We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Plant ID? Options

Twitch
#1 Posted : 4/4/2013 9:02:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what type of plant this is.
It grows in Australia, QLD.
I was told by a friend that it contains DMT, but after hours of research I was unable to find any proof as I was unable to identify the plant.
Here are the pictures:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five

I appreciate the help.
Thank you.
Like a million before us... we need to die.
Masochistic to think this would be remembered.
Sadistic perpetuation of stagnation.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ambivalent
#2 Posted : 4/5/2013 1:15:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The structure of the flower can be confusing, as few different tree's share similar flower structure. Mimosa's, Albizia, and some Acacia trees can share similar flower structure.

i think what you have on the pictures is Calliandra surinamensis (judging by the size of the leaves) .

You should check if it matches the bark texture for example and other details.
Also this thread ( THE Acacia thread by Nen888 ) will come handy if you read it carefully, it has lot's of excellent information. other plants of interest are also mentioned inside, like the calliandra.

There are few references from literature posted in the acacia link i left you, which say that tryptamines are absent in Calliandras, but some of them contain the b-carboline THH.

Twitch
#3 Posted : 4/5/2013 3:36:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ambivalent wrote:
The structure of the flower can be confusing, as few different tree's share similar flower structure. Mimosa's, Albizia, and some Acacia trees can share similar flower structure.

i think what you have on the pictures is Calliandra surinamensis (judging by the size of the leaves) .

You should check if it matches the bark texture for example and other details.
Also this thread ( THE Acacia thread by Nen888 ) will come handy if you read it carefully, it has lot's of excellent information. other plants of interest are also mentioned inside, like the calliandra.

There are few references from literature posted in the acacia link i left you, which say that tryptamines are absent in Calliandras, but some of them contain the b-carboline THH.

Wow, you actually found it! That is amazing.
Thanks for the link, I'm going to read the thread in its entirety now.
So there's no real use for b-carboline THH on its own?
Like a million before us... we need to die.
Masochistic to think this would be remembered.
Sadistic perpetuation of stagnation.