We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Pure white mescaline HCl from cactus using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 3/13/2009 11:11:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Version 1.2

1 - Powderize your cactus. Mix 100 grams of dried green outer cactus flesh with 25 grams of calcium hydroxide. Add 300 ml water to make it feel wet but not watery. Mix for about 5 minutes.

2 - Add 300 ml of d-limonene (orange oil). Mix well. Let sit a few hours.

3 - Pour off the d-limonene through a filter.

4 - Add 20 ml of water and 5 ml of 10% HCl solution to the d-limonene. Mix thoroughly. NOTE: DO NOT USE CONCENTRATED HYDROCHLORIC ACID. IT MUST BE DILUTED AS SPECIFIED OR A BUNCH OF JUNK WILL PRECIPITATE OUT OF THE D-LIMONENE.

5 - Separate the water from the d-limonene (the water is at the bottom, the d-limonene at the top). This water will contain mescaline HCl. Evaporate your water in a food dehydrator at 155 F to get sticky brown impure mescaline HCl.

6 - Repeat steps 4 and 5 at least 2-3 times,

7 - Repeat steps 2 - 6 at least 2 times.

Ok, now you have a bunch of sticky brown impure mescaline. You first wash it with acetone about 2 times. You use about 20 ml of acetone for each wash. With the acetone covering the mescaline, you small the mescaline and much as you can. You want to powderize it in the acetone. Wait for all the particles to settle down and then carefully decant your acetone so that none of the mescaline is decanted with the acetone. Repeat it with 20 ml more acetone.

Ok, at this point the mescaline is usually very light tan and it's difficult to get it pure white with more acetone washes. So we now wash with 99% isopropyl alcohol one time. We use about 20 ml. It must be 99% isopropyl alcohol. Pour it over your light tan crystals and mix it. Let all the pieces settle down. Now carefully decant the IPA leaving behind pure white mescaline HCl.

See also: Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil)

Note that if you can’t get d-limonene you can use xylene in its place. Xylene is very toxic and smells horrible. If possible, try to find d-limonene. It’s actually good for you, better for the environment, and smells like fruit.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 3/13/2009 12:19:09 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

perfect ron - as always.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 3/15/2009 8:30:56 PM

Derek

hey all iv trolled for along while here
just recently decided to sign up
swim is very much new to the extraction game but is learning quick
anyhow heres swims question please be patient as swim is just trying to learn
swim has some powdered cacti (compra-peru anyone know if its what it should be?) but have yet to attempt an extraction have read some things here and there your tek sounds very straight forward.... however swim doesnt have limonene and isnt sure where to get it (although he hasnt looked yet if its essential please point swim where to find it) swims heard that xylene was used for mesc swim has this... also swim is without HCL although he could easily acquire this he has read that citric acid could be used.... any help for this aspiring swim is much appreciated
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

DarkShaman
#4 Posted : 3/15/2009 8:34:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

waylitjim knows what time it is in regards to mescaline extraction. not in any way discrediting 69ron's, as it is tried and true as well.

psychosisdoses
#5 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:17:06 PM

Derek

DarkShaman wrote:
waylitjim knows what time it is in regards to mescaline extraction. not in any way discrediting 69ron's, as it is tried and true as well.

swim has in his possession some xylene and citric acid.. he understands the basic premise of what is being done but is interested in the "best" way to go about it
for example which is superior for salting HCL or citric... and as far as solvent will xylene suffice?
your input is much appreciated

EDIT- fixed spelling... this SWIMS trippin face Laughing
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:29:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:
hey all iv trolled for along while here
just recently decided to sign up
swim is very much new to the extraction game but is learning quick
anyhow heres swims question please be patient as swim is just trying to learn
swim has some powdered cacti (compra-peru anyone know if its what it should be?) but have yet to attempt an extraction have read some things here and there your tek sounds very straight forward.... however swim doesnt have limonene and isnt sure where to get it (although he hasnt looked yet if its essential please point swim where to find it) swims heard that xylene was used for mesc swim has this... also swim is without HCL although he could easily acquire this he has read that citric acid could be used.... any help for this aspiring swim is much appreciated

Xylene can be substituted for d-limonene. That’s the old method and it doesn’t work as well. You should really use d-limonene. It works better, is non-toxic, and smells like fruit. Xylene is one of the worst smelling solvents there is and it’s highly toxic and doesn't extract mescaline as well as d-limonene does.

