We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
[Reminder] Help the mods - Your vote counts! Options

a1pha
#1 Posted : 2/17/2013 9:37:15 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Help the mods and actively submit your opinion on new members by voting YES / NO!

Voting is an essential function of our forum and it is important we do not miss those who deserve full membership. Many in the moderator team are working hard on projects (like the DMT Book and Nexus Collaborative Research Project) and do not therefore have the time necessary to vet each new member.

Be a part of the process and have your say!

* VOTE YES If you read a great introduction or see someone contributing often!
* VOTE NO If you see someone simply register to ask about suppliers or break our beloved Attitude.

Your active participation is critical to the smooth functioning of the DMT-Nexus!

Many thanks for your help.

:-)

Edited for clarity.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

boogerz
#2 Posted : 2/17/2013 9:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

O-TAY!

wearepeople
#3 Posted : 4/3/2013 7:30:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump bump.

Friendly reminder for full members to be on the lookout for exemplar new members!

Love
Wearepeople
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Pandora
#4 Posted : 4/3/2013 8:16:06 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I find myself voting less these days. I seriously find myself feeling "what is the point," given that my vote is so low value as to feel it does not count. Mods can instantly override it to the point of instant promotion or eternal demotion. Senior members only need a few similar votes rather than nine. . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Enoon
#5 Posted : 4/3/2013 8:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

For everyone feeling like Pandora does, please consider this: From the perspective of the moderator, I find it very helpful to see how people have voted on a person when making a decision about their status. In fact, I like to wait a while to see how members vote before I make any decision. I don't always go with the flow on this, but I'd say in 90% of the cases I do, and the votes for me are very helpful.

So, that's one of the reasons you should vote. It really does help, even if your votes don't directly lead to the promotion. They give us more hints as to where the members stand in the community and if it's time for their promotion or not.

So please do vote!

cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Pandora
#6 Posted : 4/3/2013 9:09:25 PM

Got Naloxone?

Okay Enoon, I'm going to endeavor to become more active on this front. Your post was very logical and appealed to me. And waiting awhile makes PERFECT sense to me. I think there's only two-three I voted for instant promotion and one or two for demotion. First impressions are just that. It's not wise imo to put a lot of weight on them and time does tend to show the truth.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 4/3/2013 9:33:02 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Also to make promotion a bit more interesting I just doubled the voting power for full members. So instead of a voting power of 10 you now have 20. I hope this helps to get people more active into voting.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Pandora
#8 Posted : 4/3/2013 9:47:43 PM

Got Naloxone?

Thanks Traveler!

I call strongly for all Forum Members to charge forward on this! We have been given a bit more weight/influence, so let's use it to try to help the Moderators.

This place has gotten so HUGE. There is so much to check and watch over. It's so easy for good people to fall through the cracks.

Let's all work on the Forum and in the Chat, together on this. Let's get the good folks promoted in a timely manner!

Thanks again to Enoon for turning my head around and Traveler for giving our votes a bit more weight. Smile

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

hostilis
#9 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:12:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been watching a lot of the new members and voting on them. Hope it helps.

I tend to wait and talk to them a bit and read their posts rather than just on the introduction. That was I can see their real attitude.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

hostilis
#10 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:13:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
Also to make promotion a bit more interesting I just doubled the voting power for full members. So instead of a voting power of 10 you now have 20. I hope this helps to get people more active into voting.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Thank you Traveler. I'll make sure to get down on the voting more oftem! Smile
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Jin
#11 Posted : 4/4/2013 9:22:26 AM

yes

this voting thing is really difficult and time consuming , before voting i have to read apparently a lot of posts of the members as i just don't vote without looking into details , such as intro essay , time spent on the nexus , when they joined ,are they really interested and posting more often , how is their interaction with other members and all that

what i really dont like is it puts me in a judgemental position , afterall who am i to judge or not ? we are all just people so....

yet i understand the voting is helpful and helps us integrate new members , and some new members are really cool people so i suppose the voting is helpful

i'll stop complaining now and do my part ......thank you people

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Enoon
#12 Posted : 4/4/2013 12:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

lol yeah I know what you mean. But the thing is that your vote will not instantly promote the member. So if you read someone's intro by chance and get a good impression, you might remember the name. If you read another post or two by this person and you find it good you might think, this person is kinda cool, let me vote for promotion.

A few more members do the same and the person gets promoted. A moderator checks out the person before this happens and sees there's a bunch of positive votes aside from a good impression from one or two posts, hey, we promote the person. The same for the reverse situation of negative impressions.

If you're reading posts in the welcome area anyway, it's not that much work. Also it's not the end of the world if you vote on someone and it turns out he's not what you expected once they are promoted. These kind of mistakes are reversable by the moderator team.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Tranquil
#13 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:04:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So Full Members can vote, but not just ''Members'', is that right? I know new members cannot vote, I just wanted clarification about how it works, and who can vote and who cannot.

I'm just a member, but not a full member, from what my profile tells me.

The Traveler
#14 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:10:49 PM

"No, seriously"

Tranquil wrote:
So Full Members can vote, but not just ''Members'', is that right? I know new members cannot vote, I just wanted clarification about how it works, and who can vote and who cannot.

I'm just a member, but not a full member, from what my profile tells me.

Any 'member' is a 'full member'. Smile

HIERARCHY

1) New Member (the starting point at the DMT-Nexus)
2) Member (=full member and can vote)
3) Senior Member (manually picked members to help with DMT-Nexus wide issues)
4) Moderator
5) Administrator (me)

VOTING POWER

__00 New member
__20 Member
__30 Senior Member
1000 Moderator

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Tranquil
#15 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:15:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Traveler,

I asked because when I tried to vote on someone's promotion, it said I did not have access or was trying to access a restricted area. So I thought maybe I needed to be a ''Full Member'', in order to be able to vote, perhaps it was an error or glitch.

The Traveler
#16 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:16:14 PM

"No, seriously"

Tranquil wrote:
Thank you, Traveler,

I asked because when I tried to vote on someone's promotion, it said I did not have access or was trying to access a restricted area. So I thought maybe I needed to be a ''Full Member'', in order to be able to vote, perhaps it was an error or glitch.

You should be able to vote. Can you try again please?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Tranquil
#17 Posted : 4/4/2013 2:26:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It appears that I was reverted back to ''new member'' status, (or ???) I was wondering where the rest of the forum disappeared to. Now I can see all of the forum, and I can vote.

Thank you, Traveler.

pinkoyd
#18 Posted : 4/4/2013 5:13:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

OK, so how do we vote? Is there a button to click somewhere that I'm not seeing, or do we just post a 'yes' or 'no' in their introduction thread? Or some other procedure?
I already asked Alice.

The Traveler
#19 Posted : 4/4/2013 5:15:41 PM

"No, seriously"

pinkoyd wrote:
OK, so how do we vote? Is there a button to click somewhere that I'm not seeing, or do we just post a 'yes' or 'no' in their introduction thread? Or some other procedure?

[NEW FUNCTIONALITY] Promoting!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Sky Motion
#20 Posted : 4/5/2013 6:41:00 AM

<3

Got ya

12NEXT