We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV2345NEXT
The Acacia Analysis Thread Options

nen888
#61 Posted : 12/4/2012 3:55:11 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i've noticed a couple of sites giving this thread as a reference, without full info..

i just want to make clear that there is probably a reasonable amount of NMT in the A. obtusifolia samples tested here..it co-chromatographs in this particular system with DMT..future tests with a different system can determine how much NMT is in there..almost all previous tests, GCMS, found nmt
And 3-methyl-quinoline, very unknown..as well as always betacarbolines..

..the Acacia acuminata narrow phyllode is the single cleanest (mainly DMT) result i have ever seen from a plant..

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rudder
#62 Posted : 12/6/2012 2:51:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
as always betacarbolines..

Are there usually enough betacarbolines in crude Acacia extracts to make them orally active?

nen888
#63 Posted : 12/6/2012 10:48:56 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

^..No..this only the case for a few special species..

SKA
#64 Posted : 3/9/2013 5:13:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Here's a list of these spicey, but mostly overlooked Acacias:

-Acacia Drepanolobium: Big grin
"DMT in bark (up to 1.4%) and leaves (0.5-0.8%), young leaves mainly containing tryptamine;[2] 0.72% alkaloids from leaves and stems, mostly tryptamine[3]"
(Unfortunately source # 2 doesn't have an active link but sais "White, E.P. 1957. “Evaluation of further legumes, mainly Lupinus and Acacia species for alkaloids.” New Zealand J. Sci. & Tech". Can anyone help find this publication?)

-Acacia Burkittii: Smile
"DMT in bark (0.2-1.2%), 0.1% alkaloids from leaves (mostly NMT);[2] 1.5% alkaloids from leaves and stems, mostly tryptamine[3]"
(Unfortunately Source # 3 has no active link, but it's exactly the same White,EP document
I mentioned directly above)

-Acacia Pycnantha: Confused
"Less than 0.01% total alkaloids in leaf,[37] sometimes none.[23] Recent findings of 0.4% DMT in single tree[60]"
(Surprise: Source # 60 doesn't have any link, but sais:"Nen. Talk at Intra Cortex 2002 Doon Doon, NSW". Anyone who can find a link of this?...or is the source our own, Nexian NEN? Razz )

-Acacia Floribunda: Very happy
"Recently found to actually contain mostly DMT (up to 0.1% from leaves, 0.3-0.5% from bark) bark also containing NMT, and small amounts of tryptamine, harman and norharman[2]"
(Source # 2 ALSO doesn't have a link. Get your shit together WikipediaRolling eyes But it sais: "recent Net reports, Australian underground info" )

-Acacia Colei: Confused
"Claimed to contain up to 1.8% DMT in bark, 0.2-0.6% in leaf,[26] but others have found no alkaloids, or nearly none in this species[2]"
(Source # 26 actually has a working link: http://www.abc.net.au/sc...mp;a/notes/051027-9.htm, which sais:"Acacia colei in fact has approximately 3% w/w DMT which can be easily extracted"...which is confusing)

I feel these Acacias are all worthy of more investigation.

acacian
#65 Posted : 3/9/2013 12:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting.. thats the first i've heard about Acacia Drepanolobium... surprised it isn't talked about more? would be good to see more research into it.

Acacia Burkitti and Floribunda are already being used over here for alkaloids and are growing in popularity... it seems some strains of floribunda especially the commercial strains with the slightly yellower flowers are inactive while others are more reliable. Paler white flowers are a good sign to look for... I wonder whether the commercial varieties of floribunda may be some kind of hybrid with longifolia or maidenii? Oh, and the active varieties contain more than 0.1% alkaloids in the phyllodes.. I'm pretty sure its closer to 0.4% .. i read a finding of up to 0.8% in the trunk bark too (this could also apply to branch no doubt)

The ABC link for acacia colei is very dubious however.. the link you posted doesn't work anymore but if I remember correctly the article was very badly written and lacked any scientific credibility.. no sources were mentioned and the spelling left a lot to be desired. I talked with somebody the other day in chat who had extracted to no avail with acacia colei.. it would be good to look into it more though. I like the look of that tree

...Pycnantha would be good to look into more too but i know most people haven't had much luck with it-myself included- though it was during flowering season so that was likely a strong factor

SKA
#66 Posted : 3/10/2013 5:33:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Acacia Drepanolobium really needs more research. However it will probably be hard to
grow in long, dark, moist Northern hemi-sphere climates given the fact that their
natural habitat is the dry, hot african savannah.

