We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Best vaporizer? Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 3/22/2009 4:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM bought a vaporstar and it is VERY hit or miss..it seems like it doesnt work as easily as the VG..

its possible the vaporstar could be figured out..but it doesnt really vaporize things very well..by the time he finally gets it hot enough to vaporize anything...all that ends up happening is that everything gets burnt to a crisp..

the VG on the other hand is much more..consistent..and the whole pipe is beautiful..

SWIM has found though..that its a good idea to clean the VG out every month or so..because otherwise a whole bunch of dmt remnants collect in it..and kinda ruin the experience..so keep your VG clean..and you wont be disappointed
it's a sound

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

antrocles
#2 Posted : 3/22/2009 4:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes...the VG is awesome! another little bit of advise with it: stuff about 8-10 screens in it and a tiny layer of weed on your first usage. the weed will turn to ash and that, combined with the multiple screens, will help to ensure you get the majority of your spice vaporized and not melted into the pipe....

....and yes, they are beautifully hand-crafted works of art! SWIM has a couple- the hand-carved teak one and a beautiful dark walnut one....he keeps 'em out in the open as art pieces! highly recommended.

love and gratitude!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

WSaged
#3 Posted : 3/22/2009 5:41:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

s8championjgh wrote:
swim has been using the vaporstar vaporizer. It's pretty much hit or miss with it. I know there are several threads that are dedicated to talking about vaporizers, but swim wanted to see an up to date preference on what everyone is vaping with.
The only other vaporizer swim was thinking about getting was the vaorgenie. He knows jorkest raves about it. In your guy's opinion, what is the BEST vaporizer for dmt (swim wants to be able to get a break through every time by the way!)?

I had read people raving on the VG so I ordered one up, the Handcarved Teak version.
I have tried it a number of times now with DMT & I am slightly unimpressed.

I love it for smoking herb, although its a bit of a pain in the ass having to constantly take the top off to stir the herb, put the top back on to smoke, take it off to stir, etc...
But the taste is superb & my lungs thank me for the purchase!! (using it right now as a matter of fact)

It could be my technique, but I've not gotten past threshold effects using the VG & .05-.06mg of spice.
So how are you fellas using the VG with DMT?
I've tried it with about 6 screens in the bottom & the crystals right in the pipe, seemed to just melt through. I could still see the clear (not burned at all - thats cool!) DMT oil stuck in the screens when I took them out.
I've tried putting a small piece of Brillo in the VG's bowl & melting the spice into it, didn't seem to get hot enough or something. Although it sure tasted horrible!!

For me, the best way to vaporize DMT is still a small glass bubbler, or bong (the kind meant for herb, not an oil pipe) with a piece of cleaned Brillo in the bowl to hold & heat the oil.
I've attached a pic of my current spice-device, a small bong.
Its not as good as the bubbler I used for the past year & a half, but I unfortunately broke that one during my recent move.Sad

cheers,

WS
WSaged attached the following image(s):
Vape pipe.jpg (23kb) downloaded 1,305 time(s).
Vape w-hand.jpg (34kb) downloaded 1,310 time(s).
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

WSaged
#4 Posted : 3/22/2009 6:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

s8championjgh wrote:
Can you get a break through every time?

Your not going to get a breakthough every time, its just not that easy.
In my experience its nearly impossible to get a breakthrough dose every time when smoking DMT, even with a perfect vaporizing device!
There are just way too many variables.
For example, any loud noise can break the DMT trance-state for me & ruin what was a breakthrough experience. That has nothing to do with the amount of spice, or how it was smoked but it effects how "far" I go just as much.
Also, I've been in the middle of a breakthrough experience & had it not fully "form" because my arms started to get very cold & it was so distracting that I never got "through". I was at the "edge" of a breakthrough but couldn't let it fill my senses enough to reach that fully realized "breakthrough" state.

So its not just the device used to vaporize the crystals, your surroundings also have a very important (if not equal) role in attaining the breakthrough experience.
One other thing, I have never had a breakthrough with with my eyes open, or with music playing (unless its extreemly quiet, mellow, ambient music). I need to have as much "real-world" stimulus to my senses removed from the situation, or I'm just too distracted & those disturbances keep me grounded here, in this reality.

s8championjgh wrote:
[color=orange]warrensaged, can you explain how it works? to me, it looks like a regular bong. What's the difference in a "bubbler?"