Citric acid is a pain to use for mescaline extraction. It’s really hard to get rid of the excess citric acid at the end. SWIM tried all sorts of methods to get rid of the excess citric acid (freezer precipitation, acetone washes, etc.) and none of them worked well at all. Just forget about using citric acid. It’s better to use something that will evaporate away like hydrochloric acid or vinegar.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#7 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Note that if vinegar is used instead of hydrochloric acid, you cannot wash it with 99% IPA or wash it with acetone. You'll have to accept having impure results until a way is found to purify mescaline acetate that works well.

Mescaline hydrochloride is insoluble in acetone and insoluble in 99% IPA, so it can be cleaned to near 98% purity by washing it in each solvent separately. All the other alkaloids are either soluble in acetone or soluble in 99% IPA so they are easily removed.

Mescaline acetate made with vinegar is somewhat soluble in acetone and highly soluble in 99% IPA, and so washing it with those solvents doesn't work because it washes everything away including the mescaline acetate.

psychosisdoses
#8 Posted : 3/16/2009 5:05:38 AM

Derek

thank you Very happy

swim will need to do some shopping...
just a bit nervous about the HCL considering swim got store brand muriac acid how would swim go about diluting that glass eye dropper?... that stuffs like 25-35% isnt it (i cant recall) so would it be 1:3 HCL/water to make the dilute solution

i am humbled by your experience and truly grateful for your willingness to share so that i may glean some of your wisdom

69ron
#9 Posted : 3/16/2009 5:36:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you just use vinegar, it still works really well, and is actually a little more potent. Vinegar will make mescaline acetate which SWIM found is more potent than mescaline hydrochloride. Mescaline acetate comes on quicker, stronger, and peaks faster than mescaline hydrochloride.

But if you used vinegar there’s no good way known to purify it. However, the impure product is more potent mg for mg than 99% pure mescaline hydrochloride is. Mescaline hydrochloride can be easily cleaned to near 99% purity by washing with acetone and then with 99% IPA, so it will be a pure mescaline experience, but it will be weaker than using vinegar.

So it’s a trade off. With the hydrochloric acid route you can get nearly 99% pure white odorless mescaline hydrochloride that is dry and powdery. Or you can use vinegar and get about 80-90% purity but have a slightly more potent end product that is waxy, amber colored, and smells strong. The vinegar product will have more than just mescaline in it, and the small amount of impurities present do affect the trip making it more dreamy and relaxed at the onset.

weissewolf
#10 Posted : 3/17/2009 6:52:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Your the best ron. Swim has been looking for something like this. I love ya man.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

coz42
#11 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:00:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Confirm results with torch at 2% yield. This was the only extraction method that has worked for me with most rambunctious results, thanks a whole lot ron. Just incredible.

There seems to be some hold up with d-limonene and where to get it. I must say green terpene shipment was rather quick. I must recommend buying yourselves galons upon galons of limonene as well since you wont have to use another solvent as stanky as xylene or toluene, ever.

Hey do you think orange glo could work?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

benzyme
#12 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:12:03 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

i quite like the smell of toluene, actually. not terribly harmful either; the liver converts it into benzaldehyde, then benzoic acid
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

coz42
#13 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yuuk

Well considering that, maybe it does kinda have its own flavor... *Takes a sniff*
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

benzyme
#14 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:16:01 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

xylene smells completely different.
i think toluene smells good
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#15 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:54:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coz42 wrote:
Confirm results with torch at 2% yield. This w as the only extraction method that has worked for me with most rambunctious results, thanks a whole lot ron. Just incredible.

There seems to be some hold up with d-limonene and where to get it. I must say green terpene shipment was rather quick. I must recommend buying yourselves galons upon galons of limonene as well since you wont have to use another solvent as stanky as xylene or toluene, ever.

