We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HASH EATING AND MAOI DRINK...?SAFE? Options

sidefx
#1 Posted : 8/23/2012 11:19:20 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO HAS KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE WITH

DRINKING AN INHIBITOR, ie. RUE TEA OR CAAPI

AND THEN EATING HASH CANNABIS THC

I know its perfectly safe to have a toke of the herb, but eating THC whilst there is an inhibitor working ?????
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

CLT
#2 Posted : 8/24/2012 12:51:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

THC isn't an amine so in principle it is unaffected by MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors). Of course MAOIs have some psychoactive effects of their own which might potentiate the experience regardless.

sidefx
#3 Posted : 8/29/2012 3:19:33 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

CLT wrote:
THC isn't an amine so in principle it is unaffected by MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors). Of course MAOIs have some psychoactive effects of their own which might potentiate the experience regardless.

OK so cannabis and MAOI is a combination of both highs; and the THC is not changed.

Question to CLT:
With MAOI and LSD, do you know any info on this mixture?

OR MAOI + Psilocybe or Mescaline
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

AlbertKLloyd
#4 Posted : 8/29/2012 3:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MAOI is a very broad category.

Some chemicals/alkaloids with MAOI property do synergize with classic psychedelics like LSD and Mescaline. Harmala alkaloids are a good choice for this.

CLT
#5 Posted : 8/29/2012 6:06:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't personally have any experience with combining MAOI's with LSD/mescaline/psilocybine, but MAOI's will certainly synergize with these compounds and potentiate the experience. The wiki has some info on this Known substance interactions, you should add your experience if you're going to try it out. Also check out the dangers of MAOI's in general on the wiki.

I believe MAOI's combined with these classic psychedelics is generally safe, but start with a low dosage and work your way up. Do not combine MAOI's with MDMA or (other) stimulants (including psychedelic amphetamines), this is dangerous.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 8/29/2012 7:22:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
CLT wrote:

The MAO enzymes break down neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin. Cannabis normally has a very mild dopaminergic effect. Combined with MAOI´s on the other hand, these dopaminergic effects are extremely intensified. So while the levels of cannabinoids in the blood are not affected by MAOI´s, the levels of neurotransmitters they affect, are.

The combo is safe, but it can lead to quite intense and very weird experiences. Increased levels of dopamine make the experience more euphoric, but also less controllable (and possibly more paranoid). The mind runs faster, wilder and stranger than normally.

Drugs that primarily affect dopamine levels (like cocaine or most of the amphetamines)usually have a greater risk of triggering psychosis or cause paranoia, than most other drugs (like alcohol for instance, or heroin).

Daimon
#7 Posted : 4/14/2013 8:33:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Informative thread. =)

Reading this after some experimenting with eating cannabis and using b. caapi extract.

I definately can experience interaction, either psychological or neuro-chemical (or both) when ingesting caapi and cannabis together.

The increase in dopamine-levels seems right to me. The experience was new in many ways. Definately feeling less in control and in periods over-whelmed with intense emotions.

Something, in my opinion, is added by the caapi that creates quite unique states of mind.
"Sane and pragmatic individuals measure our interpretation of reality as reflected by our senses. The psychic or nonsane have the gift of transcending the barrier of the physical body in order to become aware of the pure state of being - that state has no parameters, and is infinite. The divine gift, no matter how slight or great, can be a curse or a blessing depending on the space in which that individual is centered. All that we call reality is merely the point of view of our place in time - that mere fragment of a wheel that has no beginning or end."
- John C. Lilly