Other Acacias that have not been chemically analysed, or Acacias who's analysis
showed only trace amounts or no alkaloids, or only inactive alkaloids should be
analysed more, before we can really conclude they are simply low alkaloid Acacias.

Most of the sources that claim some Acacias to have very low alkaloid contents &/or
non psychoactive alkaloids are vague and questionable & therefor inconclusive.

If only I lived closer to the equator where Acacias grow wild Sad Damn you, northern hemisphere!

Binary Drool
#67 Posted : 3/18/2013 4:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bad news for Acacia Rigidula. No Alkaloids in 200g test
We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

nen888
#68 Posted : 3/18/2013 4:35:21 AM
member for the trees

..thanks for report binary drool..i guess a few more tests are still needed..and ID certainty..

SKA..great you're enthusiastic..we've still got another 1000 approx Acacia species to test (never been looked at formally)

..of your list above, i can add that Acacia burkitti is now known as A. acuminata var. burkitti and absolutely contains 1.0-1.2% DMT at most times..
Acacia floribunda is multiply confirmed to contain 0.4-5% DMT/NMT/betacarbolines by at least 20-30 field reports in Australia..also confirmed by aus. researcher 'JJ' who's yet to publish..

basically, almost all of White's 1950s findings of 'Tryptamine' in acacias have turned out to be in fact DMT..he was only using TLC+reagents, so identification of tryptamine should only ever have been viewed as tentative..a clue which in most cases has paid off..

Acacia colei was based on rumour, via Dr Karl - [edit: an unverifiable anon net report then claimed negative..but there are now two reports from nexians of high yields of presumed DMT from it - it is in the highest priority for further investigation]

and A. pycnantha..i have seen 0.4-5% approx pulled by university chemists from bark once in the 90s.i don't know how variable/repeatable this is..but needed to be reported..Snu Voogelbreinder got a small amount DMT from phyllodes..(confirmed personally)

acacian
#69 Posted : 3/18/2013 7:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pycnantha would be so satisfying to get alkaloids from.. a real stick it to the man discovery considering its cultural status here

SKA
#70 Posted : 3/19/2013 1:06:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As Im moving to a new house with proper insulation and a windows & balcony facing south, I will soon order Acacia
Acuminata & Acacia Simplex seeds/seedlings so they'll have a whole sunny summer to grow past their vurnerable seedling-
stage before the long, dark winter starts.

I'm hoping the hype around DMT will die down soon and that mindless drug abusers quickly forget all about it.
Hoping the large commercial supply & demand of DMT amongst greedy dealers & mindless consumers will soon be
of the past & forgotten, so that we, Psychonaughts can continue our spicey crafts & rituals in peace, well
below radar.

If hordes of dumbshits keep dealing & mindlessly consuming DMT we may live to see the day MHRB, many Acacias &
perhaps more precious plants becomming illegal to possess or cultivate worldwide; A sad fate that is allready uppon
the Cannabis plant.

To take all that attention of the mainstream media away from DMT would be the 1st step to prevent that bleak scenario from comming true. If another, non-psychedelic, not so valuable
drug would case a new hype, cause a social stir up & become the new target for anti-drug media that would be most convenient for us DMT loving Psychonaughts, don't you reckon?

Sorry for the political digression. Razz

wira
#71 Posted : 3/20/2013 3:12:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA, White 1957 does not mention any species called Acacia drepanolobium. If you got that info from the wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/...n_psychoactive_alkaloids then reference 2 is not White; it's reference 3, and that info in White's paper is for Acacia acuminata. Ref 2 is recent internet reports, so does anyone know where this has been reported on the internet? The entry for this species was added recently, perhaps by the person who discovered such content in the plant.
The relevant info from all of White's papers on Acacia alkaloids have been summarised in the Attempting to improve Acacia information thread. I would have also referred you to that wikipedia page that I comprehensively edited a couple of years ago, but now that I see people are adding wrong refs to things I can't vouch for its reliability. I'm going to edit the drepanolobium entry so it doesn't refer to White.

nen888
#72 Posted : 3/27/2013 6:09:37 AM
member for the trees

..thank you, ever onto it wira..!

