We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
is there a definition of godhead or is it purely subjective? Options

nen888
#21 Posted : 11/20/2012 12:53:31 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^^^..the Rama Krishna interpretation is that Brahma is the un-manifest potential of all possibility, while Shakti (or Kala, sanskrit for Time) is the action in space, the unfolding of the potential..

0 does = 2
and 1=3

is there an agreed on definition of 'definition'..?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cellux
#22 Posted : 11/20/2012 3:49:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm striving toward the day when I don't need to search for it any more because I will be living it, in every waking moment of my life. Each day I reduce my attachment to ideas and get closer to direct, first-hand experience. In my opinion, direct experience is the only source which is worth accepting and living by. A woken-up person can have 100% fulfilment from what the senses and the mind perceives in the present moment alone. The torch of desire is blown out not because of some kind of renunciation, but because the person realizes the absurdity of external orientation. While we are holding the belief that the answer is out there somewhere, we will pour all of the energy God provides us with into manifestation, so nothing will be left to illuminate the here-and-now.

Dark_Star
#23 Posted : 11/24/2012 10:05:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I imagine the All (my term for Godhead) as an elaborate puzzle. In this life/world it's broken down into pieces. Each one of us, as well as each animal & plant, is a single piece & experiences life that way. Another way to look at it is as water....and perhaps that's a better analogy. Each one of us (and all life forms) are a drop of water. These drops came from a large body of water, and that's where they'll return. Once a drop of water hits the body of water there in no longer a drop; there is only the body of water. Smile The body of water = the All.
“Was I a criminal? No. I was a good member of society. Only my society and the one making the laws are different.” - Owsley Stanley

VIII
#24 Posted : 11/24/2012 10:17:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The godhead is where I become both zero and one simultaneously.
It is when I reach the finality of beginnings.
It is when all that has become me collapses into itself.

It is where I find that which cannot be seen, but can never be lost.
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

RayTracer
#25 Posted : 11/25/2012 1:37:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My personal opinion is that there aren't any hard-and-fast rules about any of these experiences. Entities come in many different forms etc. I guess a 'godhead' experience could be categorized as any transcendental experience where one feels the presence of the source....whatever that meansSurprised

I know what I consider a godhead experience, but I feel that it is a very subjective experience so I won't bore anyone with the details. However you want to label it...I think ones knows when one has itConfused
I am completely convinced that there is a wealth of information built into us, with miles of intuitive knowledge tucked away in the genetic material of every one of our cells. Something akin to a library containing uncountable reference volumes, but without any obvious route of entry. And, without some means of access, there is no way to even begin to guess at the extent and quality of what is there. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature. - Shulgin

BoyPony
#26 Posted : 4/12/2013 6:30:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RayTracer wrote:
My personal opinion is that there aren't any hard-and-fast rules about any of these experiences. Entities come in many different forms etc. I guess a 'godhead' experience could be categorized as any transcendental experience where one feels the presence of the source....whatever that meansSurprised

I know what I consider a godhead experience, but I feel that it is a very subjective experience so I won't bore anyone with the details. However you want to label it...I think ones knows when one has itConfused

RT-
Some like to categorize experiences of "oneness" or "presence of" as "Godhead experiences".
From my personal experiences......
When IT happens....
I AM GOD.

Not talking to or close to....but the Big Kahuna.

No ifs, ands or buts.

When IT happens it is the most concrete FACT of your human existence.

and it will continue to be until the day you "die".

Namaste!
-BoyPony

Any experiences I or SWIM mention have happened only in my nightly dreams.

Rising Spirit
#27 Posted : 4/12/2013 2:27:49 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

RebornInSmoke wrote:
for me, what it means to me i would say is.... Brahman... The infinite infinite, the Omniverse ॐ, the supreme hologram that is "reality" and every subjectively individual concscious awareness persona that inhabits it, all that is, ever was and will be; {everything and anything all at once but never}
...the true, divine, inner infinite self.

Yes, your view parallels my own. That should come as no surprise, really, because when we are free of the dream of sentient experience, there is really only one of us. Sure, there are an infinitude of forms dancing to the rhythm of the universal vibration but there is but one singular conscious-awareness glancing through each of the myriad windows of existential reality. Not just that "we are one" or we are all interconnected part of the whole... we ARE the whole of the Divine Field, each and every one of us, each life form, each seemingly inanimate object, every molecule, atom, electron and quark, etc...