It is just a regular bong, its how you use it, that makes the difference.
A bubbler is a "water-pipe". (I've attached a pic (@ bottom)of my trusty old bubbler, rest its.....soul?.?.?)
Like a blown glass "weed pipe", with a small chamber under the bowl for a little bit of water filtration.

They are both used in the same way:
** Take a small piece of Brillo (You want to use a coarse steel mesh scrubbing pad, NOT STEEL WOOL!!!) and clean it by burning off the brassy looking coating with a torch lighter. Heat it until red-hot, it will not burn up. If it does, then you don't want to use that brand!!

** Once the brassy coating it burned off, run the Brillo under some water to rinse it & allow to dry completely.

** Then tightly stuff the Brillo into the bowl of the bubbler (or bong) and sprinkle your spice crystals onto the top of the Brillo.

** Now use a lighter to melt the DMT into the Brillo being extremely careful not to vaporize any of the DMT yet!!! If you can smell that DMT smell, your heating things too much, or too close! Do this a little bit at a time, not all at once, put some spice on, melt it in, put on some more, melt it in, until your whole dose is melted into the Brillo.

You can now easily smoke your DMT like you would a bowl of herb, except you do not want to pull the lighter's flame down into the Brillo, hold it above the bowl, close enough to heat the Brillo, which then heats the spice without burning it. I also recommend using a normal Bic lighter for smoking it this way. A torch is a very directed flame, shooting a lot of heat at a very small area. Its very easy to burn up a small area of the spice instead of vaporizing it with a torch lighter. A regular Bic has a much more diffuse heat field which makes it easier to heat the entire surface of the brillo, causing excellent vaporization, without burning.
NICE!!
I smoke it by using the thumb-carb constantly.
Holding the flame over the bowl, I inhale lightly and fill the chamber with white vapor, then remove thumb from the carb to clear the chamber, over & over. Fill, clear, fill, clear, with the flame above the bowl the whole time, until I get a full hit.
I usually do this for 3-to-4 tokes.

I use just enough room temp water (not hot or cold!!) to make a few bubbles when inhaling through it.
NO, this does not effect the potency of the DMT at all!!!
I have tried it extensively with & without water in the bubbler (or bong) & the only difference is that with the water, the smoke is much less harsh & the bad taste is dulled down a bit too.

When I first started doing extracts almost 2 years ago, myself & a friend experimented with every vaporizing device we read about or could think of, to see which was the most reliable.
I was trying to get a breakthrough every time, like you are wanting.
Unfortunately, that does not happen. But for me, using Brillo in a bubbler or small bong is the easiest, smoothest, best tasting & by far the most reliable way to smoke DMT that I found, after trying them all.

Everyone is different though, so you'll need to find what works best for you!!

Hope that helps,

WS
WSaged attached the following image(s):
Full Pipe.jpg (28kb) downloaded 1,301 time(s).
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

69ron
#5 Posted : 3/22/2009 7:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the test tube vaporizer is the best.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 3/22/2009 8:05:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To tell the truth, I've had many more DMT experiences that were not breakthroughs than experiences where I had a breakthrough.
It can be very disappointing, that's for sure!!

One thing that definitely helps to avoid a miss-fire is making an MAOI tea, from S.Rue or B.Caapi & drinking that 30-40 minutes before smoking your dose.
It not only extends the length of the experience, but it also reduces that anxiety most people get before taking that 1st toke & it takes about 1/2 as much spice to get full-on effects.
When I combine DMT with an MAOI tea, I almost always reach a breakthrough with about .020-to.030mg of spice!! Normally I have to use .050-.080mg to even get close.
Plus, things are mellowed out quite a bit (especially with the Caapi), the peak lasts up to 10 minutes & the overall effects can last up to 2 hours!!

Making tea from Syrian Rue seeds couldn't be any easier & the seeds are so cheap it's funny!
I bought $15 worth of S.Rue seeds well over a year ago, I've made tea 5 times now & when I make it, I make enough for 10 doses. I still have way over 3/4 of the bag of seeds left. I don't think I'll ever need to buy any more seeds!

