We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Pratyabhijna hrydyam Options

d-T-r
#1 Posted : 3/24/2013 6:43:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Pratyabhijna is formed from prati - "something once known, now appearing as forgotten", abhi - "immediate" and jna - "to know". So, the meaning is direct knowledge of one's self, recognition.

The twenty sutras from the Pratyabhijna hrydyam are as followed;

One

Autonomous Consciousness is the source of the entire Universe.

Two

Of it's own Free will (that conciousness) unfolds the universe on the screen of itself.

Three

IT (Conciousness) is diversified by multiplying into reciprocal subjects and objects.

Four

Even individuated Conciousness , Whose essence is Conciousness in a contracted state, is a contracted form of the universe.

Five

Unlimited Conciousness, (having further) descended from the State of individual conciousness, when embodied and contracted in objects of perceptions, (becomes) the mind.

Six

One whose nature is that (of mind) perceives Maya (the illusion of separatedness).

Seven

And He/She (the supreme Conciousness) Is one, is dual, is trifold, is fourfold, and consists of seven sets of five.

Eight

The Premises of all the systems of Philosophy are phases of this (the structure of conciousness).

Nine

That which possesses conciousness , through contraction of its powers (becomes) a trans-migotory individual enveloped in impurities (the veils of duality).

Ten

Even so, the possessor of that Conciousness, performs the five fold acts of Shiva (the supreme Conciousness).

Eleven

These (i.e. fivefold acts of Shiva), take place in the individual as illuminating (the object), fixing our awareness in it,understanding it, (thus) planting a seed (of limitation) and releasing (that misunderstanding).

Twelve

The state of a Transmigotory individual is that of being deceived by ones own powers while failing to recognize that (i.e. , the fact of actually being the performer of the Fivefold acts).

Thirteen

When one recognizes that (i.e, being the performer of the Fivefold acts), the mind itself - by turning within (meditating) and by rising out of the state of limited conciousness- becomes (unlimited) Conciousness.

Fourteen

The fire of Conciousness- though it seems to be in a descended state, Gradually burns up the fuel of the knowable.

Fifteen

When this (the fire of Conciousness) reaches (full) strength, the universe becomes one's own.

Sixteen

On Attaining the bliss of Conciousness, there is a permanent perception of oneness with conciousness even when perceiving the body and so on. This is liberation while alive.

Seventeen

The Bliss of Conciousness is revealed through the unfolding of the center.

Eighteen

The means (for the expansion of the center) included attainment of a thought free state, expansion of the contracted state of Shakti (the power within us) , Awareness of the begining and end points, and stilling of the flow.

Nineteen

Permanent Samadhi is established when (all ) activity bears the impression of samadhi through uninterrupted (i.e, repeated, consistent) experience of oneness with Conciousness.

Twenty

Then, For all time- through absorption in the Self, whose nature is the power of the Great Mantra and whose escense is the Bliss of Divine Effulgence - one obtains mastery of the wheel of deities (energies) that create and withdraw all that is. This is the auspicious state of Shiva+Shakti (Supreme Conciousness).

^ From 'The heart of Recognition- The wisdom & Practices of the Pratyabhijna hridayam by Swami Khecarantha' Based on the 11th century Sanskrit text by Ksemaraja.

Quote:
Pratyabhijna (IAST Pratyabhijñā; Sanskrit: प्रत्यभिज्ञा), a branch of Kashmir Shaivism, is an idealistic monistic and theistic philosophy originating in the 9th century A.D.

The name of the system is derived from its most famous work, Isvara Pratyabhijna Karika by Utpaladeva.[1] Etymologically, Pratyabhijna is formed from prati - "something once known, now appearing as forgotten", abhi - "immediate" and jna - "to know". So, the meaning is direct knowledge of one's self, recognition.

The central thesis of this philosophy is that everything is Shiva, absolute consciousness, and it is possible to re-cognize this fundamental reality and be freed from limitations, identified with Shiva and immersed in bliss.[3] Thus, the slave (pasu - the human condition) becomes the master (pati - the divine condition)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jin
#2 Posted : 3/24/2013 8:47:11 PM

yes

beautiful , thanks for sharing Thumbs up
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Shadowman-x
#3 Posted : 3/24/2013 9:37:51 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

I like it.
Big grin Farmiliar concepts, nice presentation though and always good to absorb. I think i'll write it down in my journal.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.