..regarding the finding of 3-methyl-quinoline in Acacia obtusifolia, quinolines have been reported from Limonia acidissima (Burma) incl. 4-methoxy-quinoline and 4-methoxy-1-methyl-quinoline..[Zagra 1986]..it is the unknown toxicity of the obtusifolia alkaloid which is a reason for some caution with the species in particular..it has effects on respiration..'alkaloid x'..see p2 of thread..

frozenthunderbolt
#73 Posted : 10/8/2013 3:33:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:

-Acacia Floribunda: Very happy
"Recently found to actually contain mostly DMT (up to 0.1% from leaves, 0.3-0.5% from bark) bark also containing NMT, and small amounts of tryptamine, harman and norharman[2]"
(Source # 2 ALSO doesn't have a link. Get your shit together WikipediaRolling eyes But it sais: "recent Net reports, Australian underground info" )

Excellent - I had ordered 10 of these from a local nursery based on another report i had seen here on the Nexus. Floribunda looks much more promising than the pundica seeds i got Surprised

REALLY glad to see i should be able to harvest sustainably from the leaves rather than having to kill them at any point.

I'll chuck a couple in the ground here (at a long term rental) and then put the rest into 22Gal planters.
Thumbs up
Those who walk in truth and love grow in honor and strength.
Bright blessings

DreaMTripper
#74 Posted : 10/21/2013 9:38:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If a small flake of dry a.implexa phyllode matter was put into an ez-test ampoule would it produce a reliable result?
Could it take a while to react?

After 2 hours it is pale yellow which if it is a reliable indicator presumes this a.implexa has no indole compounds.

RideFree
#75 Posted : 5/16/2014 9:30:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

---- sorry --- wrong thread... fuckin nweebi ;-)

floribunda
#76 Posted : 2/1/2015 7:54:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to see some active A.Floribunda!

I have three plants growing (commercially bought) that I hope will provide some goods later in life. Seems to be one of the only plants that is easy to come across here in NZ.

frozenthunderbolt: Have you had any luck with your plants?

Looking to start growing some A.Acuminata soon as seeds and plants are fine to have in this country Big grin

Poekus
#77 Posted : 12/28/2015 2:09:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

On the first page of this thread I see that a mixture of methanol:ammonium hydroxide 100:2.5 is used with silica gel.

I found quite some articles stating that using more than 20% methanol would cause problems. Did anyone experience effect on the silica gel (dissolving)?

I found one reference article where methanol:ammonium hydroxide 100:1.5 is used for cactus alkaloids. Unfortunately most of the solvent systems and Rf references for alkaloids have a large chloroform component in them, and for a good reason this can't be easily bought here. So I'm hoping the methanol mixture can be used with good results on for cactus alkaloids as well. Are there people here who besides testing DMT containing plants, also did some testing with methanol based systems on cacti?

UV bulbs are coming this week and I just received 100 UV coated polygram silica gel plates and a 10 uL syringe for spotting. Eager to start some experimenting on different cacti I have.

endlessness
#78 Posted : 12/29/2015 6:58:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is no problem using methanol ammonia for tlc, ive done it literally thousands of times. It works great for all sorts of alkaloids like tryptamines, harmalas, mesc and other phens. Use the tlc spot height calculator in the tlc kits subforum, and get some reagents to confirm spot identity. If there's any issue feel free to post or pm me. Im traveling till end of january so might take a while to answer but i will. Be well

Poekus
#79 Posted : 12/29/2015 10:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Endlessness. Enjoy the traveling.

AcaciaIdCntrlQld
#80 Posted : 1/11/2016 10:53:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone. First time posting here. Me and my friend looked into some botanical records of Maidenii growing near us. We found one in a pretty nearby location. We set off to get it and around the area it says it should be we've found what looks to be a Maidenii that has been blown over in a cyclone recently.

I can go get pics but just wondering a few things before I do.

1 if it is Maidenii is it possible to identify without flowers

2 am I able to harvest from a dead Maidenii?

3 If it is possible to harvest, am I safe to run an extraction on it just to see what comes out?

I'm really sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section and if my post is a bit ugly. Thanks for any help everyone Thumbs up Thumbs up

«PREV2345NEXT