However, I totally prefer tea made from B.Caapi!
It is psychoactive on its own, plus Caapi has a sedative-like effect that mellows me out a bunch & "prepares" me for the deep, deep experience that's coming.
Caapi is half of the combination of plants used to make Ayahuasca, the other plant contains the DMT.
Although Caapi+smoked DMT is not the same as a true Ayahuasca brew, it has more of the "spirit" of Aya than using S.Rue does. There seems to be some kind of a "presence" there, a "wisdom" in the Caapi, its very hard to explain that part...

Buuuut, Caapi is a whole lot more $$ than S.Rue seeds & it takes a lot more work, to make a palatable tea.
Also, it takes a lot more of the vine matterial, to get the same level of MAO interaction.
3-to-4 grams of S.Rue seeds is the normal amount for one average size person.
50-to-70 grams of B.Caapi vine is the normal amount for one average size person.
Then there's the amount of work involved in grinding 3gm of seeds (fairly easy) into powder. Or pounding 50gm of vine (can be a lot of work) into fibers.

I highly suggest trying both & seeing which one agrees with you best.
Caapi can have some physical side effects if the tea is not filtered well, so starting with S.Rue to experience the level of intensity & learning the timeline it adds to the DMT experience can be a good idea.

You will definitely want to read about MAOI interactions with certain types of food & medications BEFORE experimenting with MAOIs!!!
Rue & Caapi are really quite safe, but research it anyway!!!
As MAOI's can be dangerous, especially if combined with certain types of pharm meds!!
It can range from just feeling uneasy or achy, to getting seriously ill.

So please be careful!!

Cheers my friend!

WS

WSaged
#7 Posted : 3/22/2009 10:24:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

s8championjgh wrote:
69ron wrote:

I looked up "test tube vaporizer" and could not find much. can u provide a link? photo?

I would guess he is talking about using a large test tube with a small hole near the end, like you would a regular "base pipe" (a meth pipe).
This works great for some people, its very pure vapor if you do it correctly, but it is quite harsh especially if you burn any of the DMT oil & it is very easy to burn it this way.

I found using a "base-pipe" to be one of the harshest methods, and hard to get good tokes after the first hit starts to come on. The DMT oil tends to run from the heat, so as you warm the outside of the glass & vapor begins to rise, the oil immediately runs from the heat source. You have to keep following it around, keeping the flame far enough away to not burn the oil. Easy enough on hit number one, but number two & number three, it becomes very difficult to see how close the flame is to the bowl, much less chasing a clear liquid around that bowl.
It may work well for you though.
If you keep the temp just warm enough to vaporize but not hot enough to burn, it can be rather smooth, but I've had to have some else light it for me.
Or actually I would lite it for him, my pal never did get it figured out very well.

I used a heat gun on the low setting with a base-bubbler a few times. It was smooth a hell but very easy to burn yourself if you tried to use it by yourself. And a bit awkward regardless of who's operating it.

You should try every method, one will work better than the others for you.

69ron, what do you use for you heat source with you test-tube vaporizer?
Also, you've talk a lot about smoking extracted Bufotenine, how do you recommend smoking that?
Same as smoking DMT basically?
I'm planing to extract some in the near future.
Sounds amazing the way you & Jokerst have explained it, when a clean extraction is done & the crap/toxins are removed!!

WS

Buster
#8 Posted : 3/22/2009 10:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swims friend has a volcano vaporizer which works very well indeed. you can adjust the bag size so its just perfect for 3 nice lung fulls,
really smooth and hold inn-able.Just the £280 or whatever mental price it goes for is the off putter,but if you ever get a windfall it,s well worth
it.
swim has made his self a machine. He bought the miniature online for £3.50, fantastic value! Very simple to make and it certainly gives the volcano a run for its money,
plus its pocket sized and portable which is a bonus. It takes a little bit of getting used to but once you get your technik sorted, your laughing.
swims vote is for the machine but he might just be biased since its given him some truly wonderful experiences.

Peace
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

69ron
#9 Posted : 3/22/2009 11:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:
s8championjgh wrote:
69ron wrote:

I looked up "test tube vaporizer" and could not find much. can u provide a link? photo?

I would guess he is talking about using a large test tube with a small hole near the end, like you would a regular "base pipe" (a meth pipe).

Not quite like that. The test tube acts as a vapor chamber to allow the vapor to collect and cool down a little before inhaling it. It also prevents loss of vapor so you get the entire dose. You inhale using a vapor whip.