Hey do you think orange glo could work?

Nice to see that 2% yield! Very cool!

SWIM has been getting unbelievable yields from this tech. He's currently extracting 200 grams of San Pedro dried outer green flesh and has done 2 pulls and already has over 7 grams of mescaline! SWIM never got a yield like that before. This time he’s sort of busy with other things so he lets his pulls sit overnight usually. His third pull has been sitting for several days. He’s too busy to finish it just yet and already has more mescaline than he needs. 7 grams, that’s enough for 35 200 mg trips.

No you can’t use Orange Glo. It only contains a tiny bit of d-limonene.

VisualDistortion
#16 Posted : 3/19/2009 11:47:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

7 grams, holy crap. SWIM just might buy him a five gallon container of limonene since he wants to never use petroleum products again.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

69ron
#17 Posted : 3/19/2009 4:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
7 grams, holy crap. SWIM just might buy him a five gallon container of limonene since he wants to never use petroleum products again.

Remember that 7 grams are from 200 grams of dried outer green flesh only. San Pedro dried outer green flesh was found to contain up to 5% mescaline so it’s possible to get 10 grams from 200 grams of dried outer green flesh.

69ron
#18 Posted : 3/22/2009 3:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If doing the purification steps to get pure white odorless mescaline HCl, then don't discard the acetone and 99% IPA washes. Dry them. If using San Pedro, these washes contain non-mescaline alkaloids which are quite psychoactive. With 75 mg orally, SWIM experienced a 3 hour long mild psychedelic trip. The onset was 5 minutes after taking it orally. It peaked at 1 hour. It felt similar to THH with pleasant tingling sensations, but also a mild numbing effect was felt. At the peak there were definite visual effects that were completely unlike mescaline. Everything looked slightly animated. After the peak there was a lot of euphoria felt. It’s a pleasant experience and nothing like mescaline.

So don’t think of the acetone and IPA washes as garbage, they are not, they are quite psychoactive and pleasant. However, SWIM prefers them as a separate experience from mescaline. He finds that mescaline is a better experience on its own, and feels the same for these “impurities”.

See the thread Unusual San Pedro alkaloids for more information on these other alkaloids in the wash.

memo
#19 Posted : 3/22/2009 5:59:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Ron for the great TEK. SWIM's first attempt at Mesc extraction was an A/B that took days with fresh San Pedro and only produced a couple hundred mg of Mescaline. With this TEK he was able to get about 200 mg Mescaline HCL per pull after only a few hours. It wasn't sticky brown either it was off white nice crystal powder. SWIM thinks that using Calcium hydroxide and minimal water instead of Sodium carbonate made a big difference. SWIM used Sodium carbonate trying to do the Bufotenin extraction and it was a failure. This time he could smell the ammonia smell from the reaction and is planning on retrying the Vilca extraction using this technique with the calcium hydroxide. The d-limonene makes a huge difference also!
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge! It's amazing what a difference some practice and knowledge can make.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

memo
#20 Posted : 3/25/2009 12:16:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM ended up getting 1.2% yield and is totally thrilled. A couple of things he noticed were:
1. The first hcl water pull of each d-limonene wash made a total emulsion. SWIM just added another 30mls of distilled water and gently rolled it around and then separated with a sep funnel. The emulsion made when shaking up the sep funnel with the hcl water in it seemed to be directly proportional to the amount of mescaline left in the d-limonene. With each wash the amount of emulsion went down as the amount of mescaline pulled diminished. The emulsion wasn't a problem though. SWIM either added some distilled water or added another 30ml of the hcl water solution and that allowed him to make nice pulls until the mesc. content was gone. The last pull had very little emulsion. SWIM did two d-limonene washes of the cactus/calcium hydroxide mix and 3 hcl/water pulls were done on each wash.
2. SWIM had no problem drying the water/mescaline hcl pulls in a glass pan in the oven at 190 degrees fairly quickly. SWIM looked at the melting point of mescaline hcl and saw that it is very high so he wonders why the TEK calls for drying at about 155 degrees in a food dryer. It just seems that would take longer than necessary.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

123NEXT»