We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Different reasons for taking ibogaine, quick Q Options

The Gnome
#1 Posted : 2/14/2013 5:07:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know the dose of ibogaine is an X amount of milligrams/KG the person weighs... But say person A is taking a flood dose of ibogaine for spiritual reasons, while person B is taking a flood dose for heavy heroin abuse. I assume that the person with the heavy opiate problem would take I higher dose than the person taking ibogaine strictly for spiritual reasons.... So how does that fit into the equation when figuring out what dose each of the two people should take?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SpartanII
#2 Posted : 2/15/2013 12:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Gnome wrote:
I know the dose of ibogaine is an X amount of milligrams/KG the person weighs... But say person A is taking a flood dose of ibogaine for spiritual reasons, while person B is taking a flood dose for heavy heroin abuse. I assume that the person with the heavy opiate problem would take I higher dose than the person taking ibogaine strictly for spiritual reasons.... So how does that fit into the equation when figuring out what dose each of the two people should take?

But who's to say that a flood dose for a spiritual experience wouldn't be enough to help person B with the heroin addiction? Maybe a spiritual experience is part of the reason why ibogaine works for an opiate abuser. Everyone is different- physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Kash
#3 Posted : 2/15/2013 7:34:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

SpartanII wrote:
But who's to say that a flood dose for a spiritual experience wouldn't be enough to help person B with the heroin addiction? Maybe a spiritual experience is part of the reason why ibogaine works for an opiate abuser. Everyone is different- physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

And each person experiences a different version of reality adding to that.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

SpartanII
#4 Posted : 2/16/2013 1:28:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like a pretty broad generalization to me.

I don't think you can just classify people into addicts and non-addicts. Addiction can take so many forms, and range widely in severity, affecting different people in different ways. I just don't see it as black and white as you do.

From my point of view, we're all addicted to something on some level. This is the nature of the ego and it's attachment.

lalababa
#5 Posted : 3/13/2013 1:49:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As an addict, especially opiates, you need a lot more to plug those receptors... If you don't have enough you could end up back in withdrawal.

lalababa