Notice the glass tubing extending from the stopper down into the test tube. That allows air into the tube when you inhale from the vapor using the vapor whip. You heat up the material using a flame of some sort, then when it boils the vapor collects in the test tube and doesn’t come out of it. It won’t go out the vapor whip or the glass tubing. It stays virtually trapped inside the test tube until you inhale it. It works better than any other method I’ve seen.

Here's the pic
69ron attached the following image(s):
Vaporizer.jpg (13kb) downloaded 1,259 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

tryptographer
#10 Posted : 3/22/2009 11:50:53 PM

tryptamine photographer

s8championjgh wrote:
69ron wrote:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who likes them Smile
It's a simple, cheap and dependable 'device'. Just put some spice in a small testtube, stick a thin glass tube into it, an inch or so distance to the bottom, heat the testtube and suck in those white clouds through the thin tube. Fresh air is sucked in from above, through the space between the tubes - keep the opening free. I can make a quick illustration if it's not clear.

The spice has a tendency to condense higher in the tube, but losses are minimal and this condensed stuff is really pure, it can always be recycled.
Don't be too gentle with the flame or the spice will 'creep away' from the hot spot and not fully vaporize. Some may find it harsh this way but a lot depends on purity...

I also like being able to see what's going on. The vaporgenie sounds nice but it's not transparent, and pretty expensive...

Warrensaged, all confirmed as usual, I like it bubbled through a bit of water, it even seems to have less tendency to condense on the walls when moistened!
One little addition: you can replace the Brillo steel by copper wire. Just take off the isolation of an electric cable, exposing fine copper wire, cut off a few cm, make sure it's not coated with crap, pre-burn off any contaminants. Press it into a rather dense ball and squeeze this into your waterbong pipehead.
Copper is an even better heat conductor than steel; once the spice has melted in, it's hard to burn it even when hitting it hard with a flame.
The copper will turn black due to formation of CuO but I don't think that's a problem.

About smoking technique: Exhaling white clouds is a waste! I hold my breath for at least 30 seconds, longer than that can even trigger a kind of 'death reflex' and may help getting deeper into the trance.

WSaged
#11 Posted : 3/23/2009 1:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Buster wrote:
Swims friend has a volcano vaporizer which works very well indeed. you can adjust the bag size so its just perfect for 3 nice lung fulls,
really smooth and hold inn-able.Just the £280 or whatever mental price it goes for is the off putter,but if you ever get a windfall it,s well worth
it.
swim has made his self a machine. He bought the miniature online for £3.50, fantastic value! Very simple to make and it certainly gives the volcano a run for its money,
plus its pocket sized and portable which is a bonus. It takes a little bit of getting used to but once you get your technik sorted, your laughing.
swims vote is for the machine but he might just be biased since its given him some truly wonderful experiences.

You can get an oil vaporization kit for the Volcano, I think from their website.
A special bowl & a piece of "Brillo-like" mesh that you melt your oil or crystals into. Then it works like normal...
I've never used one myself, like you said, $600.US is a bit of a joke for any smoking device!!
Unless you are independently wealthy or someone else is buyin'!!Wink

The way I use my bubbler/bong is exactly like the Machine, with a water filter.
I got the idea after I made a Machine & thought it worked great, except I wanted the water filtering. So I just bought a nice, clear bubbler & a big ball of Brillo!!
It was exactly what the doctor ordered!!

Interesting idea with the copper wire.
The "Brillo" I use is actually store-brand, "Copper Souring Pads". Found in the dish washing section.
There are steel ones too, which is what I used originally, but the copper ones are better, like you said.
I don't usually recommend copper mesh though, because there are a number of cheap-ass brands of copper scouring pads that are too thin & will burn up before vaporizing correctly!!
"Choir Boy" brand for instance, BURNS!!! Too thin...

