We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Manske Question - in The Tao of Rue Extraction Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 2/23/2013 2:33:06 PM

lettuce

I am at step 6 in "The Tao of Rue Extraction".

I have added my salt (not iodized - 10g per 100ml of solution)

Now, it has only been about 14 hours, but the solution has been fully cooled for a while and I see ZERO crystal growth.

My question:

If, at the 24 hour mark, I still see no crystals should I heat, add more salt and let cool again? Is it just a matter of not having enough salt in the solution?

Thanks
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pup Tentacle
#2 Posted : 2/23/2013 4:35:32 PM

lettuce

Please ignore my impatience Embarrased

Crystals are forming as I make pancakes...
Pup Tentacle attached the following image(s):
download.jpg (81kb) downloaded 391 time(s).
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

boogerz
#3 Posted : 2/23/2013 4:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NICE WORK!

Mickey_Mouse_33
#4 Posted : 3/3/2013 1:17:29 AM
Energy is eternal delight

boogerz wrote:
NICE WORK!

This. That looks really nice, do enjoy. Smile
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

Orion
#5 Posted : 3/17/2013 5:29:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just give u- Oh.. nice work Smile
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 4/11/2013 8:49:31 PM

John Murdoch IV

What is the reason for doing a manske in the process if you're just making freebase?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 4/11/2013 9:00:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

It removes unwanted alkaloids from the final freebase product.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Pup Tentacle
#8 Posted : 4/11/2013 9:40:26 PM

lettuce

And let me put in a plug for the tao of rue extraction... works like a charm, just follow the directions. Also... filter filter filter

Peace Smile
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 4/11/2013 11:50:43 PM

John Murdoch IV

SnozzleBerry wrote:

What unwanted alkaloids? I've never done a manske and use my harmalas for changa with good results. What would I gain by getting rid of those unwanted alkaloids? How would my changa improve?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

SnozzleBerry
#10 Posted : 4/12/2013 2:15:42 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

DMTripper wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

What unwanted alkaloids? I've never done a manske and use my harmalas for changa with good results. What would I gain by getting rid of those unwanted alkaloids? How would my changa improve?

P. harmala contains non-RIMA alkaloids (such as vasicine and vasicinone) that, by definition, lower the potency of your extract by weight if you don't remove them. They do have other positive properties, but are also abortifacient, and their desirability may differ from individual to individual, depending on the intentions behind their ingestion.

Here's an old thread on it, there should be others as well. Smile
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

DeDao
#11 Posted : 4/12/2013 5:18:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nicely done! I need to try this when I order some rue. Smile
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."