We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
trich eating cube Options

mrwiggle
#1 Posted : 3/16/2013 5:50:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so in doing agar work with strain isolation i noticed that several species most notably cyanescense and reishi seem to have a pronounces ability to eat trich when id direct competition with it, or at least the strains i have, now couple with the culture work in reference to myco remediation wherein one uses agar culture techniques to try and isolate strains with greatly increased capacity to consuming petroleum based toxins by making hundreds of plates and introducing a tiny amount of said toxin to the plate etc. until you have to toxin eating super shroom type scenario, so does anyone have any experience or comments concerning the idea of teaching a cubensi strain somehow to eat trichoderma?
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 3/16/2013 6:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a phenomenal question!

I have also noticed the ability for cyanescens and azurescens to eat mold like it was candy. It makes them so nice to work with!

If a person could devise a strain of cubes with this power, they'd really be on to something.

One thing to keep in mind, that the common use of "trich" often is used over a wide variety of molds, some of which aren't actually trich. So, the problem may be complex in that the cube might only eat certain types, but not others.

Another idea might be to develop a strain that was more hearty in less favorable conditions. If a cube could grow and abundantly fruit in say 60-65 degrees F, and 75% humidity, I think the risk of mold would be greatly diminished. That may prove harder than growing a trich-eating strain, though.
Be an adult only when necessary.