Some may never shift into this modality of experience, some will touch it but once and change completely from it, some will taste it's ineffable nectar several times, fewer still will inter-phase over and over and over again. Even less will merge and never return to speak of it. So, who decides if our shift is fleeting or lasting? We do! We are free to embrace the emerging effulgence of the Sacred Light as our primary function to be. We are the Godhead, gazing at our own creation, retaining union with ॐ... seeing naught but unity, in rapturous wonder.

And beyond this thinnest of veils, even fewer pass through full immersion, bloom exponentially an become aware of being wholly Divine, permanently. these great masters do return to our fleeting dreamscape of material life and share their awakening. Compassion dictates this miracle, so it naturally follows that the Godhead experience settles within the heart. Through the lens of love, we warmly and joyfully reflect each others Sacredness.

And as we are the same core awareness peeking through innumerable eyes, does it even matter? After all, this is a dance and a game we play within ourselves, which only appears to be outside of ourselves. So, I believe that when we release the concept of me and you, us and them, inside of self and outside of self... we come to that quiet realm of knowing directly our true identity. We are the formlessness creating our own forms.

Global wrote:
Today I came across a Hindu description of the godhead that I rather like. They describe the godhead as the manifest of the totally divine. I think it's simple, eloquent and adequate for summing it up in so few words.

Nice and simple. So true and so unencumbered by the inadequacies of human linguistics. Manifestation is the key to this idea. So is woman-ifestation, for that matter! Thumbs up

There are no lasting divisions. As the Spirit exists in everything, always, with our without anyone taking particular notice, the manifestation is the pivotal principle in action here. It's the contact that God makes inside of us that joins the organic universe with the spiritual Omniverse. I have come to believe beyond a shadow of doubt, that we are that contact, becoming aware of the symbiosis.

jamie wrote:
words fail.

Word. This is so true. For we cannot speak of the Infinite in finite terms, contemplate it's eternal essence in a transitory sequence birthed of our brief placement within the time-space-continuum, nor give voice to the nature of the Absolute in relative communication. But we try, we do want to discuss this epiphany. We attempt to name the nameless... yet it remains forever free of quantification. But there is value to our futile efforts, as we bring the highest aspects of our immersions back into our personal dreamscapes and this is a good thing, in terms of communication. Unless of course, we become dogmatic or too serious about our spirituality.

Definitely, The Divine is beyond words. We cannot simultaneously experience the Godhead and also observe it, as something related to a subject-object dichotomy. We cannot see ourselves gazing through the singular Eye of God. We do not exist as witness to the Divine, rather, we exist as Divinity actualized through the Omniself, as it appears gloriously as all selves interacting within the realm of the many. In a manner of speaking, that is, and there is no language refined enough to encapsulate , save the linguistics of immeasurable love. And it is spoken with the heart and heard/felt/touched by other sympathetic hearts. God is love.

BoyPony wrote:
Some like to categorize experiences of "oneness" or "presence of" as "Godhead experiences".
From my personal experiences...... When IT happens.... I AM GOD. Not talking to or close to....but the Big Kahuna.

Exactly! Few dare to utter these words but it's nice to hear them declared with such fearless commitment. Knowledge is power and knowing yourself to such a degree is something that takes years and years to integrate with normal, ordinary life. I feel that this is our greatest challenge as individuals, to awaken to our true nature and express it in small ways, through kindness and human compassion, as we are able to on a daily basis. And it's so great to have you back amongst us, BoyPony! Every clubhouse ought to have the Avatar as a team member. Smile Smile Smile

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

nicechrisman
#28 Posted : 4/12/2013 3:57:13 PM

Kin

Op- your question reminds me of a conversation I was having with someone about "astral travel". People are often quick to define such notions based on their own subjective experiences and decide whether or not someone else's experience was the "real deal". Is astral travel one particular state, or does it apply to a range of different types of non ordinary realities? I think these are also valid questions to ask about "godhead". In reality it's simply a term someone coined for an experience they thought they had.

What is Godhead? What is astral travel? I think these are questions a being can only answer for them self.
Nagdeo

Guyomech
#29 Posted : 4/12/2013 4:46:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

If I had to define it, I'd say its the moment when all veils are lifted and you directly experience Self as being All That Is. As with BoyPony's comment: it's not a presence of the infinite- it is simply being that thing, and nothing else exists.

And yes, words fail. But the effort to fine-tune our metaphor is worthwhile.

PREV12