WS

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 3/23/2009 4:28:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

with the VG..you just need to get it nice and hot..keep the flame in there..hit it long and deep..and hold for 15 seconds and take another hit..and hold for 20...SWIM can basically break through 4 out of 5 times with it..but hes going to build a test tube vaporizer..because he likes to see whats happening
it's a sound

antrocles
#13 Posted : 3/24/2009 9:59:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's quiver of spice devices (clockwise from the top):

1. Loch-Ness Monster: used exclusively for Jungle Spice- AWESOME little bubbler....absolutely perfect for the job....
2. Hurricane water-pipe. 1/2 frosted 1/2 clear w/ hash-oil fitting: used exclusively for the snow-white crystals....again....absolutely perfect for the job...
3. Vapor-genie. hand-made teak model. used exclusively for Bufotenine. SWIM lines the bowl with a little fortified Mullein leaf for smooooooth hits and sprinkle the Bufo on it. DELISHUS!
4. Vapor-genie. walnut. used for vaping DMT fortified Marijuana. many righteous journey have been had with this lil' fella....
5. La Machine....the one that started it all...took my time making it and it turned out perfect. too bad these suckers deliver a hit that's something like sucking a porcupine down your throat. SWIM keeps it around more as a momento of his first time extracting/preparing for what would later become a HUGE part of his life....

SWIM is currently in the process of getting the pieces together to make his test-tube unit....VERY excited to try this baby out!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
antrocles attached the following image(s):
IMG_1073.JPG (51kb) downloaded 1,195 time(s).
IMG_1074.JPG (50kb) downloaded 1,204 time(s).
wisdom today."

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 3/24/2009 11:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how are the effects of the bufo through a vaporgenie?
it's a sound

antrocles
#15 Posted : 3/25/2009 12:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bufo-rific! Smile SWIM is still a little bummed with his final product though...BBB's Cebil seeds were very low on the bufotenine. SWIM's VERY open to finding a new source for better beans!!

better beans + new d-limonene tek = true love....

wisdom today."

tropane
#16 Posted : 3/25/2009 1:51:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tells me that a tinfoil pipe shaped like a snake (to prevent inhaling boiling dmt)
works 100% of the time.

His is maybe 5-6 inches long with .75-1 cm inner diameter.

He loads his DMT and heats it from the bottom.. At the very instance he starts to see vapor,
he inhales until his lungs cannot possibly hold more.

NOTES about this method:

Kind of a pain to get just the right design off the bat

He can't even tell he's inhaling smoke but, exhales a cloud like he took a drag of a cig...

Straight to hyperspace in one long drag ... 2 if you're not a smoker.

Pipe cools down QUICK (after getting very very hot) lowering risk

It won't break.

Even though the pipe gets hot, he can make it long enough that he doesn't feel as though he's inhaling heat.

Cheap Cheap Cheap!!!

DMT TOLD HIM TO DO IT <-- do you need a better reason lol.

Really though, he's cleared 50mg in one inhale multiple times.

Anything posted on here is relayed fables from a friend of a friend
who does not own a computer. Since SWIM cannot type these up himself,
I reiterate his fictional ramblings word for word to be a nice guy.

amor_fati
#17 Posted : 4/8/2009 10:13:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM was thinking that when he finally gets some labglass, he'd like to try the test-tube method posted above by ron, especially when he starts extracting bufo. He'd like to feed a tube from the test-tube to a two hole stopper in a vacuum flask. One hole would be the carb, the second would have a glass tube feeding into it almost all the way to the bottom of the flask. The end of that tube would be submerged in water and a tube would be attached to the vacuum nozzle for inhalation. Has anyone tried this method for spice or bufo?

It may seem cumbersome, but it still require next to no handling of the piece during use; the pressure between the pieces would probably be great enough to avoid significant condensation of product with them.

69ron
#18 Posted : 4/9/2009 1:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has not tried that, but has thought about it many times. He has all the pieces to put it together. The cool part is that people would have no idea it was a water pipe for vaporizing alkaloids, they'd think it was some sort of scientific experiment.

I think it would work really well, and with that type of setup a really small test tube would be ideal because it wouldn't be the vapor chamber because the vacuum flask would serve that purpose. A good sized vacuum flask could hold a lot of water cooled vapor!

Phlux-
#19 Posted : 4/9/2009 1:28:59 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Swim has 2 questions
can a vapour genie be made at home - seems simple enough - just would like a closeup or explination of what that ceramic bit in the bowl is ???
and
seeings as spice has such a low vape point - couldnt some spice be put in a test tube made the same way as the pic above - the test tube pipe - and then immerse it in boiling water - the fact that the entire outside of the pipe is being exposed to like 90-100 degrees would stop it from condensing wouldnt it ?

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

HappyCamper
#20 Posted : 4/9/2009 5:30:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kind of off topic, but what would be the effect of putting a pile of spice into a joint? Any good?

123NEXT»