We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Facepalm Emoticon? And other emoticons (Smiley's). Options

Psychelectric
#1 Posted : 3/2/2013 7:52:24 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

Smile First off I just want to start by saying that I know nothing about programing or any of the nuances needed to shape anything in digital media. Embarrased It's a completely foreign language to me. Confused My computer skills basicly include internet surfing. I have a lot of respect for people who can work with software. So it's with great trepidation and humility that I suggest this.

Very happy

I have heard many people call for a "facepalm" on this site, and while there are numerous images that can be conjured up, I think it would be neat to have a facepalm emoticon, and maybe a few more of the little yellow guys off to the side. Just an idea.

Big grin

We have a little devil guy off to the side (<---Twisted Evil ), so why not an angel? Or maybe a mystical looking one with a third eye. Maybe a little guy with a pipe in his mouth. An old man smiley. A baby. The grim reaper. Ect. Any other emoticon ideas? What are your thoughts?

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 3/2/2013 9:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Thumbs up

Cool
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

imPsimon
#3 Posted : 3/2/2013 10:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The mystical one with a third eye, angel and the one with the pipe in the mouth is definitely ok but
I dont really feel good about a facepalm.
The other ones are neutral while the facepalm is a direct attack on something. If used on something like
fox news that's ok with me but what if it is used to attack people?
If someone facepalmed me for every time I say or do something stupid I wouldn't feel very good.
We all say bad things and do things we shouldn't do and I can't see
how a face palm is going to make me see the point better.
I would probably just be mad at the person who gave me the face palm, kinda like giving me the finger when
I think of it.

My idea for an emoticon:
Sometimes you get an active thread where a member says something like "I have to go to but bed but I'll look up
those papers in the morning".
So what about a sleeping face with the letters ZZZ ?

lewinii
#4 Posted : 3/2/2013 10:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you could always borrow some from the shroomery lol..

they have way too many i believe
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

Psychelectric
#5 Posted : 3/3/2013 12:16:05 AM

Curiouser and curiouser

imPsimon wrote:

So what about a sleeping face with the letters ZZZ ?

Haha I love the sleepy face idea, but only if he has a night hat. Big grin
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

Parshvik Chintan
#6 Posted : 3/3/2013 12:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
The other ones are neutral while the facepalm is a direct attack on something. If used on something like
fox news that's ok with me but what if it is used to attack people?
If someone facepalmed me for every time I say or do something stupid I wouldn't feel very good.

Wut?
Stop
Thumbs down

these can be used for the same purposes you fear.

i think our community can handle it without being too childish.

and if not, it will help weed out some members we may not want here anyways.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

lewinii
#7 Posted : 3/3/2013 1:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
i think our community can handle it without being too childish.

+1
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 3/6/2013 12:27:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also, a shrugging emoticon would be pretty cool too
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

nen888
#9 Posted : 3/6/2013 12:44:12 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i'd like a 'tearing my hair out' in frustration symbol..sometimes..Smile

hostilis
#10 Posted : 3/27/2013 8:46:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mango emoticon!!!!!

Drool Drool Mangoes Drool Drool

3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Parshvik Chintan
#11 Posted : 3/27/2013 9:47:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i don't know if we want to open that can of worms, hostilis..

next thing you know there will be a soursop, durian, and rambutan emoticons.
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Hieronymous
#12 Posted : 3/27/2013 10:10:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always thought an emoticon of pacman would be cool on web forums, the part where he kicks the bucket and his mouth opens all the way and then he disappears.

I reckon that would be a good way to express contempt without the risk of saying anything offensive and starting an argument.

If anyone were to take it the wrong way and get offended it would give the person who posted the emoticon time to cool off and then give a more measured retort that doesn't cause offence.

Infinite I
#13 Posted : 3/27/2013 10:16:28 AM

JC

Hieronymous wrote:
I always thought an emoticon of pacman would be cool on web forums, the part where he kicks the bucket and his mouth opens all the way and then he disappears.

I reckon that would be a good way to express contempt without the risk of saying anything offensive and starting an argument.

If anyone were to take it the wrong way and get offended it would give the person who posted the emoticon time to cool off and then give a more measured retort that doesn't cause offence.

LOL you think a lot eh, I need a facepalm emoticon for that post, only kidding made me laugh Very happy

Dont think its important tbh a football forum I go on they have loads, not normal ones, they dont even have a rolling eyes one but all these stupid cartoony ones seems a but silly to me.