time, Benjamin and his colleagues were eating hashish. However, one of the last "trip reports" in the book has been on subcutaneously injected mescaline.

Benjamin, Walter. 2006 (1927-1934). On Hashish. Cambridge (MA): The Belknap Press.

There is also an on-line copy here: http://www.wbenjamin.org/translations.html
The mescaline trip being here: http://www.wbenjamin.org/protocol1.html#XI

I just thought this could be an interesting read to anyone interested in the "old days´" mescaline experiments.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ipumaestro
#2 Posted : 4/13/2013 6:14:00 AM

catdestined

"20 mg. Merck Mescaline subcutaneously in the thigh."
"After 10 minutes an alteration in the mood of the subject's situation occured"

sounds to me mescaline has been understudied in terms of ROA

at 5% of my normal dosage for mild experiences, in 10 minutes this guy can feel whats up. im looking into this, obviously
achuma puma

Michal_R
#3 Posted : 4/16/2013 9:21:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ipumaestro wrote:
"20 mg. Merck Mescaline subcutaneously in the thigh"

That´s what originally caught my attention. 20mg...(!) I suppose those guys didn´t make it up, and that it was the real thing. Although I am able to extract pretty pure mescaline (at least I think so), I would never dare to inject it into my body...

I wonder in anyone here had a chance to experience "injected" mescaline (either subcutaneously, IM, or IV). [I am aware it would be rather difficult - if not impossible - to come across "pure", i.e. synthetic mescaline these days; I suppose that underground labs´ point of interest would be focused somewhere else these days Sad ]