We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I went 7 days without marijuana Options

Akasha224
#1 Posted : 3/11/2013 8:47:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[Deleted]
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 3/11/2013 9:10:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Happened to me too.

I was using several grams a day, 4-7 easy and then tried DMT for my first time and then came down and had no cravings for cannabis, I saw how i had used it as a crutch and it had gotten in the way of my development as a person.

I enjoy it now and use it rather sparingly.

Quote:

There is no more desire for intoxication of any sort anymore. Even though I considered my use of marijuana "therapeutic" and/or "medicinal" (this is not to say that it isn't for other people), I still greatly enjoyed getting as high as possible, for the sake of recreation. In retrospect, I realize that this is idiotic. There's so much more to life. There are no more delusions about marijuana's anxiolytic effects on me - it was all just a giant cycle of madness. I'm stressed, I smoke, I come down and get stressed again, I smoke, etc., etc. It was never a solution...more of a band-aid.

Yup, you are preaching to the choir with me.
I think your insight is wise.

Akasha224
#3 Posted : 3/11/2013 10:24:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[Deleted]
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

minds eye open
#4 Posted : 3/11/2013 10:55:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know exactly what you are talking about. I still love marijuana, and being high,and I think you could explain any marijuana use as medicinal, whether clinical or not, but since first taking DMT, I have lost alot of the desire to smoke it. Marijuana has helped me through some of the most difficult times of my life, and I would describe my feelings toward it as love, but this loss of desire for it has blown my mind too. My one other vice, cigarettes, have also lost much of their appeal, although im still helplessly addicted. Lol but sad.But the taste and smell absolutely disgust me now. Perhaps with the aid of DMT, I can finally clear this last hurdle of addiction. However, Mary Jane will always have a place in my heart.

Akasha224
#5 Posted : 3/11/2013 11:13:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[Deleted]

jamie
#6 Posted : 3/11/2013 11:22:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

The same thing happened to me after starting to work with DMT..I stopped smoking for 6 months completely. That was maybe 4 years ago or so and I have never started up a chronic pattern of cannabis use again. I dont find it of particular interest for me anymore other than for certain occasions. It is best when I smoke cannabis once every month or so.

I went from smoking an ounce every week or two, to not smoking at all in one day. I cant say I felt good right away, I felt like I was in withdrawl for a few days but after that I felt much much more alive.
Long live the unwoke.

Dr John
#7 Posted : 3/12/2013 6:58:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there is a recently produced TED talk with author researcher graham hancock, he said he stopped smoking weed after a ayahausca session; for reasons stated eerily like the comments in this thread. I know where you guys are coming from.

i certainly had to put my weed smoking in check,.. especially blunts, which i don't smoke anymore. I also had to get real snobbish about the genetics and grade i smoked too. When i use weed just to pass the time, and for the fuck of it; it creates a very mundane cycle in lifestyle.

i am at my best when i only use weed in a meditative manner, and contemplative, by myself or sparingly amongst a shallow pool of friends.

bemeda
#8 Posted : 3/12/2013 11:28:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's been quite a bit of research into the use of DMT as a tool for breaking drug habits, even hard drugs with high dependency. David Suzuki's show "The Nature of Things" covered an ayahuasca rehab clinic that unfortunately has since been shut down. Can't find the full show, but here's a preview:

Jungle Prescription - Preview

There's a cool segment in the show where they show a visualization of DMT's neuronal wizardry - stretching withered synapses, opening neural pathways that have long been out of use, and generally yawning open the brain chemistry in a way that may just be conducive to breaking behavioral patterns. Fancy that!

TheAwakening
#9 Posted : 3/12/2013 11:47:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations on beating your addiction. I too was a chronic marijuana user but beat the habit after a strange experience with mushrooms. I know of a few people this has happened with. I have a question for you if I may, did you have really intense dreams a few nights after you stopped? When I stopped I had absolutely crazy dreams for like a week and was wondering how common this is.

A.

twofourtwo
#10 Posted : 3/12/2013 2:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheAwakening wrote:
Congratulations on beating your addiction. I too was a chronic marijuana user but beat the habit after a strange experience with mushrooms. I know of a few people this has happened with. I have a question for you if I may, did you have really intense dreams a few nights after you stopped? When I stopped I had absolutely crazy dreams for like a week and was wondering how common this is.

A.

I hear this a lot and I have definitely experienced this myself when breaking my own smoking habit for some time. I'm actually looking forward to dreaming again every time I pause my use- the dreams often come in the form of nightmares but I still value them for their vividness.

A simple google search confirms your observation:
"Marihuana withdrawal dreams"

aegishjalmir
#11 Posted : 3/12/2013 7:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dr John wrote:
there is a recently produced TED talk with author researcher graham hancock, he said he stopped smoking weed after a ayahausca session; for reasons stated eerily like the comments in this thread. I know where you guys are coming from.

Thank you for mentioning Hancock. I recently read his piece on quitting weed, Giving Up the Green Bitch, which is here: http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php and thought it was really impressive and mature. One of his conclusions was that pot made him mean to his wife. That had never occurred to me before - that it makes one tend to be a bit of a jerk - and now that I think about it I think it may be true for many people.

I have a great deal of affection for weed but I now think of substances and practices in terms of whether or not they are holotropic or integrative - whether or not they tend to pull me into greater unity as a human being. "Healing" is another way of putting it. Meditation and psilocybin are strongly integrative / healing. Breathwork is healing. Marijuana and alcohol, while interesting and fun, aren't. Another way of putting it is that marijuana is unhealthy, mentally, for me anyway. It makes me paranoid and unhappy and I tend to be a (bigger) asshole to my loved ones when I'm stoned. Like anything else potentially damaging I think it's particularly damaging for kids to use it regularly. I use it very sparingly now.

It sure makes music sound good though, and I find it is good at delivering that slap in the face of brutal honesty that I need every now and then.

Akasha224
#12 Posted : 3/13/2013 11:52:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[Deleted]

minds eye open
#13 Posted : 3/14/2013 7:58:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The most real and vivid dreams, rather nightmares, I have ever had, were when I took welbutrin to try and stop smoking.

Awe
#14 Posted : 3/15/2013 12:38:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Congratulations on quitting the MJ!

I've been on and off for years, only really getting into it at about 10 years of sobriety (from alcohol). I abused it for a bit but found I ate too much and wasn't too productive. And it got less fun for me each time. I worked out that smoking Friday and Saturday nights were best for me.

Then I quit when I quit smoking cigarettes Jan 12/2013 because as soon as I get high, I want 5 cigs at once. And then I really paid attention before my first two Aya ceremonies a few weeks back. Since then, I'd still want to smoke it but am looking at 2 more ceremonies next week, and so am passing on that in the interest of being as clean inside as possible.

Re: the cig smoking - I replaced it with the ecigs with nicotine juice but am still hooked on that. Ideally, I'd like to kick the cravings for the MJ and the ecigs. I'm hoping my next 2 ceremonies will help.

Anyway like I said, a big congratulations on quitting with no cravings!!

Dreamwalker
#15 Posted : 3/15/2013 1:37:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

Congratulations! There are certain perks that come with quitting marijuana. For me at least dream intensity and recall has been at an all time high.

I haven't smoked since mid November. that's about four months now. I really didn't smoke much to begin with but I can definitely notice more clarity in my waking life and MUCH more when I'm in dreamland. I'ts amazing actually!

I'm sure I'll hang with Mary once and a while... sooner or later. A long break is definitely worth taking though.

Everything in moderation.

Botanical Bliss
#16 Posted : 3/19/2013 4:34:31 AM

SeeingFacesInManyPlaces

I can relate, as I see many others can too. Dmt is no mere drug, it is a very powerful healing tool if used correctly. I have some friends (more like acquaintances for the herb) that have had dmt a few times, but they seemingly have yet to experience what it really has to offer. They are constantly taking various pills and always toking up, and each time I go over there they are kind of rude to whatever chick is there. They jokingly mess with her/them but at the same time, I can see through their "jokes" and know that they are just projecting their own inner issues onto others. So I really hope that the dmt they have will wake them up, like it has many of us.

I had some dmt at their place last week and experienced ego death and being reborn. It's kind of a blur, it was so intense. When I came down I was so in awe and probably sounded crazy to the people in the room. I couldn't express what I was feeling in words so I told everyone that I had to hug them all, and I did. I went into the experience hoping to "project" love onto them, and I feel like they might have felt it, but idk, I haven't seen them since so idk what my experience and reactions had on them.

I haven't smoked pot since, and it's almost been a week. I don't want to go back to it for a while, and when I do, I won't go back to smoking daily and disrespecting the herb, like I have for a while. I'm serious this time, unlike many times I would go back to it after a week or so. This experience was so strong I just have no desire to go back to the herb as I know it won't bring me any good.
[center]Sophia's Light

In darkest night, when lights are dim, and all in sight seems sad and grim,
I find you there, your arms surround me, your spirit fills me and it grounds me.
I look to you, Lady of Truth, most ancient One, yet eternal youth,to keep me safe, protect my heart,and with the wisdom you impart, fill up my empty mind and soul,so that, my Lover, you can make whole, all that was broken in this day –and that is what I ask and pray.